Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Best Reason to Go with TERA Over GW2...

Comments

• rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by sanshi44

Dont tell me they dont hom in the first place then, when clearly they do, Also fixed my spelling mistake i put in an early post.

Most lvling in tera is basicly pull 20 mobs and aoe them down and you still have most of your HP good luck doing that in GW2.

GL doing that in Tera unless your  kiting.... 3 mobs stand still and your dead. later one 1 mob stand skill and your dead. and no the basically attack don't hom, the basic attack have a large hit box and pretty fast which is why it feel like it homs but it doesn't. aside from lock on, no idea how many time my sorc friend missed skill because the monster won't stop moving.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Having played both now, the graphics and combat definitely favor Tera. Everything else goes to GW2. Combat is pretty frickin huge for me though, so it's way closer than it sounds.

Originally posted by killion81

Originally posted by rexzshadow

Originally posted by deziwright

plenty of reasons for many to chose tera over gw2. mainly gw2 combat is bland. tera has brought action gameplay to mmorpgs unlike other failed attempts at doing so. Personally i will play both games. Tera for the PvE and GW2 for the pvp.

GW2 combat is more action based than tera when you look into it. Played a caster in tera and there is no action involved at all. you cant realy moved about due 2 movment locked when doing an animation, no dodging, you cant miss because projectiles home in on the target all you need to do is have cross hairs on the target when you hit a button after that doesnt matter where the mob move to or when you put ur cursor once u hit that button its garanteed to hit no matter what unless your shooting at somthing with dodge like a warrior. While Guildwars 2 your shots can be intercapted, dodged by anyone, obstructed in mid flight, you can move with almsot every skill some of the more powerful ones requir you to be stationary to allow people to dodge, tera you can tank and spank mobs to death like WoW, in tera you can solo elite mobs quite easily.

I could go on but ima leave it here.

Never play this game have you? and projectile don't hom sorry its not GW2. Ya exactly same in Tera exact our don't hom like GW2, and hell easier to dodge than GW2. I think at the last sentence you starting to understand how wrong the start was lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDVYKmXcc3k

11seconds, 16 seconds, 29/30/31 seconds. Spell follows the mob. Tera is basicly cast a spell when cross hair and on the mob and it will hit it no matter what.

The mana regenerating "standard attack" on a few classes (mystic and sorcerer as far as I know) will hit if you fire while the target is within the cross hairs.  Considering the importance of mana to these classes and the incredibly low damage of the "standard attack", I'm fine with the way it works.  You're not going to kill someone in PVP using that attack.  None of the attacks that matter (and do any real damage) will home in on a target.

Edit: Archer's "standard attack" may also home in.  Not sure.

Dont tell me they dont hom in the first place then, when clearly they do, Also fixed my spelling mistake i put in an early post.

Most lvling in tera is basicly pull 20 mobs and aoe them down and you still have most of your HP good luck doing that in GW2.

You mean in the mob pulls that are specifically designed to be AoE packs? You aren't doing that with normal mobs. GTFO with your nonsense.
  • PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

Does GW2 and Tera have to compete in every thread?

Tera is out and GW2 is not. I LOVE GW2, but the honest truth is Tera may be the only game that can possibly sate me until it comes out......

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

The problem with Asian games is that you haven't even scratched the surface until you've played the game for atleast a month.

Most of these uneducated opinions are based on few hours/days of beta gameplay. Tera gets gradually harder and more fun as your progress in the game. For an experienced gamer it's not THAT hard though. I've played 41 levels of mystic and only died once due to a lagged AoE from a boss (was standing outside the AoE and still got oneshotted).

In the question Tera VS GW2 it's all about personal preferance and the hours you tend to put in online games. Tera is better for those who enojy endgame/grinding/putting lot of hours in. While GW2 rewards casuals a lot better with easier levelling/zerg to win/"endgame"/cash shop. Also Tera's combat system might be too much for some casual gamers, it requires you to master the mouse and the keyboard. Keyboard turning and mouse clicking for skills doesn't work in Tera.

Originally posted by Purgatus

Does GW2 and Tera have to compete in every thread?

Tera is out and GW2 is not. I LOVE GW2, but the honest truth is Tera may be the only game that can possibly sate me until it comes out......

Well TSW, AA, and B&S lack any real information to be brought in. Also GW2 fans had the track record of comparing GW2 to every currently out.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

...Right Now.

It's not because TERA is any better of a game or can provide any more entertainment.  It's not because of gameplay or graphics.  It's not because of a subscription versus cash shop, or BAMs or quest hubs or whatever else you want to throw in here.

It's because TERA is already out.  I have enjoyed both TERA and GW2 so far.  However, I know I can log on to TERA right now, yet I have no idea when I'll get to play GW2 again.  I'm not saying don't buy GW2 when it releases or that it will provide any less entertainment than TERA.  I AM saying, would you rather have fun now and more fun later or just fun later?

If the box price + sub is an issue for you, then maybe it is a better idea to wait if you believe you will prefer GW2 or if the pricing model will work better for you.  Otherwise, if the cost isn't going to hurt, I would recommend at least giving it a try.  Can't go wrong with two fun games instead of one fun game.

I honestly came here hoping someone posted a reason for me to give Tera another shot. So far it's been mostly just back and forth about TERA vs. GW2.

I don't like TERA's traditional questing system, it's boring to me. Others still like this type of questing system, I've simply moved on.

I don't like the combat in Tera, while I like it more than whats become traditional it still feels closer to traditional than the combat in GW2. It feels slower than GW2 and less action based. It feels bland but looks over exaggerated which is mildly confusing lol, not sure how both can be true at once.

So sadly it will take more than "It's out NOW!" for me to be interested in TERA. If there is some burried gem that is there to pull me and others in then please do post it as many would like to have something fun to tide us over until GW2 launches. But this thread failed to delivered.

In any case, I hope you and others are enjoying TERA. It's just not my type of game. Your opinions are likely to differ from mine, I can respect that so all I ask is for you to simply keep in mind this post was nothing more than my opinions and to respect that.

• AzmodaiAzmodai Member UncommonPosts: 154

plenty of reasons for many to chose tera over gw2. mainly gw2 combat is bland. tera has brought action gameplay to mmorpgs unlike other failed attempts at doing so. Personally i will play both games. Tera for the PvE and GW2 for the pvp.

GW2 combat is more action based than tera when you look into it. Played a caster in tera and there is no action involved at all. you cant realy moved about due 2 movment locked when doing an animation, no dodging, you cant miss because projectiles home in on the target all you need to do is have cross hairs on the target when you hit a button after that doesnt matter where the mob move to or when you put ur cursor once u hit that button its garanteed to hit no matter what unless your shooting at somthing with dodge like a warrior. While Guildwars 2 your shots can be intercapted, dodged by anyone, obstructed in mid flight, you can move with almsot every skill some of the more powerful ones requir you to be stationary to allow people to dodge, tera you can tank and spank mobs to death like WoW, in tera you can solo elite mobs quite easily.

Never play this game have you? and projectile don't hom sorry its not GW2. Ya exactly same in Tera exact our don't hom like GW2, and hell easier to dodge than GW2. I think at the last sentence you starting to understand how wrong the start was lol.

11seconds, 16 seconds, 29/30/31 seconds. Spell follows the mob. Tera is basicly cast a spell when cross hair and on the mob and it will hit it no matter what.

The mana regenerating "standard attack" on a few classes (mystic and sorcerer as far as I know) will hit if you fire while the target is within the cross hairs.  Considering the importance of mana to these classes and the incredibly low damage of the "standard attack", I'm fine with the way it works.  You're not going to kill someone in PVP using that attack.  None of the attacks that matter (and do any real damage) will home in on a target.

unbelievable.... Pulling 3 Mobs in TERA usually means death to A sorcerer and No class can just AOE 20 mobs dont be stupid, not even 10 or bearly 5. I know you don't like TERA because you like GW2 and not because you played TERA but do you really think that your lies will work on people who played the game? try again please this is pretty sad to watch.

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

...Right Now.

It's not because TERA is any better of a game or can provide any more entertainment.  It's not because of gameplay or graphics.  It's not because of a subscription versus cash shop, or BAMs or quest hubs or whatever else you want to throw in here.

It's because TERA is already out.  I have enjoyed both TERA and GW2 so far.  However, I know I can log on to TERA right now, yet I have no idea when I'll get to play GW2 again.  I'm not saying don't buy GW2 when it releases or that it will provide any less entertainment than TERA.  I AM saying, would you rather have fun now and more fun later or just fun later?

If the box price + sub is an issue for you, then maybe it is a better idea to wait if you believe you will prefer GW2 or if the pricing model will work better for you.  Otherwise, if the cost isn't going to hurt, I would recommend at least giving it a try.  Can't go wrong with two fun games instead of one fun game.

I honestly came here hoping someone posted a reason for me to give Tera another shot. So far it's been mostly just back and forth about TERA vs. GW2.

I don't like TERA's traditional questing system, it's boring to me. Others still like this type of questing system, I've simply moved on.

I don't like the combat in Tera, while I like it more than whats become traditional it still feels closer to traditional than the combat in GW2. It feels slower than GW2 and less action based. It feels bland but looks over exaggerated which is mildly confusing lol, not sure how both can be true at once.

So sadly it will take more than "It's out NOW!" for me to be interested in TERA. If there is some burried gem that is there to pull me and others in then please do post it as many would like to have something fun to tide us over until GW2 launches. But this thread failed to delivered.

In any case, I hope you and others are enjoying TERA. It's just not my type of game. Your opinions are likely to differ from mine, I can respect that so all I ask is for you to simply keep in mind this post was nothing more than my opinions and to respect that.

Play to a higher level, and use a faster paced class (ie archer, warrior, slayer). Once you start to have more skills and combos, the speed of combat picks up tremendously.
  • SoraksisSoraksis Member UncommonPosts: 294

Originally posted by GoldenArrow

The problem with Asian games is that you haven't even scratched the surface until you've played the game for atleast a month.

Most of these uneducated opinions are based on few hours/days of beta gameplay. Tera gets gradually harder and more fun as your progress in the game. For an experienced gamer it's not THAT hard though. I've played 41 levels of mystic and only died once due to a lagged AoE from a boss (was standing outside the AoE and still got oneshotted).

In the question Tera VS GW2 it's all about personal preferance and the hours you tend to put in online games. Tera is better for those who enojy endgame/grinding/putting lot of hours in. While GW2 rewards casuals a lot better with easier levelling/zerg to win/"endgame"/cash shop. Also Tera's combat system might be too much for some casual gamers, it requires you to master the mouse and the keyboard. Keyboard turning and mouse clicking for skills doesn't work in Tera.

That right there is the reason why Tera cannot compete with GW2 at all.  I should not have to play it for a month before it starts to become fun.  It should be fun right off the get go.  Which is why GW2 wins in every debate about Tera vs. GW2.  Tera takes a month and about 40 levels before it starts to get challenging and fun.  GW2 starts off that way.

Originally posted by Soraksis

That right there is the reason why Tera cannot compete with GW2 at all.  I should not have to play it for a month before it starts to become fun.  It should be fun right off the get go.  Which is why GW2 wins in every debate about Tera vs. GW2.  Tera takes a month and about 40 levels before it starts to get challenging and fun.  GW2 starts off that way.

Doesn't take a month or lvl 40 to start been fun. You either like it by lvl 20 or you don't like the game, and thats about 8hrs tops. Also i rather play a game that last rather that one for instant enjoyment but doesn't late. Also GW2 is artifically challenging.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Also GW2 is artifically challenging.

I don't know what this means...

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Doesn't take a month or lvl 40 to start been fun. You either like it by lvl 20 or you don't like the game, and thats about 8hrs tops. Also i rather play a game that last rather that one for instant enjoyment but doesn't late. Also GW2 is artifically challenging.

What the hell? lol

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Veeshan22Veeshan22 Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Azmodai

unbelievable.... Pulling 3 Mobs in TERA usually means death to A sorcerer and No class can just AOE 20 mobs dont be stupid, not even 10 or bearly 5. I know you don't like TERA because you like GW2 and not because you played TERA but do you really think that your lies will work on people who played the game? try again please this is pretty sad to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9eey4QKjOc

Here a slayer aoe killing 7-10 single pull mobs each time and only loosing 10% of her HP even though she take alot of the hits, if there were more mobs in the area she could prob take 20 if he wanted to since she was only loosing 10% hp on about half that.

• ictownictown Member Posts: 123

sorry but i rather play tsw over this piece of misogynistic slandering pedo game.

guess what, thats my opinion and im entitled to it.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by Veeshan22

Here a slayer aoe killing 7-10 single pull mobs each time and only loosing 10% of her HP even though she take alot of the hits, if there were more mobs in the area she could prob take 20 if he wanted to since she was only loosing 10% hp on about half that.

Yup.. that pretty much sums up my experience w/ the slayer. Granted, it's easier to do that as a slayer, than as some of the other classes, but not by much. Even a sorc can do that if they aren't horrible, and they are squishy as hell. To make it even easier, HP pots in this game make it pretty tough to die, even if you do screw up.

Originally posted by Charlizzard

Also GW2 is artifically challenging.

I don't know what this means...

Ya... WTF does 'artificially challenging' even mean? I'm really curious about that one.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by Veeshan22

You know there are quests/encounteres that are more dangerous? Espeically the higer you go. Heck, I was running a tank and had to go back one at a time for these three brothers mounted on some beasts. They sucked my energy, knocked me down and took swaths of health.

Let's not judge the entire game by a few videos meant to showcase the aoe capabilities of a class.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249

Say what? I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. I would say the opposite if anything. I find the combat in GW2 to be more dynamic and always changing whereas Tera does do the action gameplay, but barely.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Yeah, I've heard plenty of people on this forum say that Tera isn't fun until you get upwards of lvl 20, even 30 before it becomes challenging.  That's not "artifically challenging" to you?  It's a huge load of shit that I have to play any game for 30 levels before I'm tested, and I'm not talking about a couple roaming BAMS.  Where's this so-called challenge in Tera?  And why shouldn't a game be rewarding as soon as you start playing?  And why does any of this mean GW2 won't "last"?  So many questions, so few answers.

Originally posted by ictown

sorry but i rather play tsw over this piece of misogynistic slandering pedo game.

guess what, thats my opinion and im entitled to it.

You do realize TSW has a female NPC blowing your character in the intro prologue for the Dragon faction, right?  If your going to spin nonsense, atleast don't be a hypocrite.

Originally posted by Zetsuei

Say what? I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. I would say the opposite if anything. I find the combat in GW2 to be more dynamic and always changing whereas Tera does do the action gameplay, but barely.

having played both, you would be wrong

Originally posted by Eir_S

Yeah, I've heard plenty of people on this forum say that Tera isn't fun until you get upwards of lvl 20, even 30 before it becomes challenging.  That's not "artifically challenging" to you?  It's a huge load of shit that I have to play any game for 30 levels before I'm tested, and I'm not talking about a couple roaming BAMS.  Where's this so-called challenge in Tera?  And why shouldn't a game be rewarding as soon as you start playing?  And why does any of this mean GW2 won't "last"?  So many questions, so few answers.

It takes like 8 hours to hit 20..  If they made the game challenging before that it would probably overwhelm people that are getting use to the controls.  I don't know how many times I've been soloing a BAM only to have a couple guys at 20 team up with me and then immediantly die because they still haven't grasped the combat system.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Draemos

Having played 3 classes to 20 in each game i would say your deffinately wrong.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Having played both, he would be right.  See, I can do it too.

Originally posted by Jetrpg

Having played 3 classes to 20 in each game i would say your deffinately wrong.

Having played Tera to 50, and having more than a 3rd of my abilities like you did at 20 (oh WOW!).  You again, are wrong.  Play in the dungeons, solo a few higher level BAMs.  You don't know wtf your talking about.