Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[RESOLVED] SIGNUP AND PLAY NOW...

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Originally posted by Lucrecia

Originally posted by Velocinox

Just a suggestion to help you pass the time. No need to send hi-res pictures of jackie chan trying to understand english to me.

Jackie Chan pic was relevant.  I'm not sure you are expressing to me what you mean to express or I'm understanding you completely clear and what you said was offensive to me for being a female?!  So girl forum posters are out for attention and when a male posts he is delivering a legitimate concern?

You did use the Picard one twice in pretty quick succession.  As to the post above. . not sure what that meant either.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

Pick a game and twitch it. You have the right chromosome combination to make it a success and it will kill time and get you plenty of attention.

Pick a game and twitch it...

-Not sure what you mean here....Sounds like you are suggestibg I pick a game and devote time towards talking about it in some fashion?

...You have the right chromosome combination...

-Yeah..?  So you're saying here I'm female and for some reason it's the right gender?

...to make it a success and it will kill time and get you plenty of attention.

-So since I am the right gender any contribution I make is a game discussion will be a success and stroke my attention whoredom that I have an innate affection towards being since I am female....

If I am wrong and misdiagnosed your words, I apologize, but that is how I read it.

Tis true...I did do a Picard facepalm several HOURS ago...but it NEEDED doing, I swear!! XD

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Pick a game and twitch it. You have the right chromosome combination to make it a success and it will kill time and get you plenty of attention.

-Not sure what you mean here....Sounds like you are suggestibg I pick a game and devote time towards talking about it in some fashion?

-Yeah..?  So you're saying here I'm female and for some reason it's the right gender?

-So since I am the right gender any contribution I make is a game discussion will be a success and stroke my attention whoredom that I have an innate affection towards being since I am female....

If I am wrong and misdiagnosed your words, I apologize, but that is how I read it.

He is saying, to pass the time till GW2, you could play a game and make commentary on it. Because you are female, you will tend to get more attention. This might be a fun thing to do till GW2 comes out.

Anyways, back on topic.

Hope a Mod sees this issue and starts the process of getting it fixed.

Originally posted by colddog04

He is saying, to pass the time till GW2, you could play a game and make commentary on it. Because you are female, you will tend to get more attention. This might be a fun thing to do till GW2 comes out.

...and if you are correct on your assessment, it is offensive.

Anyways, back on topic.

Hope a Mod sees this issue and starts the process of getting it fixed.

I hope they fix it too. It's misleading and should be changed to something more appropriate.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405

u are overthinking stuff, arent ya? xD

I'm trying to find the proper channel to contact MMORPG.com asap about it...anyone see it? 

I guess that depends if you agree with the idea that women tend to get more attention on the internet.

I agree with that. But I suppose some might see it differently.

Originally posted by SoulOfRaziel

u are overthinking stuff, arent ya? xD

Not really.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Been there for over month now, people are just now taking notice? Looks to me like the site owners of that webstore just don't have enough link images to cover pay now receive later (or prepurchase now).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Guess http://www.mmorpg.com/contactus.cfm is it then.  Writing them about this.  I hope anyone who agrees that this is an issue can do the same.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Hmmmmmm

Not happy to see the return of the false advertising button.

People were complaining about this before

We even got a reply from Admin saying:

Originally posted by Admin

I shut this link off for now.  I was not aware the pricing was any different from the normal pricing - and I don't see why.

The reason the button said what it did is that is a automatic part of our game list - if we enter a "pay link" the button says that - which fits for all other programs we have because they are with released games.

If the company providing the downloads get get the price back to the same as the main GW2 price we will turn this back on with a proper button.

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the confusion this caused.

I also PM'ed admin who deals with advertising on the site. Not sure if I am allowed to copy/paste PMs from the admins, so I wont, but when he replied, the gist of it was that they were going to get a "pre order" button made.

Guess that never happened....

Im gonna PM him again....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by Distopia

Been there for over month now, people are just now taking notice? Looks to me like the site owners of that webstore just don't have enough link images to cover pay now receive later (or prepurchase now).

I honestly did not see it.  Perhaps No Script has been blocking it and I might have accidentally allowed it today.

Originally posted by stragen001

Hmmmmmm

Not happy to see the return of the false advertising button.

People were complaining about this before

We even got a reply from Admin saying:

Originally posted by Admin

I shut this link off for now.  I was not aware the pricing was any different from the normal pricing - and I don't see why.

The reason the button said what it did is that is a automatic part of our game list - if we enter a "pay link" the button says that - which fits for all other programs we have because they are with released games.

If the company providing the downloads get get the price back to the same as the main GW2 price we will turn this back on with a proper button.

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the confusion this caused.

I also PM'ed admin who deals with advertising on the site. Not sure if I am allowed to copy/paste PMs from the admins, so I wont, but when he replied, the gist of it was that they were going to get a "pre order" button made.

Guess that never happened....

Ahhhh...well sound slike MMORPG.com was at least in the past open towards fixing it.  Maybe they did make a new button but accidentally used the URL for the old button. XD

Bah right  the topic. . That button is misleading.  I didn't notice it because I have become used to flitering out advertising on sites - but that doesn't mean it is okay.

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517

lol, how do I upvote a topic?  ...b/c this one is quite teh lulz

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Been there for over month now, people are just now taking notice? Looks to me like the site owners of that webstore just don't have enough link images to cover pay now receive later (or pre purchase now).

I honestly did not see it.  Perhaps No Script has been blocking it and I might have accidentally allowed it today.

It was gone for a while i saw re appear today but can also be i changed from firefox to waterfox64bit dunno?

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Anyone that is concerned about this should contact the site admin who deals with advertising. Send him a PM

http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/Admin

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

Originally posted by stragen001

Anyone that is concerned about this should contact the site admin who deals with advertising. Send him a PM

http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm/username/Admin

Sent them a letter. Thank you Stragen.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Today is the first time I've seen it. At least on the General discussion forum. I've been mostly on the Beta discussion forum though.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

Pretty sure he's right.  Whether or not you take offense to it is your perogative.  Not that I really care one way or another, but why not jump into the middle of an internet conversation that has nothing to do with me?  Right?

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Wow, I totally never noticed that button until OP pointed it out, lol...

I checked other MMO forums, none of them had it either. I didn't go through all of them, just a handful, but I checked some of the newer more popular MMOs as well. I don't know what's up with that button or the reason for it. It is definitely misleading.

On another note, though, it looks like that 3rd party site you're sent to, DLGamer, is an official NCSoft US retailer (odd because it looks like they're based in EU). I did a google on them and didn't find anything to suggest they were other than legit. Still, that button should really suggest that it leads to a retailer or a list of them (why that one in particular?) rather than as it is now, suggest people can log in and play. It would help avoid confusion.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Originally posted by killion81

Pretty sure he's right.  Whether or not you take offense to it is your perogative.  Not that I really care one way or another, but why not jump into the middle of an internet conversation that has nothing to do with me?  Right?

The offese is not likely to come from the fact that it is/is not  should / should not be correct but that someone suggested to someone else that they should do something and that they as an individual might be more successful do to that fact etc.  Anyway. . soo far off topic.