Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont be too quick to judge

2»

Comments

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Originally posted by Oldsalt

imageWell, with a "Western" developer you are pretty much guaranteed pants on the characters. Though those are optional always I guess. And I doubt there would be many Chipmunks or kittys as playable characters. We Westerners have a lot of catching up to do.

Have you played Vanguard?  They offer animals as characters in that game.  WoW allows Druids to become animals as does EverQuest I and EverQuest 2.  Pantless sex kittens aside, that really is a cultural thing and while you may embrace it, most Westerners do not and that is our choice and one that is allowed for games made for us.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

This game is nothing more than a money grab attempt by cashing in on a popular franchise name. The use of the hero engine already reaks of the game being made cheeply. I pray that TES fans do not buy this game to send a clear message to the devs, that we are tired of this same old fleecing shit. But I know my prayers will fall on deaf ears because this game is going to be bought up in masses, and there going to make a huge profit all the while alienating their fanbase. how sad.

Whats next a halo MMO?

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• OldsaltOldsalt Member Posts: 41

Originally posted by Vorthanion

Originally posted by Oldsalt

imageWell, with a "Western" developer you are pretty much guaranteed pants on the characters. Though those are optional always I guess. And I doubt there would be many Chipmunks or kittys as playable characters. We Westerners have a lot of catching up to do.

Have you played Vanguard?  They offer animals as characters in that game.  WoW allows Druids to become animals as does EverQuest I and EverQuest 2.  Pantless sex kittens aside, that really is a cultural thing and while you may embrace it, most Westerners do not and that is our choice and one that is allowed for games made for us

I think you mistook my attempt at sarcasm as defending the post. My bad, and my apologies.

The sooner you fall behind the more time you have to catch up.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Originally posted by toddze

This game is nothing more than a money grab attempt by cashing in on a popular franchise name. The use of the hero engine already reaks of the game being made cheeply. I pray that TES fans do not buy this game to send a clear message to the devs, that we are tired of this same old fleecing shit. But I know my prayers will fall on deaf ears because this game is going to be bought up in masses, and there going to make a huge profit all the while alienating their fanbase. how sad.

Whats next a halo MMO?

They will buy it, then complain having ignored the critics, that is the power of IP on the masses, see- SWTOR. It may not even be that bad, my problem is that it’s not elder scrolls in gameplay, just in lore, which as someone who dozes off during cut scenes and doesn't read flavour text anymore means nothing to me, and if I wanted all the good features listed I would play GW2, which I will.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Agree with the OP. We know very little about the game systems and gave yet to see it in action.

Like I've said elsewhere, a lot of the game features sound really cool. This game reminds me of GW 2 more than wow.

Everyone, just chill out and wait to see what it's like. If it actuall does suck when you get some gameplay or beta or something, then by all means continue with your mass freak out.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• Blackwater56Blackwater56 Member Posts: 122

Oh but we DO know a lot about ES:O 

http://kotaku.com/5907598/first-elder-scrolls-online--details-make-it-sound-like-just-another-fantasy-mmo

Face it, this game is dead on arrival. It face plants right out of the starting gate by announcing it uses the hero engine, and then Bethesda kicks its corpse by saying its a 3rd person WoWclone

RIP Elder Scrolls

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

Actually we CAN be very quick to judge.

1. Other than story, what made the elder scrolls games great? the modding community.

2. Who is making the game? An unknown.

3. Are any of the makers of the elder scroll games making this one? No.

So, of all the things that made the elder scroll games great, only the possibility of the story is there and its being made by an MMORPG noob company headed by one guy with experience.

Until they PROVE otherwise, judgement is given...and I dont fall for hype anymore so I wont get suckered in just by a name.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Points to the title

We dont know nothing yet, except one article that might be totally misinformed and subjective.

What we know though. And always did know.

It will not be like TES nor it can be.

It will be a MMO with all its limitations.

And since its developed by western company , it would probably not be that advanced either ;)

It not being like TES is the whole point why people are judging it as a wow clone, if they really cared they'd stay true to the series but it sounds to me like they are cashing in on the gravy train and not innovating anything. i know another successful single player rpg developer that tried to pull this trick, and their game is pretty much dead now. stay true to TES or call it something else.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I was quick to judge yesterday and was wrong.  I am the type of person that will not believe anything until I lay my own eyes upon it.  I will just have to wait until I can play the game myself.  I don't understand what you mean by not being advanced because it's Western however.

I really don't care what happens to TESO, as long as it doesn't effect the single player RPGs that Bethesda makes (which I think it might) I will be happy.  I hope they can keep making the regular RPGs, we shall see.