Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online: Elder Scrolls Online Revealed at Game Informer

Comments

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Don't know whether to be excited or herald in the apocalypse. So I am going with both. :)
  • DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

!!!

Let's just hope it will be a tad sandboxy. Dead tired of all the themepark reinventions.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Member UncommonPosts: 405
    i hope it will be a grt game but i dont think the way that oblivion and skyrim games are supposed to be online.... they will have to come up with something new

edit: nevermind. I meant Obsidian V_V

• NelothNeloth Member Posts: 249

Finally, tough expected :D

Lead by that DAoC guy so guess that makes many happy. 

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

OOhh I am so torn between excitement and trepidation. I am an old time elder scrolls follower and have seen the games transform over time into what we have today.  

I am hopeful that the depth of player choices that were given to us prior to Oblivion will make a comeback, but given the movement in MMORPG's towards a simplier approach, I am hesitant. 

But I will continue to maintain my hopeful optimism :)

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

"The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."

That right there squashes my hype :( 

Yep. replace "The Elder Scrolls" with "Star Wars" and it sounds just like what the arrogant, egotistical clowns at Bioware/EA said about SWTOR.

I also have no faith in anything Matt Frior (aka Mark Jacobs 2.0) says or does.

except for DAoC.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• Zen_BladeZen_Blade Member UncommonPosts: 106
    MMORPG.com Hypemeter for this will be over 9000....
  • musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

Originally posted by DarkPony

!!!

Let's just hope it will be a tad sandboxy. Dead tired of all the themepark reinventions.

For some reason, now when i hear about a Dev company that is known for their SPRPG's, stepping into the mmorpg genre, I throwup a little of the Bioware fail that is TOR. My gut feeling is that a Elder Scrolls mmo will be about the same as TOR even though it is set in a different setting. Until i can be proved wrong, i wouldn't touch this up and coming title with a ten foot pole.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Elswheyr, not Morrowind? or Summerset Isles...errr...ok or even Hammerfell? That is......random

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I just want to say: please make this good.
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

p.s. Zenimax is an ace studio in my book since FO:NV. The writing, story and environmental immersion of that game is much better than what I saw in Bethesda studio stuff (or better than any mmorpg for that matter) in my opinion.

Didn't most people say that about BW before SWTOR?image

• musicmannmusicmann Member UncommonPosts: 1,095

Originally posted by Zen_Blade

Nothing to do with this thread, but i like your icon pic. Better make sure Bruce Lee doesn't rise from the grave and come after you, lol.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by Wolvards

"The entire team is committed to creating the best MMO ever made – and one that is worthy of The Elder Scrolls franchise."

Yep. replace "The Elder Scrolls" with "Star Wars" and it sounds just like what the arrogant, egotistical clowns at Bioware/EA said about SWTOR.

except for DAoC.

Umm. I still dont understand why everyone hails DAOC as this great game. It was EQs retarded little brother.

Mythic botched that game every chance they got.

Release was shallow. Areas were removed for future expansions (Avalon). Dungeons werent itemized until weeks after release, Open World MoBs were the same static 3-5 we still see today.

They broke so many things with every patch

Their NERFS were extreme to say the least. They couldnt balance a plate on the floor

RvR was the only thing that was halfway good, but they didnt have doors on keeps for the longest time and it was a lag filled CC-/Mez/Root/Stun = DIE FEST

Darkness Falls sucked

DAOC was crap and Matt Frior was a major contributor to its suckiness

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Well the cries for an Elder Scrolls MMO have been answered, I wonder how long this has been in the works.

Either way its great news and I look forward to more :)

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

Well, it's theirs to screw up.

We'll see..

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Swtor definately has everyone cautious, they better make an awesome game that wows in beta or they will not even get the box sales Swtor did.

Originally posted by whisperwynd

p.s. Zenimax is an ace studio in my book since FO:NV. The writing, story and environmental immersion of that game is much better than what I saw in Bethesda studio stuff (or better than any mmorpg for that matter) in my opinion.

Didn't most people say that about BW before SWTOR?image

Where Bioware was known for their "Typical Bioware storytelling" (trademark symbol), The Elder Scrolls, Bethsoft and Zeni, are known for their good grasp of immersive, open world, single player, sandboxy games. It isn't hard to see that this fits my (and many other people's) mmorpg gloves a whole lot more.
  • BebbohBebboh Member Posts: 29
    Arggg.... I love the elder scroll series but why do they need to make it into  an MMO? Its so successfull now how it is.
  • NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

All I could think of was this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03C4tnCFEMQ

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• VocadiVocadi Member UncommonPosts: 205

As an aside, its interesting how adament Bethesda has previously been against a multiplayer option in their games. I recall phrasing such as "will never happen" and "single player focused" being used frequently.  But I refuse to be a pessimist.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by NaughtyP

All I could think of was this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03C4tnCFEMQ

I see it ending up like THIS- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvn9k8dnhjI

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• WolvardsWolvards Member Posts: 650

Originally posted by Wolvards

except for DAoC.

Umm. I still dont understand why everyone hails DAOC as this great game. It was EQs retarded little brother.

Mythic botched that game every chance they got.

Release was shallow. Areas were removed for future expansions (Avalon). Dungeons werent itemized until weeks after release, Open World MoBs were the same static 3-5 we still see today.

RvR was the only thing that was halfway good, but they didnt have doors on keeps for the longest time and it was a lag filled CC-/Mez/Root/Stun = DIE FEST

Darkness Falls sucked

DAOC was crap and Matt Frior was a major contributor to its suckiness

I'm not even going to argue with you, go back to what ever E-sport you play, you will be better there.

ESO has potential, just not for you.

The "Youtube Pro": Someone who watches video's on said subject, and obviously has a full understanding of what is being said about such subject.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    YES WOOOOOOT!!!!!
  • Zen_BladeZen_Blade Member UncommonPosts: 106

Originally posted by musicmann

Originally posted by Zen_Blade

Nothing to do with this thread, but i like your icon pic. Better make sure Bruce Lee doesn't rise from the grave and come after you, lol.

Thanks, Bruce is the man.  It's out of respect I use the crest of Jeet Kune Do.