Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft sucks because I can't build armies and bases...

124»

Comments

• bishboshbishbosh Member Posts: 388

Originally posted by Xsorus

Originally posted by Mellkor

That is pretty much what i've been reading on this forum for the past hour.

I mean bloody hell, some of the stuff posted is just silly..

"It's not elder scross cause it has tab targeting!!!"

Cause ya know, the first thing I think of when I think of Elder scrolls is "No tab targeting"

"It's 3rd Person, therefor it sucks!!!" nevermind all the Elder Scrolls games had 3rd Person view, (and pretty much every MMO today has 1st person view, only no one uses it because it blows ass)

Here's a kicker "It uses a toolbar like WoW, and isn't real time combat"

Because ya know that Skyrim is renowned for its amazing melee combat which consisted of me swinging my sword like i'm hacking a fucking bush to death.

"It has a class based system"

Cause we know the actual Elder Scrolls system would work better, Where I've got 100 in every single skill on my character, and my guy one shots freakin dragons.

None of these things made Skyrim great, or any Elder Scroll game great.... These are in general just mechanics of the game that frankly were not exactly the most amazing mechanics ever. I personally don't look at Skyrim and think "Wow that game has the best combat ever, screw tab targetting"

I can sum up what Made Skyrim great with one example..

The first town you get to in Skyrim, when ya start heading up that mountain and you came to that Dungeon with the bandits outside, That is what made skyrim right there..

It was the world, and the setting... Not shitty skill systems, melee combat, or 1st person/3rd person, It was the sense of vastness that looking out over a mountain gave you.

If they can accomplish that even remotely in this game, They will do fine, if not.. Who cares, you still have single player games you worthless nuggets of stupid.

If im going to buy and Elder scrolls product, i better damn well get all the features that make those games unique.

Its like watching a starwars movie but they have replaced the sabers with Nerf bats.

So you want a shitty combat system that has nothing in relation to why the game is good?

So you've never modded Elder Scrolls at all?

he just wants the features.

from what im gathering he wants first person action combat. he didnt specify whether he wanted it to be shitty or excellent.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

So you want a shitty combat system that has nothing in relation to why the game is good?

That "shitty" combat system is a part of what makes the game unique, weather you like it or not.

And i do not understand how people say "X" "cant work" with the right amount of bright minds, funding and effort almost anything is reasonably possible.

So you've never modded Elder Scrolls at all?
    What has that got to do with anything?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by bishbosh

xsorus

no one here is saying that ESO should have EXACTLY the same systems skryim. im sorry but your arguments are pointless because you are argueing against a point that was never made.

what we would like to see: 

- a class system that allows freedom, you make your own class. 

-  non tab target combat (preferably 1st person). i want to feel connected to the character like i do when im playing skyrim

honestly i dont think you have played any other elder scrolls other than skryim. all im hearing is skryim is suck blaahh i played it so long i maxed all my skill blahh derp.

also: i cannot beleive you are trying to argue that tab target and non targetting combat is exactly the same because "You face them, and Run near them and attack... ". have you bothered considering that maybe people will try to avoid your attack (durrrrrrrrrrrrrr). have you ever played a first person shooter or any multiplayer action game? are you going to tell me all you do in a FPS game is face someone run near them and attack? ridiculous... most fps games have combat that is 20x as deep, difficult to master and complicated that any tab target game has. A non target game can have everything a tab target game has plus the complexity that comes with having to aim and doge and move.

A. Making your own class would result in Overpowered Specs that would be a Standard Class, UO had "make your own class" and it still resulted in certain setups being the specific setup everyone used. In fact UO eventually fleshed out their Skill system to include skills to make people who chose more "Class" based character setups better, such as hiding, and stealth for rogues. As for most FPS having combat 20x deep and difficult to master then any tab targetting game? DAOC's Combat system is vastly superior to damn near every FPS on the market. FPS combat is not even remotely deep. It's simply Point and Shoot at the target and based on mechanics of the system (does shooting rapidly throw off your shots) or Do certain things arc (Arrows) for example. That is not Deep....Active Blocking/Dodging ect ect, are actually things that MMO's have actually chosen to pickup over the years, and guess what, You don't see that in most FPS.

In fact take Counter Strike for example, how do you dodge attacks in Counter Strike, You don't.. you hide behind something, and hopefully you have better aim then the person you're shooting at.

Tab Targetting in itself is not related to the mechanics of Dodge/Block (See Champion Online)

you have overpowered specs in wow style class systems as well... one who sacrfices freedom for a small chance of balance deserves neither freedom or balance.

go to this website

http://www.quakelive.com/#!home

make an account and play 1v1 PvP. see if you can get a kill, let alone win a match. its just point and shoot, you should have no problem.

it is just point and shoot, Your aim is a factor but aim in itself does not make it a deep combat system.

For example, hitting a baseball, I can hit a baseball all day long, Some people can do it better and knock it out the park, But hitting a baseball is neither deep, or skillful.

it's when ya add the othe elements of the game does it because something of skill.

Now hitting a baseball takes no skill...?

*looks down and shakes head*

GG. i really dont know what else to say.

apparently tab targetting and clicking 1 2 3 4 5 and winning because of better gear/level is skillful but baseball or fps games are not

i think we are just getting trolled really bad

OP do you really want another wow clone on the market? dont you think there is enough out there for your to play. cant you just leave something out there to be a bit different so other people can enjoy what they like. srsly if you like hotbars and tab target combat and fixed classes go and play WoW or RIFT or AoC or WAR or AION or SWTOR or GW2

• Originally posted by bishbosh

xsorus

no one here is saying that ESO should have EXACTLY the same systems skryim. im sorry but your arguments are pointless because you are argueing against a point that was never made.

-  non tab target combat (preferably 1st person). i want to feel connected to the character like i do when im playing skyrim

honestly i dont think you have played any other elder scrolls other than skryim. all im hearing is skryim is suck blaahh i played it so long i maxed all my skill blahh derp.

also: i cannot beleive you are trying to argue that tab target and non targetting combat is exactly the same because "You face them, and Run near them and attack... ". have you bothered considering that maybe people will try to avoid your attack (durrrrrrrrrrrrrr). have you ever played a first person shooter or any multiplayer action game? are you going to tell me all you do in a FPS game is face someone run near them and attack? ridiculous... most fps games have combat that is 20x as deep, difficult to master and complicated that any tab target game has. A non target game can have everything a tab target game has plus the complexity that comes with having to aim and doge and move.

A. Making your own class would result in Overpowered Specs that would be a Standard Class, UO had "make your own class" and it still resulted in certain setups being the specific setup everyone used. In fact UO eventually fleshed out their Skill system to include skills to make people who chose more "Class" based character setups better, such as hiding, and stealth for rogues. As for most FPS having combat 20x deep and difficult to master then any tab targetting game? DAOC's Combat system is vastly superior to damn near every FPS on the market. FPS combat is not even remotely deep. It's simply Point and Shoot at the target and based on mechanics of the system (does shooting rapidly throw off your shots) or Do certain things arc (Arrows) for example. That is not Deep....Active Blocking/Dodging ect ect, are actually things that MMO's have actually chosen to pickup over the years, and guess what, You don't see that in most FPS.

In fact take Counter Strike for example, how do you dodge attacks in Counter Strike, You don't.. you hide behind something, and hopefully you have better aim then the person you're shooting at.

Tab Targetting in itself is not related to the mechanics of Dodge/Block (See Champion Online)

you have overpowered specs in wow style class systems as well... one who sacrfices freedom for a small chance of balance deserves neither freedom or balance.

go to this website

make an account and play 1v1 PvP. see if you can get a kill, let alone win a match. its just point and shoot, you should have no problem.

it is just point and shoot, Your aim is a factor but aim in itself does not make it a deep combat system.

For example, hitting a baseball, I can hit a baseball all day long, Some people can do it better and knock it out the park, But hitting a baseball is neither deep, or skillful.

it's when ya add the othe elements of the game does it because something of skill.

apparently tab targetting and clicking 1 2 3 4 5 and winning because of better gear/level is skillful but baseball or fps games are not

Again, Clearly you didn't read what I said, or just don't understand the concept.

A. I didn't say anything about Baseball as a game, I said hitting a Baseball doesn't require skill, and it doesn't.. hitting a Baseball thrown by a pitcher requires skill, as in, the game of Baseball. If you don't understand that concept or if that is blowing your mind, Then you clearly have never actually played Baseball, Unless you thought your coach hitting Grounders to you during Practice was somehow skillful. I can take a Baseball, Throw it up in the air, and hit it when it comes down, some people can do that, and knock it out of the park... One person is better then the other person via strength and what not, But doesn't actually make it skillful, That same person who can knock it out the park might not be able to hit a single ball thrown by a Pitcher at all. Because that actually requires skill.

if you're still confused on that concept, I'll use another, I can Throw a ball, It doesn't require any skill, Some people can throw it 90 MPH, and it doesn't require skill (again Muscles and such), However it actually requires skill to play the game of baseball and strike someone out.

You having trouble with that concept? a FPS Shooter isn't actually Deep, They're pretty much pointing and shooting, some people can do it better then others and hit the target.. Actually knowing how the game is played is far more important and sometime strategy in itself (For example, I've played CS enough to know that most people are going to run by this certain spot, and if I shoot at this certain spot I'll head shot them)

B. Tab Targetting and Combat System of hotbars has nothing in relation to skill. The fact that you think that a game doesn't require skill because like ya said "I can just play this class and tab target, and hit 1/2/3/4/5 and win" tells me that your the kind of played who sits on the boards and whines about certain classes owning you and it not being because they're better players, and dont' get me wrong, There is clearly overpowered classes in MMO's, and sometimes it is simply what ya stated....but the other half of the time, You're just a bad player who sucks at the game.

• Originally posted by bishbosh

OP do you really want another wow clone on the market? dont you think there is enough out there for your to play. cant you just leave something out there to be a bit different so other people can enjoy what they like. srsly if you like hotbars and tab target combat and fixed classes go and play WoW or RIFT or AoC or WAR or AION or SWTOR or GW2

You realize a lot of those games you listed don't play like WoW at all?

Hotbars/Tab Targetting Combat/fixed classes doesn't equal WoW

Thought was established that thinking was pretty bloody stupid.

You having trouble with that concept? a FPS Shooter isn't actually Deep, They're pretty much pointing and shooting, some people can do it better then others and hit the target.. Actually knowing how the game is played is far more important and sometime strategy in itself (For example, I've played CS enough to know that most people are going to run by this certain spot, and if I shoot at this certain spot I'll head shot them)

Your forgetting within the franchise, Morrowind had systems which relied on statistics as well as "Fps" based combat.

This quote is fucking gold.

So by this reckoning this elder scroll game isnt really an elder scroll game because it doesn't have the same features?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

xsorus

go to this website

Again, Clearly you didn't read what I said, or just don't understand the concept.

A. I didn't say anything about Baseball as a game, I said hitting a Baseball doesn't require skill, and it doesn't.. hitting a Baseball thrown by a pitcher requires skill, as in, the game of Baseball. If you don't understand that concept or if that is blowing your mind, Then you clearly have never actually played Baseball, Unless you thought your coach hitting Grounders to you during Practice was somehow skillful. I can take a Baseball, Throw it up in the air, and hit it when it comes down, some people can do that, and knock it out of the park... One person is better then the other person via strength and what not, But doesn't actually make it skillful, That same person who can knock it out the park might not be able to hit a single ball thrown by a Pitcher at all. Because that actually requires skill.

if you're still confused on that concept, I'll use another, I can Throw a ball, It doesn't require any skill, Some people can throw it 90 MPH, and it doesn't require skill (again Muscles and such), However it actually requires skill to play the game of baseball and strike someone out.

You having trouble with that concept? a FPS Shooter isn't actually Deep, They're pretty much pointing and shooting, some people can do it better then others and hit the target.. Actually knowing how the game is played is far more important and sometime strategy in itself (For example, I've played CS enough to know that most people are going to run by this certain spot, and if I shoot at this certain spot I'll head shot them

No one thinks you didn't mean hitting a baseball while playing baseball. So just stop.

Even if it were true that you meant outside of a game where there is no pitcher, you'd be wrong again. Obviously it takes skill to hit a ball even if you serve yourself up an underhand ball that you can more easily bean into the seats. But it still takes skill.

• Originally posted by Mellkor

xsorus

go to this website

Your forgetting within the franchise, Morrowind had systems which relied on statistics as well as "Fps" based combat.

Did Skyrim have this system?

Did oblivion have this system?

How exactly does that work "You can't release this game unless it has every system that every Elder Scrolls Games had"

It wasn't used in the next 2 games, So It wasn't a need mechanic obviously.

In fact if I recall, wasn't everyone pissed about how Skyrim didn't have Oblivions spell creation system? i seem to remember everyone being absolutely furious over that and how Skyrim was the worst game ever because it didn't have it.

How exactly does that work "You can't release this game unless it has every system that every Elder Scrolls Games had"
    In fact if I recall, wasn't everyone pissed about how Skyrim didn't have Oblivions spell creation system? i seem to remember everyone being absolutely furious over that and how Skyrim was the worst game ever because it didn't have it.

Morrwind did
    Daggerfall did.
    Did arena have it? i dont know?

Just to counter that argument.

Regardless, The skill system still was in effect all the way up to skyrim. IE your block skill reflects how much damage is mitigated on a "fps" successful block.

• Originally posted by colddog04

xsorus

go to this website

You having trouble with that concept? a FPS Shooter isn't actually Deep, They're pretty much pointing and shooting, some people can do it better then others and hit the target.. Actually knowing how the game is played is far more important and sometime strategy in itself (For example, I've played CS enough to know that most people are going to run by this certain spot, and if I shoot at this certain spot I'll head shot them

No one thinks you didn't mean hitting a baseball while playing baseball. So just stop.

Even if it were true that you meant outside of a game where there is no pitcher, you'd be wrong again. Obviously it takes skill to hit a ball even if you serve yourself up an underhand ball that you can more easily bean into the seats. But it still takes skill.

"

it's when ya add the othe elements of the game does it because something of skill."

That's exactly what I said...How is that not hard to understand.... It very clearly says anyone can hit a baseball, When ya add other elements of the game (Aka pitching) it becomes something of skill

I'm sorry the concept flew right over your head...

and It takes skill to hit a ball you server up to yourself so you can more easily bean it into the seats? I'm sorry.. No.... There is no amount of skill in this world you can get that will allow you to easily bean it into the seat more then a professional baseball player who actually has muscles. Cause that's what it is going to come down to.. You being more skillful has nothing to do with it...

Unless for example, you think you're not throwing the ball 90 MPH because you just don't have the skill to do it *grin*

• Originally posted by Mellkor

Morrwind did

Daggerfall did.

Regardless, The skill system still was in effect all the way up to skyrim. IE your block skill reflects how much damage is mitigated on a "fps" successful block.

But it was removed, Do you not get that concept, All the Elder Scrolls games did not have that Mechanic, therefor Skyrim must suck ass right?

If all new elder scrolls games don't have the exact same mechanic as previous Elder Scrolls games.. then those Elder Scrolls games suck.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

"

it's when ya add the othe elements of the game does it because something of skill."

That's exactly what I said...How is that not hard to understand.... It very clearly says anyone can hit a baseball, When ya add other elements of the game (Aka pitching) it becomes something of skill

I'm sorry the concept flew right over your head...

and It takes skill to hit a ball you server up to yourself so you can more easily bean it into the seats? I'm sorry.. No.... There is no amount of skill in this world you can get that will allow you to easily bean it into the seat more then a professional baseball player who actually has muscles. Cause that's what it is going to come down to.. You being more skillful has nothing to do with it...

Unless for example, you think you're not throwing the ball 90 MPH because you just don't have the skill to do it *grin*

It's really odd watching you back up and try to justify yourself.

Of course it takes skill to hit a baseball. But I really don't mind if you type another 12 sentences to try and explain why that's not true.

Originally posted by Mellkor

Morrwind did
    Daggerfall did.

But it was removed, Do you not get that concept, All the Elder Scrolls games did not have that Mechanic, therefor Skyrim must suck ass right?
    If all new elder scrolls games don't have the exact same mechanic as previous Elder Scrolls games.. then those Elder Scrolls games suck.

Where are you pulling this logic from? and how has this turned into "this must suck".

I just said the systems are still present.

We are talking a huge mechanic leap the likes the series has never seen. atleast in my examples the concept has always been the same abet with various degrees of implementation.

yeh those games play very similar to wow. i never said  hotbars/tab targetting/fixed classes = wow. i implied they were very similar.  you keep making up arguments on everyones behalf and rebuting and then you assume you have proven something.

xsorus

also: i cannot beleive you are trying to argue that tab target and non targetting combat is exactly the same because "have you bothered considering that maybe people will try to avoid your attack (durrrrrrrrrrrrrr). have you ever played a first person shooter or any multiplayer action game? are you going to tell me all you do in a FPS game is face someone run near them and attack? ridiculous... most fps games have combat that is 20x as deep, difficult to master and complicated that any tab target game has. A non target game can have everything a tab target game has plus the complexity that comes with having to aim and doge and move.You face them, and Run near them and attack... ". 

go to this website

B. Tab Targetting and Combat System of hotbars has nothing in relation to skill. The fact that you think that a game doesn't require skill because like ya said "I can just play this class and tab target, and hit 1/2/3/4/5 and win" tells me that your the kind of played who sits on the boards and whines about certain classes owning you and it not being because they're better players, and dont' get me wrong, There is clearly overpowered classes in MMO's, and sometimes it is simply what ya stated....but the other half of the time, You're just a bad player who sucks at the game.

are you on drugs? your argument is so convouluted, im going to try and break this down.

1. from what i have gathered from your reoccuring argument is that you are saying hitting a baseball doesnt require skill but hitting a baseball  thrown by a good pitcher does. i cant agree with this completely but i can say that it requires more skill to hit a well pitched ball then a ball on sitting a tee.

2. why are you comparing hitting a baseball on tee with FPS combat. your enemies in FPS combat are constantly moving, competing with you for powerups and weapons, trying to shoot you. wouldnt it be more rational to compare FPS combat as a whole with baseball as a whole?

3. given that you accepted that baseball (the WHOLE sport) requires lots of skill and you compared baseball to FPS combat it can be conlcuded FPS combat requires lots of skill. also: im pretty sure FPS combat shits on baseball when it comes to strategy and brains.

4. you seem to be obssessed with active blocking, dodging and you seem to beleive (for some strange reason) that these mechanics are unique to tab target combat. dodge buttons is tab targetting combats way of emulating what naturally occurs in FPS style combat and yes FPS style combat in previous TES games has active blocking.

5. please tell me you are trolling