Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

More greedy then ea, a bigger wow clone then tor

TranquillitiTranquilliti PerthPosts: 29Member

So much for "elder scrolls games are unique and special" and all this rubbish, I have been an elder scrolls fan since Morrowind but this is just ridiculous. Incase you haven't read the magazine scans (pm me) I will tell you all now this is an absolute peice of junk themepark, a bigger wow clone then SWTOR.  I was honestly hoping for a sandbox game, or atleast something special and unique. I was even joking with a few mates that this game could be a wow clone, but I never expected a wow clone with "Modern MMO improvements". It sounds like they stole guild wars 2 three side pvp, but instead of it being world vs world vs world it is faction vs faction vs faction. Also heroic instanced raids are mentioned, so this will be another end game raiding for gear trashbox. It's funny how I actually expected bethseda to do something unique and special, maybe make the Ultima online 2 (ultimate sandbox) the gaming world needs so badly, I should of known after skyrim all bethseda care about is money. It's now quite clear the last hope of a full loot decent sandbox is embersofcaerus, but hopefully Archeage (themepark game with sandbox elements) will educated more people about sandbox games enough for themeparks to atleast get player housing and some more customisation in the future. 

 

 

EDIT: I am not trolling, giving out the links will get me banned and my thread removed like everybody else who has done it. You will all read for yourselfs when Gameinformer comes out. 

 

[mod edit - changed title to lower case]

«1

Comments

  • GdemamiGdemami Beau VallonPosts: 7,860Member Uncommon

    Those threads are so funny :)

  • busdriverbusdriver nyPosts: 859Member

    Hardly a surprise, TES series has been in downhill slope since Morrowind, TESO will just continue that trend.

     

  • YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member

    The creators of Skyrim, the ultimate single player sandbox RPG, are creating a ThemePark? Will this madness ever end?

  • LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Yarmouth, NSPosts: 337Member

    Originally posted by Gdemami

    Those threads are so funny :)

    Pre-order it, I dare you.

    Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

  • NevereveNNevereveN Daly City, CAPosts: 11Member Common

    I remember Bioware skipping multiplayer from SP to MMO guess how it turned out.

  • Chrome1980Chrome1980 LondonPosts: 511Member

    Jus post the source of your info here OP or you are just trolling.

  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,949Member Uncommon

    They did not steal GW2s PvP, the lead designer of this game is one of the guys who invented the system for DaoC.

  • busdriverbusdriver nyPosts: 859Member

    Originally posted by Loke666

    They did not steal GW2s PvP, the lead designer of this game is one of the guys who invented the system for DaoC.

    That's actually the only positive thing going for this game.

  • HurvartHurvart ystadPosts: 565Member

    I agree. We dont need another quest hubs on rails game with instances. And with gear grind @ max level.

    I would be happy with a hybrid. With a open virtual world. Long travel, harsh death penalty and naked corpse runs. Some independent quests that you need to explore to find. No instances at all. End game based on exploring, crafting and with some random roaming outdoor world bosses. And world PVP...

    When will they learn?

  • greyed-outgreyed-out buttercupsville, OKPosts: 99Member

    I'm both confident that no one in the game industry is more greedy and unscrupulus than EA besides Activision, and that TESO will be a much better game than swtor by leaps and bounds.  However TESO is still a huge disappointment being yet another reskinned version of the same game we've all been playing for over a decade.  What's surprising is the OP puts his hope in yet another low budget no name indie title which will finally be the true sandbox mmo, no really trust us this time.

  • karmathkarmath Posts: 827Member Uncommon

    I seriously cannot comprehend the stupidity of current developers. Another failed WoW clone is the last thing we need.

  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,949Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by greyed-out

    I'm both confident that no one in the game industry is more greedy and unscrupulus than EA besides Activision, and that TESO will be a much better game than swtor by leaps and bounds.  However TESO is still a huge disappointment being yet another reskinned version of the same game we've all been playing for over a decade.  What's surprising is the OP puts his hope in yet another low budget no name indie title which will finally be the true sandbox mmo, no really trust us this time.

    Agreed, particularly since there are sandbox games like WoDO on the horizon which at least have an acceptable budget and experienced devs.

  • dubyahitedubyahite Lincoln, NEPosts: 2,483Member

    Originally posted by Hurvart

    I agree. We dont need another quest hubs on rails game with instances. And with gear grind @ max level.

    I would be happy with a hybrid. With a open virtual world. Long travel, harsh death penalty and naked corpse runs. Some independent quests that you need to explore to find. No instances at all. End game based on exploring, crafting and with some random roaming outdoor world bosses. And world PVP...

    When will they learn?

    Well it looks like they learned.

     

    If you actually read about the game you would know that they are doing away with quest hubs. Quests will be discovered from exploring the open world and happening upon them. Sounds similar to GW 2 actually.  

     

    They said that quests will be discovered from doing stuff. Their example was like this: you might wander into a cave and free someone by defeating the boss at the end. The person you freed will reward you even though you didn't have a quest.

     

    They also said that all of their dungeons would not be instanced. They are open world dungeons.  

    Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

    The Secret World - Dragons

    Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

    Tera - Dragonfall Server

    http://www.shadowshand.com

  • TranquillitiTranquilliti PerthPosts: 29Member

    Originally posted by greyed-out

     What's surprising is the OP puts his hope in yet another low budget no name indie title which will finally be the true sandbox mmo, no really trust us this time.

    How is that suprising? What else should I put my hope in? The dev's have played and lived through the Mortal online tragety with us, a game made by 50 dev's with a passion has as much potential as any other studio. 

  • greyed-outgreyed-out buttercupsville, OKPosts: 99Member

    Originally posted by dubyahite

    Originally posted by Hurvart

    I agree. We dont need another quest hubs on rails game with instances. And with gear grind @ max level.

    I would be happy with a hybrid. With a open virtual world. Long travel, harsh death penalty and naked corpse runs. Some independent quests that you need to explore to find. No instances at all. End game based on exploring, crafting and with some random roaming outdoor world bosses. And world PVP...

    When will they learn?

    Well it looks like they learned.

     

    If you actually read about the game you would know that they are doing away with quest hubs. Quests will be discovered from exploring the open world and happening upon them. Sounds similar to GW 2 actually.  

     

    They said that quests will be discovered from doing stuff. Their example was like this: you might wander into a cave and free someone by defeating the boss at the end. The person you freed will reward you even though you didn't have a quest.

     

    They also said that all of their dungeons would not be instanced. They are open world dungeons.  



    What I read was that there were both instanced and non-instanced party dungeons however there was no detail on how similar they would be.  The hubless quest system is another positive in favor of TESO as is the soft-trinity system IMO.  Finally, TESO will have huge 3-faction world PvP so Hurvart should be happy with that piece of news.

  • Chrome1980Chrome1980 LondonPosts: 511Member

    Originally posted by Hurvart

    I agree. We dont need another quest hubs on rails game with instances. And with gear grind @ max level.

    I would be happy with a hybrid. With a open virtual world. Long travel, harsh death penalty and naked corpse runs. Some independent quests that you need to explore to find. No instances at all. End game based on exploring, crafting and with some random roaming outdoor world bosses. And world PVP...

    When will they learn?

    There are no quest hubs and it is not on rails. Took me 2 minutes to google and find it out. If TESO is on rails than so is GW2.

  • HurvartHurvart ystadPosts: 565Member

    Originally posted by dubyahite

    Originally posted by Hurvart

    I agree. We dont need another quest hubs on rails game with instances. And with gear grind @ max level.

    I would be happy with a hybrid. With a open virtual world. Long travel, harsh death penalty and naked corpse runs. Some independent quests that you need to explore to find. No instances at all. End game based on exploring, crafting and with some random roaming outdoor world bosses. And world PVP...

    When will they learn?

    Well it looks like they learned.

     

    If you actually read about the game you would know that they are doing away with quest hubs. Quests will be discovered from exploring the open world and happening upon them. Sounds similar to GW 2 actually.  

     

    They said that quests will be discovered from doing stuff. Their example was like this: you might wander into a cave and free someone by defeating the boss at the end. The person you freed will reward you even though you didn't have a quest.

     

    They also said that all of their dungeons would not be instanced. They are open world dungeons.  



    OK.  I guess its better than I expected after reading the OP:s post. And perhaps not "a bigger wow clone then tor"...

  • ColdrenColdren Nowhereville, TNPosts: 456Member Uncommon

    They had me at 3-faction PvP.

    If anything, at the ABSOLUTE WORST, this is DAoC 2, set in TES lore, headed by Matt Frior..

    ... I can live with this. :)

  • UnlightUnlight Ottawa, ONPosts: 2,540Member

    It didn't take long for the attacks to begin.

  • NethermancerNethermancer Toronto, ONPosts: 520Member

    Bathesda is owned by a big company

    that big company has set up a studio serperate from Batehsda to make a trash MMO using the Elder scrolls name to try and suck some more money from the fame that skyrim had.

    Dont blame Bathesda

    Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Covington, LAPosts: 555Member

    Originally posted by Tranquilliti

    So much for "elder scrolls games are unique and special" and all this rubbish, I have been an elder scrolls fan since Morrowind but this is just ridiculous. Incase you haven't read the magazine scans (pm me) I will tell you all now this is an absolute peice of junk themepark, a bigger wow clone then SWTOR.  I was honestly hoping for a sandbox game, or atleast something special and unique. I was even joking with a few mates that this game could be a wow clone, but I never expected a wow clone with "Modern MMO improvements". It sounds like they stole guild wars 2 three side pvp, but instead of it being world vs world vs world it is faction vs faction vs faction. Also heroic instanced raids are mentioned, so this will be another end game raiding for gear trashbox. It's funny how I actually expected bethseda to do something unique and special, maybe make the Ultima online 2 (ultimate sandbox) the gaming world needs so badly, I should of known after skyrim all bethseda care about is money. It's now quite clear the last hope of a full loot decent sandbox is embersofcaerus, but hopefully Archeage (themepark game with sandbox elements) will educated more people about sandbox games enough for themeparks to atleast get player housing and some more customisation in the future. 

     

     

    EDIT: I am not trolling, giving out the links will get me banned and my thread removed like everybody else who has done it. You will all read for yourselfs when Gameinformer comes out. 

    Wow you've been a fan since Morrowind! Crazy! That puts you in line with 90% of the people who play ES games! 

     

    I'll reserve my initial judgement of the game for when it at least has a firm release date (same as GW2) and I suggest the rest of you do the same. However, I expect you to just keep flopping about like a speared fish on your keyboard so carry on.

    Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

  • GrumpyMel2GrumpyMel2 Catskills, NYPosts: 1,832Member

    Ouch...just read the article myself....pass. I'm not interested in playing a game that bares absolutely no relation to TES, series other then the brand name and the skin.

    I get that you have to make some changes in order to translate something into an MMO format....but there should be at least some minimal effort to capture the SPIRIT of the series you are representing....from what I've read so far, this game has none.

    It's if they took a Quarter-Pounder with Cheese, replaced the graphic on the carton with a lobster claw and are selling it under the name "Lobster Meal". Sorry changing the packaging doesn't turn a burger into seafood.

     

  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Covington, LAPosts: 555Member

    Originally posted by GrumpyMel2

     

    It's if they took a Quarter-Pounder with Cheese, replaced the graphic on the carton with a lobster claw and are selling it under the name "Lobster Meal". Sorry changing the packaging doesn't turn a burger into seafood.

     

    That might be the worst metaphor ever.

    Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

  • WolvardsWolvards grants pass, ORPosts: 650Member

    When the OP said they took 3 faction PvP from GW2 i laughed a little. Maybe you should do some research bud, GW2 is about a decade behind on 3 faction PvP. And guess who first created it? OMG!?!?! The director of TESO, imagine that... He made it once, it worked, lets do it again. I kind of like the reference someone else posted on here though, keep flopping like a speared fish on you keyboard image Thats a good one.

    The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member

    Originally posted by GrumpyMel2

    Ouch...just read the article myself....pass. I'm not interested in playing a game that bares absolutely no relation to TES, series other then the brand name and the skin.

    I get that you have to make some changes in order to translate something into an MMO format....but there should be at least some minimal effort to capture the SPIRIT of the series you are representing....from what I've read so far, this game has none.

    It's if they took a Quarter-Pounder with Cheese, replaced the graphic on the carton with a lobster claw and are selling it under the name "Lobster Meal". Sorry changing the packaging doesn't turn a burger into seafood.

     

    Not poking fun or putting down (this time), but I said the exact same thing the first time I read about WoW. I was a big fan of the RTSes and still have my orginal Orcs and Humans demo disk straight from Blizzard, and WoW was going to be too big of a departure for me.

    However, once I tried it, I was hooked for over 5 years. Maybe ESO will do the same for others.

    I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.