Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's hope for the best!...

ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

I hope they won't rush this MMORPG and make it right with tons of contents, like The Elder Scrolls series...

*cheer and I can't wait!*

Now playing : FFXIV
Waiting on : TBD
Best MMORPGs played : EQ, FFXI

Comments

• robhyp10robhyp10 Member Posts: 13

Before Christmas I felt like there was nothing to play.  With Tera, guild wars, secret worlds, and [insert] what I dont know.  The mmo world is certainly looking up!

• baso80baso80 Member Posts: 95
    Please let this game not be the next warhammer online!!!
  • ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

Originally posted by baso80

Please let this game not be the next warhammer online!!!

Agreed!

• Mystic_FuzzMystic_Fuzz Member UncommonPosts: 36

I won't lie, my pants are a little wet. I just hope that it isn't rushed out the door. I wonder how long they have been working on it? I read a while back they were working with Mythic secretly which drown any hope I had about them putting out a decent MMO, but who knows? Maybe they will put out a great product.

Ultima Online
    Mystic of The Fallen Lords (Pacific 98-01)
    Mystic of Catskills (03 - 08)

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Let's toast on it, lest they don't make a reinvented themepark out of it like so many other promising titles recently.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You heard wrong

The head of zenimax online is Matt frior, who was the less pvp designer on daoc (the greatest mmo ever). He quit mythic because he didn't like the wow like direction daoc was taking with toa.
  • LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Fingers crossed ...

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• I hope they can preserve the Elder Scrolls gameplay we all know and love and don't have to reinvent the wheel too much.

• chefdiablochefdiablo Member Posts: 202

This would be great as long as the mmo version of the world is as open and free to explore as the single player rpg is. Optimization for an mmo will be challenging for the development team due to the large amount of detail and interaction that we are used to.

I would love to play an MMO version of The Elder Scrolls as long as it does not get dumbed down to easy play mode in an effort to appeal to the masses. Online gamers generally have poor attention spans and seem to think every game should be designed with their wants, needs, and expectations in mind. That is a lot for any game developer to acheive let alone someone entering the MMO market for the first time.

I wish them luck and hope the Gods smile upon them.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

I don`t understand the WAR comments, let`s hope it`s the next DAOC. Forget WAR.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615

I wonder what minimum system specs will be needed hehe.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• ErhunErhun Member Posts: 170

I want to say there is no way they can mess this up unless they pull some stupid FFXIV ideas (but really what company would ever allow that to happen again), but at the same time I know it's possible. I'm just excited and will list what I am hoping for below. I completely expect the hype on this game to be above anything else ever released.

For the most part I'm expecting it to be as open as the single player games, if its not that would be very disappointing.

I can see the guilds being in the game as side things to do, a lot like they are in current TES games.

Open world PvP and free looting, I've never been a fan of this, but I really hope it's in this game, if not on every server at least allow some servers to do it.

I'm not sure how the combat will be used, knowing how 3, 4, and 5 combat is, it would be great to see something at the very least, similar to how it is on those if not the same.

Those are just a few of the things I'm hoping for.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Originally posted by ShakyMo

You heard wrong

The head of zenimax online is Matt frior, who was the less pvp designer on daoc (the greatest mmo ever). He quit mythic because he didn't like the wow like direction daoc was taking with toa.

You do realize that ToA released before WoW... Right? lol. And Matt Firor left around the time Mythic was bought by EA I think.

• djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

This game will be awesome if they don't try to reinvent the wheel. Just take what works in the MMO genre and do it well. Do the 3 faction PVP. Make tons of guided content. Add in social activities, skills, and purpose. Have hunting, fishing, trapping, exploring. Make it an open world with tons of things to do, not just questing, leveling, and PVP.

Don't try to do new things. I think you can have a monster hit on your hands if you just make a well-made game that caters to many playstyles.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Please please please copy some GW2 mechanics. (mainly mob tagging, crafting nodes, badass AH) Read a tiny bit  (less than a paragraph) about the combat system and it's going to have the endurance bar but not the real time combat like in older ES games. End will be used to attack, block, sprint etc. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. I really hope their quests stay awesome hopefully with their infinite quest generating system ala Skyrim Dark Brotherhood.

Have your collection quests but make them epic! Collecting nirnroots is a terribly simple task that was made epic by needing to travel to distant places to find them. Go go go!

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I hope for the best..

I however will be surprised if it surpasses the single player versions in entertainment  value.

• ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

I hope this won't be a care bear MMORPG too...