Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Every single feature of elder scrolls games removed. (article link)

12346»

Comments

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Lol at the gw2 comments what we know so far of TESO, the game it has most in common with is....................gw2

No. TESO appears to be closer to DAoC's PvP (in TESO's case 3 Factions at war, which in itself is great) and WoW-like Dungeons (and Questing?). TESO does not offer any Dynamic features (no Radiant AI) and instead seems to offers the traditional classes (holy trinity) found in most MMORPGs. Doesn't sound like GW2 to me, admittedly, I didn't really bother to look into GW2 all that much but, from what I know TESO is nothing like it.

• UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066

Lol at the gw2 comments what we know so far of TESO, the game it has most in common with is....................gw2

I think the post above me explained it well.

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

From feature list it is still very much TES game with some elements of GW2. Not intentional but following the same trend of non linear approach to the world.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

OP, this is crushing news about TESO.  And the game's been in work since 2007.  It's too late to complain about the details now, this being so far along in development.  That ship has left port long ago and is well on its predetermined course.

These rough details about TESO are the exact fears I have of what a TES MMORPG would adversely be.

At least actual Bethesda isn't mired down in this.  They probably have the luxury of standing back and watch other people sweat.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

No. TESO appears to be closer to DAoC's PvP (in TESO's case 3 Factions at war, which in itself is great) and WoW-like Dungeons (and Questing?). TESO does not offer any Dynamic features (no Radiant AI) and instead seems to offers the traditional classes (holy trinity) found in most MMORPGs. Doesn't sound like GW2 to me, admittedly, I didn't really bother to look into GW2 all that much but, from what I know TESO is nothing like it.

yeah teso sounds better PVP wise for not having the balanced obssesed wow kid server reset every 2 weeks.  The dungeons are open, so more like EQ.  The combat reminds me of GW2 from what they are saying, as does the wandering off and just encountering quests and open dungeons.  Also no quest hubs.  Also they have NO agro rules and they stated you dont need trinity to do the dungeons, it has healers but you don't need healers, it doesn't have tanks as such.