Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Join the Elder Scrolls Online Betrayal Campaign!

Comments

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by DSWBeef

Actually i am currently designing an mmo with a couple friends of mine. Its hard work but its worth it.

Great, then you better not point fingers before you release a successful title because without one, you have no ground to lecture others how to make their business.

And you have no ground to lecture me on how i percieve this game. Ever heard the saying, a Opinion is always right? Its my OPINION that this game doesnt do the TES franchise justice. That OPINION seems right to me.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Originally posted by Istavaan

elders scrolls is successful for what it is..if its not broken why fix it or in this case change it. i don't buy the limitations excuse, if we always put limitations on ourselves human beings would still be living in trees

Quoted For Truth. I mean if AA can pull of player housing, guild housing, uninstanced world, and many more features. And it has been working in 4 betas now then why cant they? Laziness or are they just oblivious.

Eh, pointing fingers now? How about you two stand your own words and make TES MMO yourself?

You are not? Are you lazy or oblivious then?

Actually i am currently designing an mmo with a couple friends of mine. Its hard work but its worth it.

Awesome.  Let me know when you're done so I can start a facebook campaign boycotting your MMO because it didn't have everything I want in it.

Originally posted by RebelScum99

elders scrolls is successful for what it is..if its not broken why fix it or in this case change it. i don't buy the limitations excuse, if we always put limitations on ourselves human beings would still be living in trees

Quoted For Truth. I mean if AA can pull of player housing, guild housing, uninstanced world, and many more features. And it has been working in 4 betas now then why cant they? Laziness or are they just oblivious.

Eh, pointing fingers now? How about you two stand your own words and make TES MMO yourself?

Awesome.  Let me know when you're done so I can start a facebook campaign boycotting your MMO because it didn't have everything I want in it.

Will do.

• PerlmuxxedPerlmuxxed Member UncommonPosts: 8

First I was like "eh why not... Could be cool" then I saw that screenshot and hero engine... It's doomed.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Just read a nice Kotaku article on TESO. My favorite line was. "People always wonder why no MMO has ever beaten World of Warcraft. It's because the people who want to play World of Warcraft...already play World of Warcraft, and don't need to play something built using the same system. This franchise, like Star Wars: Old Republic before it, was a great chance to try something new, something that can capture the imaginations of the hundreds of millions of people who don't play WoW, not the ten million who do. To hear it won't be, as a massive fan of the Elder Scrolls series, is disappointing."

For God sake now you are coming off as trollish. please show me how TESO is a WOW clone? atleast back up your statement if you want to stick to it in every post. TESO gameplay resembles TES and not WOW. If anything it resembles GW2 with its quetless and non linear open world game design. 

I just quoted an article. Why do you put words in my mouth. That quote pertains to all mmos since wow not just TES.

You edited your OP which clearly mentioned that TESO is a WOW clone and since you are supporting Kotaku article do i really even need to guess here where you stand on subject of whether TESO is a WOW clone or not?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

And you have no ground to lecture me on how i percieve this game. Ever heard the saying, a Opinion is always right? Its my OPINION that this game doesnt do the TES franchise justice. That OPINION seems right to me.

Where do I lecture you? I am just pointing out factual flaws, errors and misconceptions presented in your opinions.

Ever heard saying, Opinion is not always right?

Whatever seems right to you does not mean it is right.

LEt me clear some things up. I do not believe this game will be a wow clone (edited my OP). I believe that it shouldnt be branded a TES game. Its in my PERSONAL Opinion that this game is a cash grab. Hero engine, Classes, Race/faction lock, no player housing, SOME instances. Its just not a TES game. You see TES is a franchise, when you make a game with that name people come to expect certain things of that game. Open world, housing, no instances. Hell they could call it Tamriel Online and i would be less jaded. There is a difference between an IP (Tamriel) and a Franchise (TES). Keep TES Singleplayer. And make the MMO a new FRANCHISE based on that IP.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Why is this group not searchable? is it public? or is it purposely being hidden?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Im sure it will be a great standard themepark mmo. But dont call it an Elder Scrolls game.

Why not? It takes place in TES world, it would make little sense not to use the name of the franchise.

And why should they base it on different IP? Because the IP use does not fit your taste?

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Hahaha...best reply ever. 

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

there is a huge difference between

not having everything I want in an MMO

and

removing the PILLAR features that made an IP what it is. Some of the removed features we are talking about are the foundation of TES games. If I am not mistaken TES is the FOUNDER of skill based games.

And all this bit about 'features will not work in an MMO' is hysterical! most of the features they are saying will not work are in many MMOs now and some of them are done EXACTLY as the TES fans would like (aka Darkfall).

So why not just play those other games? well likely that is exactly what we will do

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Where do I lecture you? I am just pointing out factual flaws, errors and misconceptions presented in your opinions.

Ever heard saying, Opinion is not always right?

Whatever seems right to you does not mean it is right.

But its right to me. Just like a religion. See a religion is like one big opinion. I believe there is a god and heaven (Its right to me) to others it is wrong. Thats how an opinion can never be wrong.

Originally posted by Mellkor

Why is this group not searchable? is it public? or is it purposely being hidden?

Hmm lemme see bout that, Thought i made it public.

Its just not a TES game.

Zenimax never said this is a "TES" game, it is only based on TES lore - franchise.

Sorry to tell you but game developers are not liable for your expectations. That is solely your personal problem.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by DSWBeefIts just not a TES game.

Zenimax never said this is a "TES" game, it is only based on TES lore - franchise.

Sorry to tell you but game developers are not liable for your expectations. That is solely your personal problem.

lol. how can you say that with a straight face.

Its marketed as "the elder scrolls online"

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Mellkor

Google searching and FB searching it works for me.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

You are using a Kotaku article as ammo for this?  Kotaku is not necessarily known for their journalistic integrity.  Maybe wait a bit to get some more info about the game before going on a Faceook crusade.

• ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899

Originally posted by waveslayer

I havnt seen enough info to join something like this, I personally do not mind theme park games, The ES games do have towns where you get quests after all. As long as they dont put a big symbol over the NPCs heads I am ok with it.

What do you people want them to make? An elder scrolls FPS? a side scolling platform? ahh maybe an elder scrolls racing game...I want a game that is as close to the elder scrolls games I have allready played translated into an online world, as close as they can possibly get it, I know that it wont be possible to make it just like the single player games , but hopefully they will get it close.

If they made a game that was drastically different, it would not be an Elder Scrolls game.

I agree with your points but my opinion is that since the Elder Scrolls games would not transfer well into a MMO, my opinion, then they should continue making single player games, or try co-op.  The fps, player mods, vampirism and lycanthropy parts of the game will not transfer for example.  my opinion.

Currently bored with MMO's.

Originally posted by Worstluck

You are using a Kotaku article as ammo for this?  Kotaku is not necessarily known for their journalistic integrity.  Maybe wait a bit to get some more info about the game before going on a Faceook crusade.

I admit its a bit premature. But i just want zenimax to see that some people really really dont like what thay have seen so far. My whole opinion may change in the coming months. We shall see.

Originally posted by Mellkorlol. how can you say that with a straight face.Its marketed as "the elder scrolls online"

If it was marketed as TES sequel, you could make a point, however it is not.

It is only people projecting their desires into a game and rage when their delusions are lifted.

Unreasonable and premature expectations.

But its right to me. Just like a religion. See a religion is like one big opinion. I believe there is a god and heaven (Its right to me) to others it is wrong. Thats how an opinion can never be wrong.

You apparently do not understand the saying.

The "saying" bears an irony in fact that opinions do not bear value of true because they cannot be either proved or disproved.

Opinions cannot be right as they cannot be proven.

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

I really believe that people have a right to be upset and pissed off. How many more well known and hugely popular IP's must be ruined because of changes being made to the elements that made them so liked from the beginning. This title will be 100% different from what made people love about it. The problem is, it's taking elements of GW2, TOR and DAOC and not implementing any of it's own elements and still calling it TES, when in fact it's really gonna be something totally different. People are stupid buying into this crap over and over. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I learned from TOR, that just having the SW logo on it, doesn't make it good. These dev companies slap a IP sticker on the box and expect the public to eat it up. If you do, you're an idiot.

• BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97

I agree with your points but my opinion is that since the Elder Scrolls games would not transfer well into a MMO, my opinion, then they should continue making single player games, or try co-op.  The fps, player mods, vampirism and lycanthropy parts of the game will not transfer for example.  my opinion.

Bethesda are going to continue making single player games, Pete Hines has confirmed (on twitter) that the online game made by Zenimax will have no affect on the offline games made by Bethesda. But god forbid MMO fans get a chance at something as well, after all, they have just burned and salted the whole world!:P

Originally posted by musicmann

I really believe that people have a right to be upset and pissed off. How many more well known and hugely popular IP's must be ruined because of changes being made to the elements that made them so liked from the beginning. This title will be 100% different from what made people love about it. The problem is, it's taking elements of GW2, TOR and DAOC and not implementing any of it's own elements and still calling it TES, when in fact it's really gonna be something totally different. People are stupid buying into this crap over and over. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I learned from TOR, that just having the SW logo on it, doesn't make it good. These dev companies slap a IP sticker on the box and expect the public to eat it up. If you do, you're an idiot.

Ive seen to many IPs ruined by going Mainstream. The Old Republic, Call of Duty,  Dragon Age.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by Boraell

Bethesda are going to continue making single player games, Pete Hines has confirmed (on twitter) that the online game made by Zenimax will have no affect on the offline games made by Bethesda. But god forbid MMO fans get a chance at something as well, after all, they have just burned and salted the whole world!:P

I would love to see sales numbers of some of these games.

I wouldnt be surprised to learn a few years from now that the sales of the single player game do better than the online game and cost less to boot. Zenimax decision makers will likely see that as 'core players dont like MMO's' instead of 'our game sucks'

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me