Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder scrolls online i fear the worst.

Bobbie203Bobbie203 Member Posts: 136

Loved skyrim morrowwind series, I was excited when they annouced the elder scroll online. Holy crap i think i crapped in my pants.

ThEN THE TIFBITS OF INFO CAME OUT, that stops me fom my track. They said in the interview they are using HERO ENGINE.

HERO engine used in star wars old republic. I played that game and well THIS IS NOT GOOD NOT GOOD AT ALL. I FEAR THE WORST. is this going o be instanced pvp battleground. O GOD my minds blown. HOW COULD THEY DO SUCH A THING?

I FEAR this is star wars old republic #2. As soon as the word hero engine pops up my jaw dropepd open and banged my head on the desk. THIS IS not possible, how could they do this?????

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE, we need to petition.

Somebody stop zenimax studios from making the biggest mistakes of their life.

Comments

• bishboshbishbosh Member Posts: 388

hero engine + bethesda/zenimax + no mods + no experience with mmorpgs = LOL

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by bishbosh

I am not going to defend the game yet, as I know very little about it.  But dude, the head of Zenimax Onine is Matt Firor.  It's safe to say that guy has some experience with MMOs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Firor

• Games888Games888 Member Posts: 243

haha totally agree, mmo isnt about money its all about exp.  Swtor is a perfect example + hero engine just cant handle massive pvp.

• bishboshbishbosh Member Posts: 388

Originally posted by Worstluck

I am not going to defend the game yet, as I know very little about it.  But dude, the head of Zenimax Onine is Matt Firor.  It's safe to say that guy has some experience with MMOs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Firor

i was talking about the engineering side of things; servers, lag, databases etc

im pretty sure the 3 faction pvp should turn out fine although i would have preffered a ffa system.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

The hero engine thing is ambiguous, as we have yet to see a proper finalized version of the engine in use, swtor's was heavily altered early version. The main problem with the game is what it doesn’t have, those core visual and game play concepts that set TES single player rpgs apart. It won’t look like a TES game, or play like one, so why use the IP?

Whether or not it turns out to be good or bad in itself, the positive and unique potential of the IP on the mmo world has been lost. That tragedy will forever mark this project, which is why the reaction has been the most negative in history, it may grow more positive from this point on, as it could hardly get worse, but many will not forgive.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by zevni78

The hero engine thing is ambiguous, as we have yet to see a proper finalized version of the engine in use, swtor's was heavily altered early version. The main problem with the game is what it doesn’t have, those core visual and game play concepts that set TES single player rpgs apart. It won’t look like a TES game, or play like one, so why use the IP?

Whether or not it turns out to be good or bad in itself, the positive and unique potential of the IP on the mmo world has been lost. That tragedy will forever mark this project, which is why the reaction has been the most negative in history, it may grow more positive from this point on, as it could hardly get worse, but many will not forgive.

that is what I was thinking. If they wanted to make a non tes MMO then fine, just please dont use this title.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me