Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW vs. Guild Wars

2»

Comments

• XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

Originally posted by ledias
    ehem i think uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i like wow better, and thats wat i think people got their own opinion and arent that good spellers i dont like the magic casting either, so thats wat i think gw is very not good as wow how does guiuld wars apeal to u gosh i hate u peeps
    how will wow players want to check it out, yeah its free, or is it?
    freedom isnt free .

i find this pretty insulting (so STFU !!!) , coz WoW isnt even the half of what GW will become, MUHAHAHAHAHA ::::18::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• RubycatRubycat Member Posts: 223

not to burst your bubble or anything. Guild Wars isnt looking to compete with World of warcraft.
    Its not an MMORPG.

Its more like a 3D diablo with less levels (20 instead of 99)
    -it had invisible walls
    -cant even jump

if your looking at the next big MMORPG its not GuildWars.

Content wise WorldofWarcraft is miles above guildwars (cause a MMORPG is suppose to have tons of content for all the levels involved with it

Everquest 2 i think has more content than WoW though, but thats because they judge content on how long it takes you to get there. 50 levels of crazy grinding..
    ====================================

Heres the way i see it, GuildWars has 20 levels max for your character, how many places to fight? i dunno that yet. but if the max lv 20, its either going to be a really fast arcade style game where you hook up in main town then go off with party to an adventure zone (instance) or go do some PvP in the arenas
    --OR! its going to be a long grind to 20 (where your one level for days on in.. like it takes 2months or so to hit 20)

thats bout how long it takes to hit 60 in WoW depending on if your casual or Hardcore..
    ====================================

My self im not getting guildwars, because I dont want a 3D Diablo. i like a explorable world not limited by invisible walls/ lack of jumping/ with other things to do than pvp or go party up for a instance..

To me Guildwars is going to have to put out expansions at least monthly or it wont compete with world of Warcraft (AND GOOD THING FOR YOU ALL!!! IT ISNT!!!.. STOP COMPARING IT TO WOW!.. TWO DIFFERENT GAME TYPES!!)

WoW and GW are not greater lesser or equal to eachother. both are hitting different audiences!..
    --but just for the sake that some people cant see that, i put it in perspective to show why you cant compare them (if they are still too stubborn and keep muttering "OMGZ GW RULEZ WOW!" then theres no hope for them.

• HelixwolfHelixwolf Member Posts: 345

There's no comparason. It's all based on personal preference and not which is better, uber, awesome or whatever.

To me this is another dead topic just like all of the WoW vs EQII posts awhile back before they came out. Every time one was started it lead to no where but flaming and people saying "OH, THAT GAME SUCKS, <game name here> puts that one in the dust!" Pointless..... Just go with what you're going with and leave at that.

• SirCagSirCag Member Posts: 26

All I can say is that i agree with everything you say except that guildwars rules wow in this forum, so buzz of if you dont like it. At wow forum wow rules gw and I dont go there to flame against WoW...

imageimage
    GW Characters:
    Serena Varden - Monk/Mesmer
    Faith Varden - Warrior/Elementalist
    Sama Varden - Elementalist/Necromancer
    Helena Varden - Ranger/Monk

• LordpittLordpitt Member Posts: 27

i just can't understand why people who say "i'm never gonna get this sucky game" is even on the gw forum...

• FiEND4UFiEND4U Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by talesin
    Please god, make it stop....image

ROFL ::::35::
    amen.. you run into these wherever you go.. anything to do with either game.. its there
    for anyone who is actually reading through this.. go read the reviews on like.. ign or something, or just try out both games and make up your own mind..
    that's how i got to liking gw more..::::20::

• madinsane00madinsane00 Member Posts: 5
    GW sucks and WoW is great end of story good bye (and yes i have played it tryed the beta and i found it as much fun as D2 witch isent saying much)
  • Gats2k6Gats2k6 Member Posts: 190

Originally posted by Rubycat
    not to burst your bubble or anything. Guild Wars isnt looking to compete with World of warcraft.
    Its not an MMORPG.Its more like a 3D diablo with less levels (20 instead of 99)
    -it had invisible walls
    -cant even jumpif your looking at the next big MMORPG its not GuildWars.Content wise WorldofWarcraft is miles above guildwars (cause a MMORPG is suppose to have tons of content for all the levels involved with itEverquest 2 i think has more content than WoW though, but thats because they judge content on how long it takes you to get there. 50 levels of crazy grinding..
    ====================================Heres the way i see it, GuildWars has 20 levels max for your character, how many places to fight? i dunno that yet. but if the max lv 20, its either going to be a really fast arcade style game where you hook up in main town then go off with party to an adventure zone (instance) or go do some PvP in the arenas
    --OR! its going to be a long grind to 20 (where your one level for days on in.. like it takes 2months or so to hit 20)thats bout how long it takes to hit 60 in WoW depending on if your casual or Hardcore..
    ====================================My self im not getting guildwars, because I dont want a 3D Diablo. i like a explorable world not limited by invisible walls/ lack of jumping/ with other things to do than pvp or go party up for a instance..To me Guildwars is going to have to put out expansions at least monthly or it wont compete with world of Warcraft (AND GOOD THING FOR YOU ALL!!! IT ISNT!!!.. STOP COMPARING IT TO WOW!.. TWO DIFFERENT GAME TYPES!!)WoW and GW are not greater lesser or equal to eachother. both are hitting different audiences!..
    --but just for the sake that some people cant see that, i put it in perspective to show why you cant compare them (if they are still too stubborn and keep muttering "OMGZ GW RULEZ WOW!" then theres no hope for them.

Where do you get your facts? ArenaNet wanted to try something new than grinding 1000hrs to get to max level and the get the outmost out of the game. Or they can reward those "losers" who have no life and play a game all day just to be more "uber" than everyone else. btw it takes about 4 days to get 20 if your a hardcore player. For content wow you need to be shunned you call this bring me this kill that rape that do that bring me my leg content? if so you live in a bleak world now Gw has more content in both areas of questing single and co-op. Invisible walls well there isn't just no "invisible walls" there may be rivers or mountains blocking the way or something but no invisible wall... jumping... ok think about this would you seriousally be able to jump with heavy equipment on you and inventory in rl thousands of times over over and jump to avoid fighting? rule of thumb F--- No. Well PvP is the main focus of the game and they need to do better there but i know it beats WoW in there since wow is just senseless killing.

Now something we can agree on stop comparing it to WoW. WoW is only succesful since Blizzard had an vast player base from the 90s and they built upon that. this made the community sour look at this idiotic post

GW sucks and WoW is great end of story good bye (and yes i have played it tryed the beta and i found it as much fun as D2 witch isent saying much)

D&D online is gonna kick major ass

and guildwars IS FUCKIN GAY

now dumb immature child go back to bnet and world of crap. and oh

yes i have played it tryed the beta and i found it as much fun as D2 witch isent saying much)
    if you say so but playing it in your mind doesn't mean squat or the first five minutes since probally your attention spam is too low along with your spelling and grammer

Now i can't comment on Everquest 2

but as it has ben said mods please click the Topic Closed button ::::17::::::18::::::08::

• gsonoxgsonox Member Posts: 121

Would someone PLEASE lock this topic!?

• XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

bit of spamm never hurt a soul ::::18::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• talesintalesin Member Posts: 113
    Lol ! no dye for you Hieromancer! better luck next time!
  • ShumpShump Member Posts: 116

Originally posted by Rubycat
    Its not an MMORPG.Its more like a 3D diablo with less levels (20 instead of 99)
    -it had invisible walls
    -cant even jumpif your looking at the next big MMORPG its not GuildWars.Content wise WorldofWarcraft is miles above guildwars (cause a MMORPG is suppose to have tons of content for all the levels involved with itEverquest 2 i think has more content than WoW though, but thats because they judge content on how long it takes you to get there. 50 levels of crazy grinding..
    ====================================Heres the way i see it, GuildWars has 20 levels max for your character, how many places to fight? i dunno that yet. but if the max lv 20, its either going to be a really fast arcade style game where you hook up in main town then go off with party to an adventure zone (instance) or go do some PvP in the arenas
    --OR! its going to be a long grind to 20 (where your one level for days on in.. like it takes 2months or so to hit 20)thats bout how long it takes to hit 60 in WoW depending on if your casual or Hardcore..
    ====================================My self im not getting guildwars, because I dont want a 3D Diablo. i like a explorable world not limited by invisible walls/ lack of jumping/ with other things to do than pvp or go party up for a instance..To me Guildwars is going to have to put out expansions at least monthly or it wont compete with world of Warcraft (AND GOOD THING FOR YOU ALL!!! IT ISNT!!!.. STOP COMPARING IT TO WOW!.. TWO DIFFERENT GAME TYPES!!)WoW and GW are not greater lesser or equal to eachother. both are hitting different audiences!..

as far as max lvl 20 no one knows that gees when u make a premade lvl 20 u still gain xp it says like 14000 needed tell 21 so who knows i seen lvl 24 npc drawfts, and when u play in the one arena u face lvl 28 cretures not to mention your ghostly hero is lvl 28.. omg we cant jump what a shame try /jump if u care about a jump that much sorry this isent like Wow where when u jump u lag so bad u appear somewhere else ya thats real fun in Wow we all half to all look at the same because we HAVE NO DYE how sad. not to mention the amazing 2d trees... repetative quest there so fun arent they here well just change this guys name but its still the same thing your running here giveing him a message real fun right... the gw quest are fun i have stupid friends who like WOw they must like lag or something i told them to just get dial up if they want the tru wow exsperience but they make so many dam new charactures in that game its not even funny they get to like 40 in a week Wow has what 1 style of GVG... i no your next response GW only has 6 class well more like 12 cuz u multi class. now your next response well be th same as my friends who play WOW well when this amazing WOW patch comes out we well have some good stuff (just got to bear threw it now until it gets about almost fun)
    when a modern game developer takes 1 piece of paper draws a tree on it and takes another piece of paper and draws a tree on it and slices them to getter and calls that good terrain they got problems..... i can just sit there any spot of gw and look at how amazing everything looks like they took there time... i can go on GW and have fun in like 20 sec cant get a party grab the hench man..

• AramoireAramoire Member Posts: 11

I'm just tired of people posting these stupid <instertnamehere> vs. <insertnamehere> threads. It is jut plain stupid, everyone has their own tastes and they will like one game more than the other. Then you have your die hard fanatics that won't see the truth even if it bashed their face in. Like when the dreamcast came out, there were people that swore up and down that plastation had way better graphics. I mean c'mon and see the truth.

I'm also tired of the immature people that register and account just so they can make a post that says, if you play this game you are gay. You don't have any right to say anything about a game if you haven't played it yet.

Thats why I won't say anything about WoW, I haven't played it, nor do I want to. But that is just my taste and opinion, it doesn't make one game better that the other.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

im getting  tired of the "VS" topics becuase they all give me flashbacks of the WoW vs EQII with spam, stupid comments, fanboys, and the majority of the people didn't even play any of the games.

those days are over though image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• AvonyleAvonyle Member Posts: 13

Absolutely agreed!

Games should not make people start argue about what game's better, but to make people have fun! If somebody doesn't like a game, then he should not play it! ::::04::
    So stop that stupid "my game is better than yours" bubbling ::::12:: and discuss the pro and cons of each game or what you like or dislike on a neutral level! ::::18::

Avonyle has spoken! Hough ::::02::

• BacterialBagBacterialBag Member Posts: 24
    WoW, ok. But on first sight graphics look kinda cartoonish :-/   GW, no mass players, you only see eachother in citys. or before a mission but you dont play alltogether. That was a bit downfall. I dont know if this has changed though because I havent played the last Beta Weekend.
  • DarkSaviorDarkSavior Member Posts: 31

Got a classmate who was totally sold on WoW when it came out. He tried GW for the first time during the last weekend. I don't think he plays as much WoW anymore. He said that GW rocks. ;)

• AvonyleAvonyle Member Posts: 13

I think the real exciting thing about guildwars is that the game does not force the player to play for weeks and weeks and weeks to get a good charakter, but it has that "Magic the gathering" - effect!
    Once you reached a certaian level of recources (the skills) the challange is to trie out the most effective combinations to win a battle!
    Also the graphics have this perfect mixture between Fantasy and Reality, whereas WoW decided to go to it's specific Comic-Style. Some People like it some would prefer a little bit more convincing style.

I loved playing Magic the Gathering - Trading cards, but after a while I was not willing to pay anymore for the new collections, but now I'm caught up in Guild Wars with it's magical bann!

Thank you GuildWars for saving my money!!! ::::18::

• ShumpShump Member Posts: 116

try replying to the one in the public forums this is kinda in the gw section where more gw players are

• xela501xela501 Member Posts: 21

there 2 totaly diff games.