Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online first screens leaked

Comments

• greyed-outgreyed-out Member Posts: 99

Originally posted by Magnum2103

I found a screenshot showing some of the UI details!:

lol

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Those graphic look pretty nice to me,

this way more people will be able to play the game without upgrading, skyrim was great on max setting but some people could not max it, and remember skyrim was only a singlerplayer not multiplayer,

So i assume if they go this route they most have try or think what would happend if there was tone of people on a map with those kind of graphic,

So going this way bethesda will be able to get midrange pc player ,

so more people,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• AlbredAlbred Member UncommonPosts: 48

The op is absolutely right.  What is up with these crappy alpha, final state of the game graphics?!?!?!11

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

Reminds me of GW2

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

s's look ok. If game play is good, i will give it a shot. to all the girls and complainers... please get out of the basement and breath the clean air!!!!!!!!

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by Albred

The op is absolutely right.  What is up with these crappy alpha, final state of the game graphics?!?!?!11

heard the same sarcasim on TOR, for that fact just about every game prior to that.  What you see is what you get!!

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428

Originally posted by Mephster

WTH is ths crappy cartoony nonsense is this ? God this is so disappointing. It is over before it even started I think...

Link: http://www.incgamers.com/News/31243/elder-scrolls-online-looks-very-mmo-ish-first-screens-leaked

It looks fine to me. Some of you skyrim fanbois need to get that nerd rage under control. This game has no effect on the rest of the games, its seperate, skyrim will still be skyrim this will still be this, whatever this is going to be.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

game is a still born, bethesda killed it before it even had a chance to release. Move along people.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

The graphics look like a cross between Rift and LoTRO to me.  Not bad; not great.  IMO its a bit too cartoony and needs to be polished up on the realism side a bit more.

• J2KhouriJ2Khouri Member UncommonPosts: 31

Originally posted by Magnum2103

I found a screenshot showing some of the UI details!:

LOL!

• MathizsiasMathizsias Member UncommonPosts: 16

We need to replace the saying: "A picture is worth a thousand words." with "A couple of pictures will make a thousand trolls cry in a lot of words."

Originally posted by greyed-out

The graphics look like a cross between Rift and LoTRO to me.  Not bad; not great.  IMO its a bit too cartoony and needs to be polished up on the realism side a bit more.

well since the gameplay is excalty like rift/ wow then i think the grpahics suit it. Obviously you could save yourself some tiem by jsut playing those mentioned 2 games since they will undoubtedly play exactly the same as this. If its the lore and world of TES oyur after i still say stay away from this, they have taken so many liberties with the lore presented in the original TES games its a complete abortion. Case in point the 3 factions, just look at the races in them and who they are allied with its retarded.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

ugh, not my style at all. Reminds me EQ2 a bit, blech

I'm no graphics junkie as I prefer games like Ac1 and UO, but I can not stand the look that some of these games go for with the overly plastic look of the models...

I'll take the raw look of AC1 and Istaria anyday over this.

Huge ES fan though, and will keep checking out their SP games if they keep making them.

Originally posted by deathshroud

Originally posted by greyed-out

well since the gameplay is excalty like rift/ wow then i think the grpahics suit it. Obviously you could save yourself some tiem by jsut playing those mentioned 2 games since they will undoubtedly play exactly the same as this. If its the lore and world of TES oyur after i still say stay away from this, they have taken so many liberties with the lore presented in the original TES games its a complete abortion. Case in point the 3 factions, just look at the races in them and who they are allied with its retarded.

Actually, as a traditional MMO, it looks like it will probably be one of the better games out there.  Soft-Trinity combat system, hubless quest design, public quests/events, non-instanced as well as instanced dungeons, raids, and 3faction PvP (although it being race-locked sucks) all work to its credit, IMO.

The problem for us is that the traditional DIKU/WoW model is not even a little bit applicable to the Elder Scrolls IP.  Should have been so much more.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Looks ok to me.. How it plays is what really matters though.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

I wouldn't say the graphics or art style are disastrous for a game that has some time still. Plz no shiny plastic faces.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by Eir_S

Yeah, TES has made a certain style for itself over the years, which this game doesn't even remotely resemble.  It looks like polished shit.

That doesnt suprise me in the least. 

I had said weeks ago when people started talking about it that mmos are often dubbed down compared to other games.  Not that I have anything at all against mmos, because I dont.  But when its just a fact. 

Did I expect an Elder Scrolls mmo to look as good as Skyrim?  In what realm of the imagination was that going to happen?  And graphics are going to be only the half of it.  The game wont probably play quite like Elder Scrolls traditionally has either.  And there will be thousand other differences. 

This is why I've always been against the idea entirely.  And from what Todd Howard had said, he was too.  So why in the world he would say that and then turn right around immediatly and start making an Elder mmo is beyond me.  Its really weird.  Id assume they'd be in production for awhile now.  So why would he say they had no interest in making one only a few months ago?  Weirdness.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by Roin

Kind of amusing reading all these QQ post from arm-chair developers.  That have never worked on a game let alone a MMO.  Yet seem to think just because they played a game, they know oh so much about how one should operate.

I cant build a car or an engine, but I have driven enough of them to know a well made one and a POS!

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• EightBitNinjaEightBitNinja Member UncommonPosts: 34

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, since I didn't bother reading all of the posts, but these screenshots were not leaked.  They were the same screenshots in the newest game informer that I just recieved.

• Lethal920Lethal920 Member Posts: 112

Looking good.

Originally posted by Corehaven

Yeah, TES has made a certain style for itself over the years, which this game doesn't even remotely resemble.  It looks like polished shit.

I had said weeks ago when people started talking about it that mmos are often dubbed down compared to other games.  Not that I have anything at all against mmos, because I dont.  But when its just a fact. 

Did I expect an Elder Scrolls mmo to look as good as Skyrim?  In what realm of the imagination was that going to happen?  And graphics are going to be only the half of it.  The game wont probably play quite like Elder Scrolls traditionally has either.  And there will be thousand other differences. 

This is why I've always been against the idea entirely.  And from what Todd Howard had said, he was too.  So why in the world he would say that and then turn right around immediatly and start making an Elder mmo is beyond me.  Its really weird.  Id assume they'd be in production for awhile now.  So why would he say they had no interest in making one only a few months ago?  Weirdness.

Of course people expect MMORPGS to have worse graphics than a singleplayer game, But a completely different art style? thats something else.

• ValencianWinValencianWin Member Posts: 8

Graphics don't make the game, dude.

Originally posted by Corehaven

I still believe Todd Howard wants nothing to do with MMOs.  Todd is only the head of Bethesda Softworks.  Altman is the current chairman and ceo of Zenimax.  Consider also the recent 150 million infusion of private investment funds and a diverse board of directors, and its unlikely that the MMO directive originated with Todd, but from Altman and the board.

Unfortunately, Bethesda Softworks is the bread and butter of Zenimax.  ID hasn't produced anything of relevance for a decade.  Starbreeze has some potential, but Arkane is very minor.  Any financial hardships experienced by Zenimax over this MMO will likely hit Bethesda, and the single player RPGs, the hardest.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by Chickenfries

Just me, or does Bethesda make horrible character models?  The first mod i always add is a face / texture mod.  Personally I think (mainly hoping) this is all just a big marketing ploy since everything is from a "leaked source".  Its almost as if the articals that were written by the devs are poking fun at the modern MMO's. 

It would be nice if they were trolling us for once , keep in mind once I get my new Game Informer I will be scanning the coverage onto this site unless MMORPG.com staff beats me first.

• UronksurUronksur Member UncommonPosts: 310

Originally posted by Mephster

WTH is ths crappy cartoony nonsense is this ? God this is so disappointing. It is over before it even started I think...

Link: http://www.incgamers.com/News/31243/elder-scrolls-online-looks-very-mmo-ish-first-screens-leaked

I admit I clicked into this thread planning on lambasting you or something, but God that is awful. Part of my soul just died or something.