Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Reason to Go with TERA Over GW2...

124»

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Draemos

Originally posted by Jetrpg

Originally posted by Zetsuei

Originally posted by deziwright

plenty of reasons for many to chose tera over gw2. mainly gw2 combat is bland. tera has brought action gameplay to mmorpgs unlike other failed attempts at doing so. Personally i will play both games. Tera for the PvE and GW2 for the pvp.

Say what? I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. I would say the opposite if anything. I find the combat in GW2 to be more dynamic and always changing whereas Tera does do the action gameplay, but barely.

having played both, you would be wrong

Having played 3 classes to 20 in each game i would say your deffinately wrong.

Having played Tera to 50, and having more than a 3rd of my abilities like you did at 20 (oh WOW!).  You again, are wrong.

And you again, are telling someone their opinion is wrong.  There's two of you now.  Your closed-mindedness is spreading.  Evacuate!  Evacuate!

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Veeshan22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9eey4QKjOc

Here a slayer aoe killing 7-10 single pull mobs each time and only loosing 10% of her HP even though she take alot of the hits, if there were more mobs in the area she could prob take 20 if he wanted to since she was only loosing 10% hp on about half that.

You know there are quests/encounteres that are more dangerous? Espeically the higer you go. Heck, I was running a tank and had to go back one at a time for these three brothers mounted on some beasts. They sucked my energy, knocked me down and took swaths of health.

Let's not judge the entire game by a few videos meant to showcase the aoe capabilities of a class.

Or you can be level 4 in GW2 and fight a champion mob that with 40+ peopel 1/2 will be dead at any given time and takes 4-10mins to kill all the while summoning wavesof mobs, tossing out close to insta death GTAOEs , etc. etc etc. Yeah , oh and gw2 also get harder.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Originally posted by Eir_S

plenty of reasons for many to chose tera over gw2. mainly gw2 combat is bland. tera has brought action gameplay to mmorpgs unlike other failed attempts at doing so. Personally i will play both games. Tera for the PvE and GW2 for the pvp.

Say what? I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. I would say the opposite if anything. I find the combat in GW2 to be more dynamic and always changing whereas Tera does do the action gameplay, but barely.

Having played Tera to 50, and having more than a 3rd of my abilities like you did at 20 (oh WOW!).  You again, are wrong.

And you again, are telling someone their opinion is wrong.  There's two of you now.  Your closed-mindedness is spreading.  Evacuate!  Evacuate!

It's not an opinion topic.  An opinion topic is something like art style.  The combat in Tera is more dynamic than GW2.

I'm not even hating on GW2, it's a fine game and the combat is good.  But the guy is straight up wrong.  He's arguing from a position of ignorance.

For some reason I can't fathom GW2 fanbois have to believe its better at everything.  It's not.  Tera is a better combat system.  It's really not a point of contention... just like GW2 storyline system is significantly better.  If I was to "opinion" that I thought Teras questing system is better, I'd be wrong... cause that would be a stupid ass opinion.  This is the same thing he's doing with combat.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by killion81

...Right Now.

It's not because TERA is any better of a game or can provide any more entertainment.  It's not because of gameplay or graphics.  It's not because of a subscription versus cash shop, or BAMs or quest hubs or whatever else you want to throw in here.

It's because TERA is already out.  I have enjoyed both TERA and GW2 so far.  However, I know I can log on to TERA right now, yet I have no idea when I'll get to play GW2 again.  I'm not saying don't buy GW2 when it releases or that it will provide any less entertainment than TERA.  I AM saying, would you rather have fun now and more fun later or just fun later?

If the box price + sub is an issue for you, then maybe it is a better idea to wait if you believe you will prefer GW2 or if the pricing model will work better for you.  Otherwise, if the cost isn't going to hurt, I would recommend at least giving it a try.  Can't go wrong with two fun games instead of one fun game.

Kinda hard to argue against that.

After trying both I prefer GW2 even though I thought Tera was surprisingly good. If you want something now Tera is a good choice.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by ictown

sorry but i rather play tsw over this piece of misogynistic slandering pedo game.

guess what, thats my opinion and im entitled to it.

You do realize TSW has a female NPC blowing your character in the intro prologue for the Dragon faction, right?  If your going to spin nonsense, atleast don't be a hypocrite.

And he scores!!!

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

It's not an opinion topic.  An opinion topic is something like art style.  The combat in Tera is more dynamic than GW2.

I'm not even hating on GW2, it's a fine game and the combat is good.  But the guy is straight up wrong.  He's arguing from a position of ignorance.

For some reason I can't fathom GW2 fanbois have to believe its better at everything.  It's not.  Tera is a better combat system.  It's really not a point of contention... just like GW2 storyline system is significantly better.  If I was to "opinion" that I thought Teras questing system is better, I'd be wrong... cause that would be a stupid ass opinion.  This is the same thing he's doing with combat.

So just to be clear, you are stating that it is a fact that Tera's combat is more dynamic than GW2?

Not your opinion, but a fact?

Furthermore, if you do not acknowledge this fact then you are ignorant?

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

Having played Tera to 50, and having more than a 3rd of my abilities like you did at 20 (oh WOW!).  You again, are wrong.  Play in the dungeons, solo a few higher level BAMs.  You don't know wtf your talking about.

Note you didn't meantion your experince (characters) in GW2 (i am betting there is a reason for this). Also i have a 32 in tera as max and  played up to 28 in gw2.

But like i said i played multiple classes in both to get a better understand of the play style of the different classes (not just one, in ONE game to make my decision) . Basiclly if you just play with 2-3 weapons sets on one or 2 classes in Gw2 your missing quite abit of the varity of abilities the game has. But really thats not the issue the issue is how deep the combat in GW2 is after you understand it... it took me 2 character to 16 ish before i started to understand.... and almost no review i have seen yet even gets close to understand how combat in gw2 works (because they never mention how to correctly play.. or just spam abilities on cd when watching them).

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by ictown

sorry but i rather play tsw over this piece of misogynistic slandering pedo game.

guess what, thats my opinion and im entitled to it.

You do realize TSW has a female NPC blowing your character in the intro prologue for the Dragon faction, right?  If your going to spin nonsense, atleast don't be a hypocrite.

And he scores!!!

Yeah I liked that bit too lol

Originally posted by Charlizzard

So just to be clear, you are stating that it is a fact that Tera's combat is more dynamic than GW2?

I stopped listening to him when he said "Tera is a better combat system.  It's really not a point of contention".

Disagreeing with that doesn't make me a GW2 fangirl.  It makes me someone who knows the difference between opinion and fact.

I stopped listening to him when he said "Tera is a better combat system.  It's really not a point of contention".

Disagreeing with that doesn't make me a GW2 fangirl.  It makes me someone who knows the difference between opinion and fact.

You're still wrong. 

You're still wrong. 

I don't remember giving an opinion.  Am I wrong about knowing the difference between fact and opinion?  Keep on trollin' and for pity's sake, crack open a dictionary.

Originally posted by killion81

Originally posted by sanshi44

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Originally posted by sanshi44

GW2 combat is more action based than tera when you look into it. Played a caster in tera and there is no action involved at all. you cant realy moved about due 2 movment locked when doing an animation, no dodging, you cant miss because projectiles home in on the target all you need to do is have cross hairs on the target when you hit a button after that doesnt matter where the mob move to or when you put ur cursor once u hit that button its garanteed to hit no matter what unless your shooting at somthing with dodge like a warrior. While Guildwars 2 your shots can be intercapted, dodged by anyone, obstructed in mid flight, you can move with almsot every skill some of the more powerful ones requir you to be stationary to allow people to dodge, tera you cant tank and spank mobs to death like WoW, in tera you can solo elite mobs quite easily.

I could go on but ima leave it here.

Never play this game have you? and projectile don't hom sorry its not GW2. Ya exactly same in Tera exact our don't hom like GW2, and hell easier to dodge than GW2. I think at the last sentence you starting to understand how wrong the start was lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDVYKmXcc3k

11seconds, 16 seconds, 29/30/31 seconds. Spell follows the mob. Tera is basicly cast a spell when cross hair and on the mob and it will hit it no matter what.

The mana regenerating "standard attack" on a few classes (mystic and sorcerer as far as I know) will hit if you fire while the target is within the cross hairs.  Considering the importance of mana to these classes and the incredibly low damage of the "standard attack", I'm fine with the way it works.  You're not going to kill someone in PVP using that attack.  None of the attacks that matter (and do any real damage) will home in on a target.

Edit: Archer's "standard attack" may also home in.  Not sure.

Acctually these games are rather similar. Tab targeting is Easier than teras' aim.

But do note agian both games have abilities that home (a few from tera, a few from Gw2 [mostly insta cast/no travel abilities], not many of these for both games)

Both sinlge target or area abilities are avoidable if you just trun and run the other way in BOTH GAMES.

Gw2 has a good deal (1/2-1/4 [more often 1/4, becuase of melee but then agian maybe these count also] of abilities depending on class/weapon /etc) that must be aimed. These are avoidable.

GW2 also give every class dodge that allows movement and dodge of many single target abilities, tera has dodge on a few characters that does movement (better or worse... w/e). But some aoes cannot be dodge in gw2 other than by the movement aspect (ie you better move).

Both games have many abilities that deal with class mobility, 2-handed sword wirlwind forward exist in both games, lungles and teleport backwards as part of attacks, giant rushes foarward, GW2 has many attack that massivley boost walk speed for a short duration many are area based, etc.

Now whats better or not... i don't know , i do know that gw2 has no animation lock is far more mobile and fast paced (and thats a fact just based on the systems they have developed) and i generally find this to be the trump card with combat.  

• KonyakZeroKonyakZero Member CommonPosts: 48

Yep.  Opinions that are clearly bred of ignorance are wrong.  You're free to have them, you're free to ramble on about your opinion being your opinion, but you're still wrong.

Someone's opinion bred of ignorance doesn't make your opinion fact. It just makes it more credible. But that's just hypothetical because your opinion is so skewed it makes the guy with the "ignorant opinion" look intelligent. In this case, I'm right and you're wrong. Whether you accept it or not is irrelevant because you're still wrong. At this point, you're just deluding yourself. Have a good day.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

MMORPG.COM, I blame you for all of these. You paved the way with that silly featured piece. You guys trolled more people than anyone here combined!

I hope you guys gave yourselves a warning for that one :p

Originally posted by KonyakZero

Someone's opinion bred of ignorance doesn't make your opinion fact. It just makes it more credible. 

You got that much right, thats about as much as I can hope for on these forums from a GW fanboi. Have a good day yourself.

• sapheroithsapheroith Member Posts: 116

Yep.  Opinions that are clearly bred of ignorance are wrong.  You're free to have them, you're free to ramble on about your opinion being your opinion, but you're still wrong.

And that's your opinion.

WOW: The Most Well Known Non-Free Non-Browser Client-Based 3D Fantasy MMORPG In Some Parts of the World.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by omegadethh7

This is why you should play Tera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfaCo6NOiEQ&feature=plcp

lol thats really true action xDDD