Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RESOLVED] SIGNUP AND PLAY NOW...

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Originally posted by Lucrecia

Originally posted by stragen001

Anyone that is concerned about this should contact the site admin who deals with advertising. Send him a PM

http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/Admin

Sent them a letter. Thank you Stragen.

Same here. It's gonna be a fun Saturday night for whoever has to read all of these.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Originally posted by bartoni33

Anyone that is concerned about this should contact the site admin who deals with advertising. Send him a PM

Same here. It's gonna be a fun Saturday night for whoever has to read all of these.

LOL right?!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Just figured i'd check the link to see what all the fuss was about, only to find a huge bright yellow banner that reads Pre-purchase GW2 now in bold type, which was the only clickable link shown hugely twice on the page to buy the game. After that I can't say it's all that big a deal.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Oh absolutely,  three whole letters regarding an extremely trivial issue, I'm sure they'll be up all night over it.

/facepalm

Originally posted by Distopia

Just figured i'd check the link to see what all the fuss was about, only to find a huge bright yellow banner that reads Pre-purchase GW2 now in bold type, which was the only clickable link shown hugely twice on the page to buy the game. After that I can't say it's all that big a deal.

The "fuss" is that the button says "signup and PLAY NOW". You cannot PLAY NOW. That is misleading.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Very top of that page reads

"Pre-Purchase Now, You will immediately receive your Guild Wars 2 activation key"

Alone, that could be translated more ambigiously BUT the fact the lead-in link has "PLAY NOW" it is not so easily dismissed.

The "fuss" is that the button says "signup and PLAY NOW". You cannot PLAY NOW. That is misleading.

Only until you get to the site, then it's perfectly clear, only the literal blind could miss you're not buying the game to play now.

" You will immediately receive your Guild Wars 2 activation key"

Alone, that could be translated more ambigiously BUT the fact the lead-in link has "PLAY NOW" it is not so easily dismissed.

DId you think that pre-purchasing will allow you to play now?

Originally posted by Kost

Oh absolutely,  three whole letters regarding an extremely trivial issue, I'm sure they'll be up all night over it.

/facepalm

But you don't know what I wrote. Or what the other two (at least) wrote. Myself I'm still composing mine on the fly using legal precedents and case laws to back myself up. Fun reading to be sure!

" You will immediately receive your Guild Wars 2 activation key"

No.  But I didn't get my pre-purchase through a misleading link either.

But you don't know what I wrote. Or what the other two (at least) wrote. Myself I'm still composing mine on the fly using legal precedents and case laws to back myself up. Fun reading to be sure!

I don't need to know the content of letter to know that the issue it is pressing at is a trivial one at best.

Legal precedents and case laws? Come on man, talk about trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Only until you get to the site, then it's perfectly clear, only the literal blind could miss you're not buying the game to play now.

You have obviously not been outside your home have you? Or watched any "reality" TV? Or talked to the public in general? I GUARANTEE someone WILL think they can play as soon as they buy it. Stupid and gullible people need protection too.

I don't need to know the content of letter to know that the issue it is pressing at is a trivial one at best.

Legal precedents and case laws? Come on man, talk about trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Go back to your corner. ;D

Yes...it's not the end of the world cataclysmic...it is just an issue that some CAN fall for...or it can simp[ly cause problems with people "exploiting" the mistake and making it into a big deal.

No. 

ANd what makes you think anyone else is going to think in such a way?

You have obviously not been outside your home have you? Or watched any "reality" TV? Or talked to the public in general? I GUARANTEE someone WILL think they can play as soon as they buy it. Stupid and gullible people need protection too.

Right.  The niave should not be exploited....then again, in this world I suppose that's a niave sentiment. Ah well.

No. 

And why did you misquote me by ommiting an integral part of my response?

As I said...No.  But then again I did not get my pre-purchase through a misleading link.  Now stop it please.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

No. 

Aww c'mon Kost! I was obviously being facetious about the letter.

Or was I?image

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

Right.  The niave should not be exploited....then again, in this world I suppose that's a niave sentiment. Ah well.

Exploiting the naive is what most of marketing is about.

I like this game, but I'll freely admit the button is worded in a misleading way. And even if it is explained clearly on the following pages, it's not clear there. No promises people will read beyond the button.

Did you look at the site? It states bold and clearly with big bright yellow outline Pre-purchase. Every where you can buy the game says you'll receive your activation key, so if that's the issue, well I guess they're all guilty.

Nope I never leave my house image

Go back to your corner. ;D

Yes...it's not the end of the world cataclysmic...it is just an issue that some CAN fall for...or it can simp[ly cause problems with people "exploiting" the mistake and making it into a big deal.

Go back to my corner?

If you're implying that I'm trolling you might want to get your troll-o-meter checked. It's not giving you an accurate reading. I have every right to weigh in with my opinion on this subject as anyone else and I haven't been offensive or disrespectful in my methods of doing just that.

That having been said...

It's the most minor of issues, and it would require someone to pay little to no attention to what they were doing in order to have them "fall for it".

Originally posted by terrant

Exploiting the naive is what most of marketing is about.

I like this game, but I'll freely admit the button is worded in a misleading way. And even if it is explained clearly on the following pages, it's not clear there. No promises people will read beyond the button.

YOu clearly didn't, it doesn't seem that any of you have. Otherwise you'd know you can't miss where it says pre-purchase.

*SNIP*

Did you look at the site? It states bold and clearly with big bright yellow outline Pre-purchase. Every where you can buy the game says you'll receive your activation key, so if that's the issue, well I guess they're all guilty.

Yeah...I saw that button on Amazon.com and Gamespot....darn...they're all crooks! 

Go back to my corner?

If you're implying that I'm trolling you might want to get your troll-o-meter checked. It's not giving you an accurate reading. I have every right to weigh in with my opinion on this subject as anyone else and I haven't been offensive or disrespectful in my methods of doing just that.

That having been said...

It's the most minor of issues, and it would require someone to pay little to no attention to what they were doing in order to have them "fall for it".

Isn't that the only place you found tranquility?  Don't forget your book.

.....Your quote...in Latin....nevermind... -_-

uild Wars 2 Deluxe Digital US

About the game

© 2012 NCSOFTUS All rights reserved.

© Copyright 2012 and published by NCSOFTUS.

2012 Developed by ArenaNet

Pre-Purchase Guild Wars 2 Deluxe Digital US

Exclusives bonus, legal download, fast and secure  

About Guild Wars 2

Publisher : NCSOFTUS

Studio : ArenaNet

Release Date : 2012-04-10

Files size : 0 Mo

Recommandations :

Becomes a DLgamer Partner

Above was taken directly from site. Notice what the red part says?

Now does everyone see the problem with this? Again MOST people know that this game is not out yet but SOME people don't follow these thing as closely as we do. Therefore they will be the ones that get burnt on this.