Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THE BEST MMORPG EVER....... THAT I DESIGNED

mcoolmcool london, KYMember Posts: 122

i'am appalled at the standards of mmo's these days, boring monotonous and repetitve. i have take the time and effort to create my own, i have developers , GDD etc.  so please to my game plan

my mmo is a 3d mafia style mmorpg, players sell drugs, contract killing, robbery(banks,musuems, houses), scams , create gangs - turf wars etc

this take place over three ctites, 

the unique feature about this is that the missions are dynamic, no scripted missions whatsoever. when you start you decide if you want to be in a gang or go solo, each gang has their own profession (robbery,drug selling, contract killing etc.. 

as you level up , you gain contacts- who can give drugs, weapons from the black market, vehicles etc, you also gin friends who can help you on mission and enimies who will attack you when you do missions.

this is the first emergent narrative mmo that i have seen. you are the story. we have designed thngs in the game to make sure you feel immersed. your allies can get kidknapped and you will have to save them, you can blackmail your enimies into giving you info or weapons, detectives will be watching your every move.. its a great game which i will soon release.

so please tell me what you think

Comments

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Huntsville, ALMember Posts: 1,365 Uncommon

will we be able to sit in chairs?

• lakokalakoka Valleyfield, QCMember Posts: 97 Uncommon

But I just want Ultima Online 2

• mcoolmcool london, KYMember Posts: 122

LOOL, am serious abotut the game, it cost me a fortune to produce since am not backed by any major publisher, soon to be released.

your question makes no sense

Originally posted by mcool

LOOL, am serious abotut the game, it cost me a fortune to produce since am not backed by any major publisher, soon to be released.

its actually a big issue among us RPers.

we like to sit in chairs.

• DeolusDeolus DoncasterMember Posts: 392

Vaporware!

Videos or it didn't happen :)

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

what do you mean by sit in chairs?

• dronfwardronfwar Shitty, DEMember Posts: 316

can you show some screenshots?

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon NO, CAMember Posts: 156

if you can make it like GT4 but with better graphics and also have the freedom of saints roll and then have a community and have them claim a territory and also have the freedom to explore the world not only 1 city but allot and have expansions of city's and then also have the latest on weapons cars airplanes cloths and a game engine that you can destroy buildings like in battlefield 3 you will have a awsome game.  Everything has to be new so people or players can connect to the world like in the real world so you will need to put some of Skyrim Ideas on that also the best one will be Elder Scrolls Oblivion Or Skyrim.

• SomsbalSomsbal somsbalMember Posts: 222

He means, can you sit in chairs?

if my character goes to a bar for instance.  will he forced to stand around talking to the other patrons or might he have a seat in a chair.

this was a big complaint i had with some newer games.  I could go to the bar, taver, or cantina.. but could not sit in the chairs.

Originally posted by chelao

if you can make it like GT4 but with better graphics and also have the freedom of saints roll and then have a community and have them claim a territory and also have the freedom to explore the world not only 1 city but allot and have expansions of city's and then also have the latest on weapons cars airplanes cloths and a game engine that you can destroy buildings like in battlefield 3 you will have a awsome game.  Everything has to be new so people or players can connect to the world like in the real world so you will need to put some of Skyrim Ideas on that also the best one will be Elder Scrolls Oblivion Or Skyrim.

the graphics are sublime for an mmo. it resembles just cause 3, you can also switch in and out of firstperson to third person ,

but.... the graphics can be gta 4 quality since its a free to play game and people dont have a good graphics card to run the game.. 

there will be territory control and some buildings can be destroyed .. the problem is that since i want a lot of players on one server there has to be rules in place so its not hectic or causes a lot of mayhem...weapons are also city specific. so in one city you can get a specific gun but in another you cant. , this will causes players to move around..

we will be actively working with our subscribers so there will be new content always, however many rpgers moan a lot  so we will always have the last word on any new project 

• anemoanemo Member Posts: 1,004 Uncommon

Sounds super easy just get a database, some server code, then take a free graphical engine, and then you can write all the story you want.    I estimate this would take a mere 2 months, which is the perfect amount of time that it will take for you to get bored and have another bestest idea ever.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

I have 1 more Idea that will make a big impact in your game

ther is something in common from this games

Guild wars 1

Mechwarrior Mercenaries 4

Forza Motorsport 4

the similarity is that you have the feedome to put guns, tune your cars, and also make your own unique skills for tanking shooting racing etc and this is why people like me play them skyrim is in a way similar on the world of Elder Scrolls and another exaple Zelda Ocarina Of time.  so ther you go want people to buy your game do that and you will have publishers flock to publish you game this came from a guy that loves videos games since 1986 =)

Originally posted by Deolus

Vaporware!

Videos or it didn't happen :)

nope not yet. were still testing.. 

this isnt the first game i produced, i had another , but it went terribly wrong and we had a ton of fans asking for the game, it was embarassing when i told them i wasnt getting released . and i lost a lot of fans in the process

when the website is out , i will come t mmorpg first to tell you, till then ou haveto wait.. sorry..

if my character goes to a bar for instance.  will he forced to stand around talking to the other patrons or might he have a seat in a chair.

this was a big complaint i had with some newer games.  I could go to the bar, taver, or cantina.. but could not sit in the chairs.

that isnt mandatory  while it is a mmorpg, sitting on chairs is something we shouldnt consider, rather we might have social areas where you can communicate with your friends etc.. where you will be able to sit on a chair :)))

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Stow, OHMember Posts: 1,214

Is it based in Chicago or N.Y.? Can gangs take over territories from rival gangs?

I have 1 more Idea that will make a big impact in your game

ther is something in common from this games
    Guild wars 1
    Mechwarrior Mercenaries 4
    Forza Motorsport 4

the similarity is that you have the feedome to put guns, tune your cars, and also make your own unique skills for tanking shooting racing etc and this is why people like me play them skyrim is in a way similar on the world of Elder Scrolls and another exaple Zelda Ocarina Of time.  so ther you go want people to buy your game do that and you will have publishers flock to publish you game this came from a guy that loves videos games since 1986 =)

definetely, you can hve specs on your guns and vehicles.. this isnt a single player game , were thinking of the long term  aspect of it , so you can change the scope on your sniper, the bullet speed on a machine gun, 

dont want to give too much away but you can definetely customize your guns and vehicles.. 

this game will be self published since i want retain ownership of the game.. 

one of the biggest reason people dont know about other games isbecouse people dont know about them so I will start making baby steps and let people know who you are as a developer a good example is Elder Scrolls Skyrim nobody knew about them and now almost all RPG fans know about Elder Scrolls and always make sure you put everything you have into the game and dont hold back like example EA they started with Madden NFL and now everytime they release a new game of Madden NFL is only a small improvement and EA just eats the Money and is no Fun For Us The Players That Play Games. Make them play your game not by killing the competition like EA but by making it fun for player to afford to play your game and have fun with a real big community like Maple Free to Play MMO and always making the game fun not for money.

• tallguytallguy Kanata, ONMember Posts: 13

Have you considered doing a kickstarter campaign?

Quite a few games have gotten financing this way.

check it out here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/discover/categories/games?ref=home_spotlight

one of the biggest reason people dont know about other games isbecouse people dont know about them 

i could not agree more, i often think this to myself as well, that one of the biggest reasons people dont know about other games is because people don't know about them.

I dunno about that stuff but make it memorable so people will remember and tell about it and it will spread like fire. then the money will come mad mad money :)

• OldsaltOldsalt Monett, MOMember Posts: 41

GTA the MMORPG? Guns,money, and lawyers.

The sooner you fall behind the more time you have to catch up.

LOVING THE SUPPORT GUYS , definetely coming here when i realease the game

players will be able to take over turf gang but it will be limited, since i dont want a single gang to take control of the whole city.. were still looking into that.. gangs will have bases so,when you want to take over a area  you just go to there base.. there will be a limited amount of times you can attack a base , so you dont go spamming the area

there are three cities, a tokyo,new york and a african jungle much like far cry 3.. there wont be called tokyo or new york, they have their own names..

its actually quite interesting, every city is different from each other, not based on the aesthetics but on the gameplay itself.. for example, new york style city has a standard feel to it.. it typical gang warfare, then the main city  has complete control over everything from guns to drugs,,, so you work your way up. standard gun-play as well

however the tokyo style city is much more technological , and they are very strict, so it requires a lot of stealth play, the afican jungle is more run and gun and the government is has a lot of weapons on them

i dont need kickstarter, plus many projects get rejected.. i have almost finished the game.. its only the marketing that am worried about .. quite expensinve

yeah, i just have to make sure everything runs smooth, adding a dynamic missions is harder than you think,