Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Three Faction PvP WOULD be a good idea....

jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

If they didnt pull another rediculous move and make it based off Three-Races per faction!

Seriously, why nords and dunmer on the same side? Why cant I personally chose which race sides with who?And yes, I know there will be some Lore reason for this in game, but thats exactly my point, THERE SHOULDNT BE!

Why limit people to only playing three races per faction? It just doesnt make any sense im sorry. Its just another reason why I cant even bring myself to accept this game as an Elder Scrolls game. To me this is as much as ES game as Vanguard, in the sense that it has orcs and a cat race, theres just nothing in this game that sits right with me, and the games only been announced for one day!

Do any other ES fans see what im talking about though? There has always been cross race hatred, bigotry, etc but it never forced khajits to side with argonians or nords with dunmers, factions should just be open for anyone to join the cause not split into some wierd alliances like its WoW. And yes i know WoW has two factions, i get that, im saying its the fact that there HAS to be defined races for each that really gets me.

Comments

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005

Because this was a game started befor ethey aquired the IP and they are fitting it into the genre. Like old republic, this is apparently before the single player games.  (this helps them rewrite and avoid the canon)

• EvenhopeEvenhope Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I couldnt agree more. It's absolutely horrible and it makes absolutely no sense. None of the news about this game makes any sense.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

What you're saying is you want choice for the sake of choice, sure more choice is always better. I do think it's safe to say if these little things bother you that much, it's not the game for you. I personally view games on a case by case basis, regardless of the IP, so these thing matter little in the end to me, it's how it all comes together that is most important. I don't ask myself how does this compare to an TES game, I ask how will this be as an MMO.

No quest hubs, true exploring to find quests, no strict adherence to the trinity, real world oriented three faction PVP where real alliances and enemies can be forged, twists on MMO combat (blocking) etc.. this is the stuff that is sticking out to me. The rest is simply a product of genre transition

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KwintpodKwintpod Member Posts: 262

The Ebonheart Pact: Nords, Dunmer, and Argonians from the Northern and Eastern regions.

The Aldmeri Dominion: Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajiit from the South and South West regions.

The Daggerfall Covenant: Bretons, Redguards, and Orcs from the North West regions

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by Distopia

What you're saying is you want choice for the sake of choice, sure more choice is always better. I do think it's safe to say if these little things bother you that much, it's not the game for you. I personally view games on a case by case basis, regardless of the IP, so these thing matter little in the end to me, it's how it all comes together that is most important. I don't ask myself how does this compare to an TES game, I ask how will this be as an MMO.

No quest hubs, true exploring to find quests, no strict adherence to the trinity, real world oriented three faction PVP where real alliances and enemies can be forged, twists on MMO combat (blocking) etc.. this is the stuff that is sticking out to me. The rest is simply a product of genre transition

what you are forgetting is the reason for 3 factions, its to avoid the SWTOR Dark side is better than light side problem.

When you limit race to factions, certain race is just more popular than others, and eventually when that faction wins more and more, the bigger the gap it will become. Its proven time and time again, that when you limit race to factions, certain factions will always come up on top. And destroy any form of PVP that will be available.

No Quest Hubs, exploring to find quests, trinity modification are all taken straight from GW2.

When I played TES, i choose my race, I choose which faction I represent, I was the hero of the realms that have no sides. But in TESO, now i am forced to choose a side based on race?? All that means is if you want to play with your friends, you have to make sure they choose the same side as you.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Yes, but that is because you are an MMO fan first and not an Elder Scrolls fan first.

This is an Elder Scrolls game being made for MMO fans, and not an MMO game being made for Elder Scrolls fans.

The fact of the matter is you have shown no desire in any of your posts to see things from the opposite perspective, just because you find it acceptable that they are driving an IP into the ground and doing a morally deplorable act by making the game for a minority that doesnt exsist (Save for you and virtually a handful of people), doesnt mean you can convince that its acceptable.

ITs not like I can ever "Prove" to you the game sucks from day one of hearing about it, but its not something as subjective as you make it sound in all your posts. I get what your saying, they are making the game they are and you cant change that. I GET THAT.

What I dont get is how you cant see that the game is a huge dissapoint to many people and is a huge spit in the face of a majority that wanted something vastly different. And I CAN Prove that to you because I can link hundreds and hundreds of first hand accounts from fans that want nothing to do with this game, where as you on the other hand will never be able to link as many fans that want to play the game because they dont exist (Again save for you and the few other people who want another Stock Linear themepark based game)

Originally posted by jiveturkey12

Yes, but that is because you are an MMO fan first and not an Elder Scrolls fan first.

No That's not how it is at all, I'm far more into TES games than I've ever been into any MMO.

• SlheyasSlheyas Member UncommonPosts: 83

The factions don't even make sense.

Dunmes allying with Argonians and Nords? No freaking way they've been warring against each others forever, dunmers even keep Argonian slaves for god sake!

This game is gonna take a huge dump all over the established lore.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

THE best RVR game ever made (DAOC) has 3 factions.Three factions(IMO) with out cross realming(having an ability to play more than one realm on a server) are key ingredients to a great rvr game.The leader of the project is an x DAOC founder.We should all be thankful that a decision maker actually understands the importance of the concept(and so many don't).

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

This is an Elder Scrolls game being made for MMO fans, and not an MMO game being made for Elder Scrolls fans.

The fact of the matter is you have shown no desire in any of your posts to see things from the opposite perspective, just because you find it acceptable that they are driving an IP into the ground and doing a morally deplorable act by making the game for a minority that doesnt exsist (Save for you and virtually a handful of people), doesnt mean you can convince that its acceptable.

ITs not like I can ever "Prove" to you the game sucks from day one of hearing about it, but its not something as subjective as you make it sound in all your posts. I get what your saying, they are making the game they are and you cant change that. I GET THAT.

What I dont get is how you cant see that the game is a huge dissapoint to many people and is a huge spit in the face of a majority that wanted something vastly different. And I CAN Prove that to you because I can link hundreds and hundreds of first hand accounts from fans that want nothing to do with this game, where as you on the other hand will never be able to link as many fans that want to play the game because they dont exist (Again save for you and the few other people who want another Stock Linear themepark based game)

Are they stepping on puppies? I mean, that has GOT to be worse that 3 races per faction...right?

Hundreds and hundreds? If they don't want anything to do with the game there is a REAL simple solution...don't play it...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

If they didnt pull another rediculous move and make it based off Three-Races per faction!

Seriously, why nords and dunmer on the same side? Why cant I personally chose which race sides with who?And yes, I know there will be some Lore reason for this in game, but thats exactly my point, THERE SHOULDNT BE!

Why limit people to only playing three races per faction? It just doesnt make any sense im sorry. Its just another reason why I cant even bring myself to accept this game as an Elder Scrolls game. To me this is as much as ES game as Vanguard, in the sense that it has orcs and a cat race, theres just nothing in this game that sits right with me, and the games only been announced for one day!

Do any other ES fans see what im talking about though? There has always been cross race hatred, bigotry, etc but it never forced khajits to side with argonians or nords with dunmers, factions should just be open for anyone to join the cause not split into some wierd alliances like its WoW. And yes i know WoW has two factions, i get that, im saying its the fact that there HAS to be defined races for each that really gets me.

well on the point of nords and dunmer - they both hate altmer, and neither are keen on imperials, they have allied in the past TES games, particularly against altmer.   Argonians allied to dunmer seems weird to me though, with Dunmer being slavers and what have you.

Also the game is set 1000 years before Morrowind, so who know who got on with who back then.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by dontadow

Because this was a game started befor ethey aquired the IP and they are fitting it into the genre. Like old republic, this is apparently before the single player games.  (this helps them rewrite and avoid the canon)

no it wasnt, zenimax online was formed as a studio to make this game.  They picked a good time to form a mmo studio with various Origin devs disgruntled at being ran by EA, and various Mythic devs not liking the look of an EA takeover (they look like the smart Mythic devs now)

Its been in development since before skyrim was in development.

That may explain the strange descision of having classes, when skyrim doesn't have classes (but morrowind and oblivion do)

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Originally posted by Slheyas

Dunmes allying with Argonians and Nords? No freaking way they've been warring against each others forever, dunmers even keep Argonian slaves for god sake!

This POST! Im in total agreement with you, Dren Plantation in morrowind was essentially an "Old South" plantation with Argonians working in the fields picking and digging for the Dark Elves, theres so much rascim and other serious overtones in the ES games... which is again another reason why this game will be rated T at best which makes no sense for an ES game whatsoever.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Go daggerfall

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Btw where are the Dwarfs? Is is 1000 years before TES, so shouldn't we see Dwarfs?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

First of all; they own the IP Elder Scrolls, and have pushed their weight around to protect anything similar to that moniker. Remember them attacking Mojang over just he word "Scrolls"? There is nothing for them to "reserve" about it, whatsoever.

Secondly; it takes place AFTER Skyrim, because one of the factions is the Aldmeri Dominion - who were brought into power after Oblivion and make for the main caste of villains in Skyrim itself. Common sense would state this takes place further down the line - effectively editing all future lore of the game to suit the tastes and needs of this MMO abortion.

They are losing support  of long-time TES fans by the minute, all the while hoping they can gain enough clueless MMO-goers that don't know any better to take their place. Bethesda knows their demographic, Zenimax only gives a shit about the lowest common denominator.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Btw where are the Dwarfs? Is is 1000 years before TES, so shouldn't we see Dwarfs?

Dwemer weren't actual dwarves in the traditional fantasy sense heh, they were basically elves.

Originally posted by Slheyas

This POST! Im in total agreement with you, Dren Plantation in morrowind was essentially an "Old South" plantation with Argonians working in the fields picking and digging for the Dark Elves, theres so much rascim and other serious overtones in the ES games... which is again another reason why this game will be rated T at best which makes no sense for an ES game whatsoever.

I can't agree simply because if they're using them as slaves they most likely use them as meat shields as well. That's happened a lot over the years in our own history. They've also said Todd Howard is the guy keeeping the lore in check so there you go.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

You really love to be a drama queen don't you? morally deplorable act? what are they? drug dealers and human traffickers?

• troublmakertroublmaker Member Posts: 337

Originally posted by ShakyMo

no it wasnt, zenimax online was formed as a studio to make this game.  They picked a good time to form a mmo studio with various Origin devs disgruntled at being ran by EA, and various Mythic devs not liking the look of an EA takeover (they look like the smart Mythic devs now)

That may explain the strange descision of having classes, when skyrim doesn't have classes (but morrowind and oblivion do)

I think you misunderstand the person you're replying to.

What he is saying is that work on the MMO began before they knew what the MMO would even be.  The MMO production started as early as 2007 and they were building a shell of an MMO.  The people working on it were never told whether it was going to be a Fallout MMO or an Elder Scrolls MMO.  There have been rumors of Fallout MMO basically since they started work on it just because Skyrim was in production simultaneously.

When you have two factions you split your population in halves and make it 50% harder to find a group.  When you split them in thirds it becomes 66% harder to find a group.  Having factions might sound like a great idea but once the first rush happens it just makes all of your zones look so small and unoccupied.

Instead of having servers that have no horde or no alliance you have servers with huge chunks of two factions and none of another.  It makes population balancing very very difficult.

Originally posted by troublmaker

Originally posted by ShakyMo

I think you misunderstand the person you're replying to.

What he is saying is that work on the MMO began before they knew what the MMO would even be.  The MMO production started as early as 2007 and they were building a shell of an MMO.  The people working on it were never told whether it was going to be a Fallout MMO or an Elder Scrolls MMO.  There have been rumors of Fallout MMO basically since they started work on it just because Skyrim was in production simultaneously.

When you have two factions you split your population in halves and make it 50% harder to find a group.  When you split them in thirds it becomes 66% harder to find a group.  Having factions might sound like a great idea but once the first rush happens it just makes all of your zones look so small and unoccupied.

Instead of having servers that have no horde or no alliance you have servers with huge chunks of two factions and none of another.  It makes population balancing very very difficult.

What is this based on have they said this is how it went down?