Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sinister Swarm Gaming Community recruiting for GW2

bishop916bishop916 Member UncommonPosts: 49

- GW2 Chapter Leader: [ Legend ] -
- Focus: Organized PVP | Weekly Raid Groups | Social Activities | Multi-Gaming Community
- Region: NA Based PST/MST/CST/EST: Extremely Friendly to EU/Oceanic Time zones as well
- Server: TBD

For 12 years now, our community has withstood the test of time. Founded upon a higher set of standards, we continuously strive to provide our members with the most complete and rewarding gaming experience. We have made many accomplishments, but what we value more than anything are the relationships that we have built within our community. We have gone beyond your typical guild experience and are more of a family. It is our basic principles and these friendships that bind us together. While games come and go, and so many of the "hardcore" guilds crumble around us, the Sinister Swarm remains eternal!

The Sinister Swarm is a multi-platform gaming community with 12 years of gaming experience built into its tight-knit leadership. Through long hours and a great deal of dedication, the Sinister Swarm has grown into a well-respected and well-regarded community that has members still in it from the very beginning. The world "guild" no longer can describe what we have become over these years. We put the class back into gaming.

1999: Sinister Swarm’s original founding as SLAYER Clan for Team Fortress 2.
2000: Sinister Swarm moves to Everquest 1, our first MMO.
2002: Dark Age of Camelot, where we began our legacy spanning 8 years.
2005: Guild Wars, shedding blood conquering the battled fields.
2008: Age of Conan, having only spent a small time in Age of Conan, but our dedication was known server wide.
2008: Warhammer Online, once the Iron Rock guild of the week, Sinister Swarm was widely respected and feared alike during their reign.
2009: Aion, we moved on from Warhammer to Aion and continued our efforts.
2010: Global Agenda, Star Trek Online and World of Warcraft; with so many members and such a wide variety of tastes we spread our wings of dominance, we began not one but three branches of our interest in this year.
2011: Rift and Star Wars: The Old Republic, two promising new games, Rift a dynamic new game by Trion Worlds where we excuted both PVE and PVP dominance. And, Star Wars: The Old “Swarmpublic” which is currently still being played in wait for Guild Wars 2 release.
2012: TERA Online, led by Emperor Venom himself, not only the highest ranked gaming guild on the Jagged Coast server, but one of the most widely respected ones as well. Quickly becoming a force to be reckoned with server wide.
2012-XXXX: THE FUTURE. You are our future. With the Swarm Initiative invading Guild Wars 2 and many other games to come, we need strong and loyal members like you that can cultivate comradery, loyalty and friendships that will bind us together through the tough blood drenched days to come! World vs. World, structured PVP/PVE organized activities and more await us.

Here in the Swarm we range from casual family players to dedicated hardcore PvPers. Our main goal is to always have fun and meet new and interesting people. For our officers, it is both our duty and pleasure to help facilitate a positive and fun atmosphere for everyone, regardless of experience, rank or play style. We strictly refrain from engaging in open world debates/flaming, and instead choose to let our play speak for itself. Although reaching the top is important, we feel what really matters is how you get there. With hard work and commitment we can achieve anything, but at the end of the day it’s all about having fun, making friends and doing everything in our power to help our fellow Swarmers succeed. We expect that our members always demonstrate respect not only to our community, but to everyone in game. One of us represents all of us. Honor above all else.

12+ Years Gaming Experience.
Superb knowledge, understanding and passion for gaming.
Mature, Family Friendly and largely community-driven.
250+ Slot Ventrillo Server with 24/7 activity.
Dedicated, passionate leadership with a keen understanding of what is required to make guilds work and run smoothly on a large scale.
PvP/WvW/RvR/PVE, all walks of MMO life compacted and specialized within the Swarm!
Weekly Community Wide Swarm Events: PvE + PvP Tournaments, Contests, Social Activities and Challenges; this includes world events & dragon raids and so much more!
Zero Tolerance Policy

http://www.sinisterswarm.com/

Comments

• bishop916bishop916 Member UncommonPosts: 49

People are starting to see the greatness of The Swarm!

Welcome to our latest New Bee Quigley!

Here is a link to our Guild Wars 2 member applications forums. Come join us!

The Swarm would like to welcome the latest member to join our ranks ... Hail Eternity23!

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Cleaned up thread. This is a recruitment post and as such, is not the place to stir things up. If you have an issue with the organization please handle it outside here. Thanks. 

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

Thank you Amana.

Every once in a while decent folks selected to our group expect something other than the structure required to run a multi-game community such as the Sinister Swarm. No fault of their own; it just isn't a good fit. Sometimes there are sour grapes, which we as a rule do not engage. We appreciate you taking the time to address the situation.

...and to that I say :

"HAIL SWARM!"

- Lovecraft @ Sinister Swarm

Sinister swarm welcomes new members TracePike and FatPancake, recruited from this very thread!!!

People are starting to see the greatness of The Swarm!
    Our dedicated PvP team had a hand in Jade Quarry’s dominant BWE2 WvW performance this weekend! The screenshot below is indicative of how it went!

Here is a link to our Guild Wars 2 member applications forums. Come join us!

http://www.sinisterswarm.com/forums/...play.php?f=202

HAIL SWARM!

Members who have joined the Sinister Swarm to dominate Guild Wars 2 have taken to other gaming chapters pending release! The Swarm has a very active and successful TERA chapter and has Diablo 3 action happening right NOW! 

Don't stand on the sidelines waiting for A.Net to do something... Take action!  Join the Swarm and be ready for release! Server selection and strategy discussions coming soon!  Join now to have a voice in the formation of this exciting new chapter.

Here is a link to our Guild Wars 2 member applications forums. Please be sure to familiarize yourself by reading about our community before applying. Thank you for your interest.

Hail SWARM!

• VeprimVeprim Member Posts: 2

I joined Sinister Swarm about half a year ago and I and enjoyed playing games with them so much.  They make online play so much fun.

• SkysongsSkysongs Member Posts: 8

I would like to thank Tenacious from our Tera Alliance, stepping forward into Guild Wars 2 with us! A great step in cross gaming alliance! We hope strengthen our bonds and excel in everything Guild Wars 2 has to offer! May we play together for many games and years to come!

And also look forward to seeing all of our new members in the upcoming meeting! Hail Swarm!!!

Mature gaming community 12+ years strong!
    Serving casual and competitive players in PVE and PVP.

Home Page | Critical Info | Apply Now

• Dark_FateDark_Fate Member UncommonPosts: 20

The Sinister Swarm is preparing to take GW2 WvW by storm and we are looking for like-minded players who would like to be part of a well-organized, structured force led by experienced, seasoned PVPers!  We are a mature, multi-gaming community that has been around for 12+ years and still going strong!  We have active participation in game, forums and vent!  Please stop by our web site to see all that we have to offer! If you like what you see, you can apply directly online and we'll be happy to set up a meet & greet for you in  vent!

Hail Swarm!

Welcome to all our new members this week!

The Sinister Swarm is still looking for new members who share our vision to join our community!

We've been around for over 12 years and know how to do it right!  Please stop by our web site and see all that we have to offer - you'll be glad you did! You can apply directly online - be sure to ask about a Meet & Greet in vent!

Hail Swarm!

• Bubb_SINBubb_SIN Member Posts: 2

Sinister Swarm is always on the look out for great new members to become a part of our community.If your looking for a great place to call home in the mmo world,make friends, we are for you.If you would like to know more about us or would like to chat on our ventrillo server get a hold of any of us here we are happy to help!

Looking for a new gaming community to call home? Stop by our web site and see all that we have to offer! Fun, friendly members are waiting to welcome you ...

Originally posted by Dark_Fate

Looking for a new gaming community to call home? Stop by our web site and see all that we have to offer! Fun, friendly members are waiting to welcome you ...

...and more members are adding daily! In just the past week, we have had over 20 new recruits added to the GW2 Chapter of the Sinister Swarm alone. Don't be left out of one of the most prolific gaming communities in action. With over 12 years of experience, the Swarm continues to affect itself on the online gaming and MMO world!

Join now!

HAIL SWARM!

Hail Swarm! And a big WELCOME to all our new members!

The Sinister Swarm is growing daily and we are SO excited about GW2!!! Catch the fever! Join us as we prepare to take WvW by storm and be part of history in the making - this is truly a gaming community that you will call "HOME" and make friends here that will last from game to game and year to year!

Check us out here: www.SinisterSwarm.com

Email me here if you have any questions: [email protected]

• Bubb_SINBubb_SIN Member Posts: 2

Hey everyone and a huge welcome to our newest members that have joined the swarm community.If your looking for a great place to enjoy and have fun with a friendly atmosphere the swarm is for you.If you would like to know more about us visit our website or send any of us a message thanks !

The Sinister Swarm is always looking for more people to join our community! Why not stop by and have a look? When you join the Sinister Swarm you are not only part of a multi gaming community, your part of our family! From games to come and many many years! Enjoy the fun that comes with a guild that takes part in many games, and stop searching for a new guild every time a new game comes out!

We will also be having a GW2 meeting via vent Thursday July 19th 6:00 PM PST, if you would like to join in on this let me know :)

Originally posted by bishop916

...and more members are adding daily!

Make that approx 5 a day! 15 new members have joined since my last post 3 short days ago! We welcome the newest members to the Sinister Swarm community!

BWE3 meeting coming this week! Get in during the planning stages - Join now to get in on this EPIC chapter launch!

Hail Swarm!

Please stop by and visit our home page at www.SinisterSwarm.com to see our newly updated forums!

The Sinister Swarm is the home you've been looking for - a gaming community that is so much more than a guild - this is a place where you'll make friends that will last from year to year and game to game! We're a mature, well-organized and structured community that has been around for over 12 years with experienced leaders who will help you get the most out of any game, whether you are a casual or hard-core player, in PVP or PVE - we have something for everyone!

Be sure to join us for our pre-beta weekend meeting this Thursday at 6 PM PST via our Ventrillo server - you can find out more on our forums:

www.SinisterSwarm.com

Apply today!

Sinister Swarm Applications

Email me if you have any questions!

[email protected]

The Sininster Swarm is having a great time during this BWE!!! We'd love to have you come out and join us for more fun!  If you're looking for a mature, well-organized gaming community to call home, this is it! Please stop by our web-site at www.SinisterSwarm.com and see all that we have to offer - you'll be glad you did!

I look forward to you applying and having a "Meet & Greet" with you in vent!

If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]

Why wait???  Join the Sinister Swarm now, so you can get to know the awesome people you'll be playing with come launch!  And get in on the pre-launch planning, too!   Great things are happening here at the Swarm! Catch the excitement!!!

Stop by our website at www.SinisterSwarm.com to view our video and check out our forums!

You can apply online HERE and have have a Meet & Greet/Orientation in vent with friendly members who are waiting to welcome you :)

You'll be glad you did! :)

Hey everyone,

I want to let everyone know that starting tonight, at 6pm PST, our member Nitro Genicide will be gathering up people to participate in "runs" that will go towards your Hall of Monuments. These runs will go until the release of GW2, which in his case is August 25. Below is a complete copy of his plans and dates for the events, If you are intrested in taking part in these please let me know via a pm on this forum, or you can head on over to our forums, If you like how our guild works and want to tag along for GW2 feel free to drop off an Application. Hope to hear back from everyone!

Before I get to in depth, I will mention, some of these runs will take a good chunk of time.

With that said, I think it's reasonable, and easy enough, to begin with Hero Armor sets. To do these, we can do simple runs through challenge missions. Each set of armor you get is good for one hero and one point. To max out the Resilience track, you must upgrade the armor of 30 heroes. But we won't need to do this since we're not trying to max our HoMs.

The next best thing to do would be title hunting. There are a few titles that are simple and can be achieved within a days work. For instance; Legendary Survivor is possible to attain by doing roughly 15-20 runs with exp scrolls, which would be about 6-8 hours. The easiest titles, however; are the ones you get for completing campaigns. The first campaign can be rushed and completed in only a day's amount of time. The second would be Nightfall, which will take around 3-4 days. And the final would be Factions which we could complete in only a couple days.

I realize that they're might be a decent number of people wishing to do some of these runs. I have constructed a rather rough schedule of what we will be doing each night. It goes as follows:

~Week 1~

Tonight (07/27): Introduce players to the game mechanics (new players) and explain, in full detail, my plans for the next few weeks.
    Saturday Night - Monday Night (07/28-07/30): Begin Prophecies campaign run groups. These will continue until Tuesday night when we begin running through the Nightfall campaign.
    Tuesday Night - Friday Night (07/31-08/03): Finish Prophecies campaign, help anyone who got a late start. Begin Nightfall campaign.

~Week 2~

Saturday Night - Monday Night (08/04-08/06): Finish Nightfall campaign. Same as above. Begin work on Factions campaign.
    Tuesday Night - Thursday Night (08/07-08/09): Finish Factions campaign. Begin preparations for vague title hunting, such as Legendary Survivor, Eternal Conqueror of the Underworld, Fissure of Woe, Sorrows Furnace, The Deep etc. Further details will be given at the meeting tonight.

~Week 3~

Friday Night - Sunday Night (08/10-8/12): Continue title hunting groups with the addition of Hero Armor runners in a separate channel to themselves.
    Monday Night - Wednesday (08/13-08/15): We continue work on the Hero Armor runs, while also adding some farming groups to the picture for resources used to fund the financial situation involved with the HoM runs.
    Thursday Night - Friday Night (08/16-08/17): Make up days. We will be using these days to catch any members caught out of the loop in previous weeks. I will strive to help anyone and everyone I can during these 2 days.

~Week 4~

Saturday Night - Monday Night (08/18-08/08/20): I have allocated this time for the re-visitation of missions in the campaigns. I will be forming groups that will go over any missions that were not done, including the bonuses. I will explain what this means at the end of this post. **
    Tuesday Night - Friday Night (08/21-08/24): With only one day before the launch of GW2, I will use this time for any members that need assistance with any titles, missions, or runs and assure that you get as much done as possible.

To wrap it all up...
    The schedule that I provided may not be fully accurate to the day, but it does come close. This also may not seem like much, but there is a bunch of things we can do in between each allotted time space. I look forward to gaming with everyone soon.

**Missions are essentially graded by the tasks you perform in each. You are given bonus objective in addition to the main mission objectives. If you complete all additional mission objectives, you receive what is called the Master's Reward on that mission, which then goes towards the Protector title track, which will be easy if we do this when we run through the campaigns.

Wow - it's great that Nitro is heading up these Hall of Monuments runs to get unlocks for folks before GW2 launches!

We're really getting very excited and can't wait to start playing GW2! If you're looking for a mature, organized gaming community to join NOW so that you can start off the game with a bang, then hop on over to our forum at www.SinisterSwarm.com and apply today!

It's much more fun to play with like-minded members who just love the game and like to have fun in a drama-free environment. We're forming up leveling groups now so that no one will feel left out on day one! Whether you're a casual player or a dedicated PVP'er, everyone has a place here at the Swarm - come find yours!

Hail Swarm!

The Sinister Swarm is still looking for like-minded members to join us for the launch of GW2!

We're a mature, multi-gaming community that's been around for over 12 years and offers a drama-free, family friendly environment for casual players to serious PVP'ers!

We're competitive and strive to be the best we can be, but we don't sacrifice honor and respect along the way. While we do take winning seriously, we like to have fun in the process!

It's not just about the game for us - it's about the people! You'll make friends here that will carry over from game to game and year to year! You'll be more than just a number or another name on the roster here. Our members get to know each other through in-game, forum, and vent participation, as well as live meetups.

With well over 100 members in our GW2 chapter ready & excited for launch, we are selective about who we add to our community - but there's always room for more who share our vision and goals.

If this is what you're looking for, please visit our website and apply today!  This could be the home you've been searching for :)

We have exciting news!

The Sinister Swarm has decided to make the Blackgate server our new home for GW2!  We'd like to invite you to join us there as we embark on this epic new chapter together!

We're really excited about GW2 and we've been having regular meetings to organize and make plans for PVP/WvW (in addition to our regular war band, we'll have 2 specialized sub-groups) as well as PVE!  Members are already signing up for leveling groups, so no one will be left behind or find themselves starting out alone!

So far, we have over 200 confirmed members who will be starting with us from our community - as well as some strong alliances with other awesome guilds!

It's not too late to join us!  Visit our home page at www.SinisterSwarm.com to learn more and Apply Today here: http://www.sinisterswarm.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=202

Just wanting to let everyone know we are really having a lot of Guild wars 2! a lot of great dun and friendly people have been coming to our community, and its been a lot of fun getting to know everyone. We recently have a Guild wars 2 meeting and had a very big turn out, it was a lot of fun and very exciting.

The sinister swarm is always recruiting! And because we are a multi gaming community, you are not just limited to one game, we have many open chapter from Guild wars 2 , Tera, Star trek online, Star wars the old republic and a few more. We also have many members that play on Steam if you are ever needing a break from anything :)

Feel free to check us out! www.sinisterswarm.com