Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW vs. Guild Wars

Nova700Nova700 Member UncommonPosts: 28
title says it all....i am currently playing WoW and i played in the first open beta for GW, and i am finding that at the end of WoW there is really nothing to do but gank.  I will really have to wait till battlegrounds to make my final decision, but what do you guys think?  PLZ only vote/post if you have played both, spare me the fan boy crap when all you do is read fourms image

Comments

• LordpittLordpitt Member Posts: 27

jesus! another oneimage

http://gwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Editorials.Detail&id=20

read that and stop making these threads! there is already about 50 of them

• gsonoxgsonox Member Posts: 121

..Took the words out of my mouth.

• Gats2k6Gats2k6 Member Posts: 190

ahmen gw will save alot of wow players

• B1ackMondayB1ackMonday Member Posts: 44

well its kinda obvious people are gonna vote for GW, i mean this the Guild Wars section of the site. Put the same poll on the WoW section and i bet WoW will win.

• Invincible37Invincible37 Member Posts: 172

stop making GW Vs WoW threads they are pointless are there has been alot and they all got same result

u cant compare the 2 they are 2 totally different games in the long run

wow is traditional mmorpg

gw is corpg but in a sense still a mmo.but in no sense a normal mmo

so stop asking

• cyrdaancyrdaan Member Posts: 60
    Yes please stop with these stupid threads. As Invincible said, they can't be compared. They are two totally different games.

Originally posted by B1ackMonday
    well its kinda obvious people are gonna vote for GW, i mean this the Guild Wars section of the site. Put the same poll on the WoW section and i bet WoW will win.

So very true. Although I´d think that in the WoW section there would be alot more not-so-constructive-critisism towards GW, in comparison what we have talked about WoW here.

• talesintalesin Member Posts: 113

Please god, make it stop....image

Sorry if it feels like we are picking on you for posting, it's just that there have been loads of GW vs WoW threads before this one and I reckon most of the regular posters are pretty fed up by them now.

• fnysfnys Member Posts: 88

Originally posted by Nova700
    PLZ only vote/post if you have played both, spare me the fan boy crap when all you do is read fourms

After your STUPID post I can't belive that you have played GW for more than 15min that beta weekend, where are the alternatives in your poll for thoose who like Guild Wars...?

READ what everyone answered you! It said clearly that "we don't want to see you in this gw forum section if you're so stupid making idiotic posts where you dont can't vote for Guild Wars"
    Do you think it would be fun if I post a topic with the same info (but only good things about GW and negative things about WoW, wich after your post tells me what kind of ppl who is playing WoW).

I don't want to see any more "comparison" against WoW and GW (discussions about the games are OK).
    It's two very different games.

...and if i must say, like you did: Guild Wars ROXX and WoW stinks!

Guildwars - WSC guild
    -> Ingame: Frigus Fnys
    -> Profession: N/Mo

• KartelKartel Member Posts: 241

What a shamelessly slanted and worthless poll. But yeah ..what everyone else said.

• spazztic2003spazztic2003 Member Posts: 11
    i would say that GW is better, and not because this is in the GW forum, because i've tried WoW, and i didn't like it very much.  leveling is SUCH a drag, nonstop killing, and mostly everyone are night-elves!  the racial balances suck, and need to be changed.  the graphics are slightly outdated, which guild wars beats FOR SURE.  just all the little stuff, plus the big stuff, WoW gets downgraded for that.
  • DonavynDonavyn Member Posts: 71

Honestly I think you can do both games at the same time. Being that Guild Wars has no monthly subscription fee like World of Warcraft does, you can always get both games and play whichever one you feel when the mood strikes you.

Not only is Guild Wars a great game, and economical. It also fits into any duo-idea for gameplay that you may have. =)

• LordpittLordpitt Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by fnys

Guild Wars ROXX and WoW stinks!

imagedamn right! image
  • XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

::::28:: YES, THAT THE FIRST RULE OF MY GUILD ::::28::

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• HelixwolfHelixwolf Member Posts: 345

IMO I like GW better then WoW for a number of reasons:

1. I only played WoW for a month and already got to level 51 while others got to level 60 in the first two weeks!

2. The high end levels seemed to be nothing but a grind.

3. Constant whining and bickering over blance isssues between classes...

4. Monthly fees that made me feel as if I had to play in order to get my money's worth, or else I'd be wasting money.

I'm not saying WoW is a bad game all around, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

GW, on the other hand, totally surprised me! When I first participated in one of the beta weekends, I was expecting somthing really bland that would not end up impressing me and I would have to uninstall it only minutes after installing the game. As I played more into GW, my views changed drastically!

In GW, teams were easy to find, the graphics were amazing, and I could not believe the game was free aside from all the other pay to play MMORPGs out there. I will definately be getting this game!

• 2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198

I have played WoW since it came out and i am / was currently in the GW Alpha. Ever since wow came out i sort of quit GW because im  PURE  RPG type fan with trying to get the best gear and so on. GW will always have better PvP than WoW but lacks severe lasting appeal because of the lack of RPG content.

So to break it down

WoW > RPG with decent PvP and alot longer lasting appeal

GW > PvP with sexeh graphics but lacks everything else.

thats my opinnion .....

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

Originally posted by 2pacalypse
    I have played WoW since it came out and i am / was currently in the GW Alpha. Ever since wow came out i sort of quit GW because im PURE RPG type fan with trying to get the best gear and so on. GW will always have better PvP than WoW but lacks severe lasting appeal because of the lack of RPG content.

So to break it down
    WoW > RPG with decent PvP and alot longer lasting appeal
    GW > PvP with sexeh graphics but lacks everything else.

thats my opinnion .....

I know it´s your opinion, but you played alpha and.. This is your picture about GW? I could take it more seriously, if you would been playing at least in some of the betas, but..

But ok, it´s your opinion and I would be lying if I´d say that WoW sucks. It´s fun, for a while. After 14th level I was bored and frustrated. I thought it might be about race or class or something, but no. Tried another race and class, twice, but it just got me more frustrated. I can´t imagine myself playing it, I don´t think fun means killing boring monsters for hours just to gain a level, that "gives you access" to another area without being killed several times. A new area, where you can kill monsters for hours, to gain a level.. Quests were nice, until I realized that they were all the same. Get this, bring it to me. Kill this then talk to me. It felt like doing the same quest again and again.

Thats why I like GW and thats why I like singleplayer computerRPGs more. When I play, I want to have fun, not to get frustrated. I want to play whenever I have the time, from 30 minute session to 6h session.

But please, do not be offended by this, I respect your opinion and I hope you can respect mine. I just wish that you would give GW another shot, you wouldn´t even have to quit WoW, because GW doesn´t really obligate you to play it for hours and hours.

• tubulartubular Member Posts: 30
    well i think that GW could win the fight ones is release, comon people look at this options:    GW doest requirest too much power from the computer or at least the veta doesn't image  and the awsome lightning effects that it has make it look fantastic and I can take the clothes off my character and make it dance on his underwearimage
  • JatezJatez Member Posts: 103
    I love WoW, and am still going to play it no matter what anyone says. But GW does have a lot of good aspects! I think if you don't like WoW you will like GW if you don't like GW you'll like WoW. I may play WoW and GW at the same time, because it is a totally different thing. All you can do is wait for both to come out, then play both and decide. Don't depened on other people, depend on facts and your opinion!

Jatez -- Question Everything -- Jate

• AvonyleAvonyle Member Posts: 13

just before it's being locked: ::::02::

WoW is very nice! I really like it, but GW appeals to me much more!
    The comic-like design of WoW is innovative, but the realistic touch of GW attracted me from the very first day I saw, and played it!

The teamplay-system allows you to spend even just 15 Minutes giving you fun and success!
    I love it!
    And one of the greatest features is that there is no monthly fee!!!

In other Words Guild Wars rules, and will definitely change the Gamers world.

Avonyle

• xchrisxxchrisx Member Posts: 17
    I agree by the time guild wars comes out i think a lot of high level Wow players will want to check it out
  • Wsc_SleipnerWsc_Sleipner Member Posts: 40

Well it have probably been said like 100 times before but...

You CAN'T compare Apples and Pears (Ordinarry MMORPG and Cooperative MMORPG like GuildWars)

Mostly as the Average MMORPG is all about LVL and Equipment (Bets gear on a High lvl char and u rule the game. and in GW the lvl and Items is a secondarry thing as Tactics and Teamwork can kill Those depending on Gear and lvl at ANY time.

And i know some guys who play WoW and Love it (One is lvl 53 (i think it was)) and they praise the game BUT they have NEVER tested GuildWars so they do the only smart thing..STFU about gw as they have no idee... As for me and WoW I think it looks nice but i think GW look better.

So basicly when making a Tread like this Use some finess (and Brain). Compare stuff that CAN be compared, Graphics, Sound and general Feeling (but this is Most personal so maybe hard to compare), and The "Quest build" in the games.

Nuff said and untill the next Beta...TRY to find something to do and stop staring at the GW shortcut on your desktop as i am sad to notify you all that this will NOT make the time go ANY faster :D

• lediasledias Member Posts: 29

ehem i think uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i like wow better, and thats wat i think people got their own opinion and arent that good spellers i dont like the magic casting either, so thats wat i think gw is very not good as wow
    how does guiuld wars apeal to u gosh i hate u peeps

how will wow players want to check it out, yeah its free, or is it?

freedom isnt free .

i thought people could spell

• Gats2k6Gats2k6 Member Posts: 190

Originally posted by ledias
    ehem i think uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i like wow better, and thats wat i think people got their own opinion and arent that good spellers i dont like the magic casting either, so thats wat i think gw is very not good as wow how does guiuld wars apeal to u gosh i hate u peeps
    how will wow players want to check it out, yeah its free, or is it?
    freedom isnt free .

that is the community that blizzard built up with bnet and going from an rts style with much of that behavor in starcraft and war 3 and since wow is made by same company people think blizzard will totally awesome tho this is there first time venturing into mmo territory but with the recent line up of devs at blizzard they are just milking the story behind all 3 warcrafts... while most of the devs at arena are the original devs to alot at blizz.. bnet,starcraft,diablo 1 and 2,warcraft 1-2 not sure about 3