Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Launch Day Trailer

2»

Comments

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

The questing killed the game for me..  Its just sooooooo yawn-worthy.  Whoever designed the quests doesn't posses one creative brain cell, let alone an imagination.  The game does pick up after lvl20 when Bams make an appearance and you hit your first dungeon though.  The combat is very good as well.

Also very good is the eye-candy and the shear amount of work thats gone into creating and modelling the mobs..

Again, I cant stand the utterley bland quests.  Shame really.

~Wolf

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Originally posted by Wolfhammer

The questing killed the game for me..  Its just sooooooo yawn-worthy.  Whoever designed the quests doesn't posses one creative brain cell, let alone an imagination.  The game does pick up after lvl20 when Bams make an appearance and you hit your first dungeon though.  The combat is very good as well.

Also very good is the eye-candy and the shear amount of work thats gone into creating and modelling the mobs and world.

Again, I cant stand the utterley bland quests though.  Shame really.

~Wolf

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Quite nice trailer. The game is rather entertaining at this point, and these days, that all I really care about.  By the way, the game uses the standard WASD movement system thats become standard. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • tatsumitatsumi Member Posts: 5

Combat system in TERA is where the next generation of MMO games will go, they are fun, you don't get those drowzy moments from the turn based games and most important is not a game where the gear it's the only thing that matters, you need to be skilled to develop any role properly and that is nice, games should always try to develop our skills and reflexes while we have fun and in my opinion TERA does that in a very good way i have a lot of fun killing BAMs even with the annoying ones that doesn't stay in a single place for 5 seconds.

Btw gear is not the most important thing but it's still necessaryi your gear lvl need to be a minimum value in order to enter the dungeon queues so it's we can say that a blanced mix of gear and skill will make you succeed with your adventures in TERA.

• Kahuna80Kahuna80 Member UncommonPosts: 10

If they do a free 7 day trial or something like that I might give the game a try, can't really see buying it w/o behing able to play it first though, this isn't one of those games that was a must have for me and I'm not willing to spend the buy price if it turns out I'll just hate it anyway.

I'm not like some people though, I don't actually have to be willing to stay with the game for years and years for me to buy an MMO.  If I can have fun with it for 6 months or so, that at least  makes it a reasonable investment for me.  Now if I'm going to cancel within the free 30 days, well then I would prefer to just not waste my money. 

So, if ever they offer a free trial, then I'll see if this game is something I can play for a while, though when GW2 comes out it won't matter as I'll be playing that.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Kahuna80

If they do a free 7 day trial or something like that I might give the game a try, can't really see buying it w/o behing able to play it first though, this isn't one of those games that was a must have for me and I'm not willing to spend the buy price if it turns out I'll just hate it anyway.

I'm not like some people though, I don't actually have to be willing to stay with the game for years and years for me to buy an MMO.  If I can have fun with it for 6 months or so, that at least  makes it a reasonable investment for me.  Now if I'm going to cancel within the free 30 days, well then I would prefer to just not waste my money. 

So, if ever they offer a free trial, then I'll see if this game is something I can play for a while, though when GW2 comes out it won't matter as I'll be playing that.

They had an open beta anyone could try

They had 5 closed betas that this website had thousands of keys to give away to try the game out on.

If you have not 'tried' it yet, you simply didn't put in any effort to do so.

Which is all on you.

Originally posted by marz.at.play

In the video it says: Ever Changing Endgame...can anyone elaborate exactly how it's everchanging?

The Political system is ever changing.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

If you like a typical MMO, from the last 7 years, with a little twist in the combat, then sure, but compared to GW2, it s a big step backwards. I wouldn t even bother especially if you plan to play GW2.

Originally posted by Leucent

If you like a typical MMO, from the last 7 years, with a little twist in the combat, then sure, but compared to GW2, it s a big step backwards. I wouldn t even bother especially if you plan to play GW2.

Well if you like a typical mmo, from the last 7 years, with a little twist in the combat and quests, then sure, but compared to TERA, its a big step backwards.  I wouldn't even bother especially since TERA is already available.

See what I did there?

Yeah, notice how you didn't provide any details at all, neither did I, both statements are equally valid.

Yay for non descriptive non informative opinion statements!

• midoubanmidouban Member Posts: 1

love it

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Originally posted by Laughing-man

Well if you like a typical mmo, from the last 7 years, with a little twist in the combat and quests, then sure, but compared to TERA, its a big step backwards.  I wouldn't even bother especially since TERA is already available.

See what I did there?

Yeah, notice how you didn't provide any details at all, neither did I, both statements are equally valid.

Yay for non descriptive non informative opinion statements!

Lol, what else is there to say. IMO thats really all there is to say, Tera is a typical quest hub, lead you on rails MMO, which we ve seen for the last 7 years. I could go on and on and on, but you fanbois would pick apart every last word of my opinion. Which in turn means my description is completely different from yours so whats the point of going on and on. Hence opinions.

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Lol, what else is there to say. IMO thats really all there is to say, Tera is a typical quest hub, lead you on rails MMO, which we ve seen for the last 7 years. I could go on and on and on, but you fanbois would pick apart every last word of my opinion. Which in turn means my description is completely different from yours so whats the point of going on and on. Hence opinions.

no your right.  the actual quests themselves are pretty typical.  Whats different are the mobs you fight, the way you fight and the way they fight back.

Quests in mmo's will never change, and actually they never change in any game.

This coupled with the high quality graphics and animations really do make this a real gem amongst other mmo's

• SmokeysongSmokeysong Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by Elikal

I was in beta, and early on I wanted to buy this. But later on they raised the difficulty so the mobs make their special attacks way more often, and it just wasn't relaxing anymore, and too much of a hassle with constant blocking, circling and dodging. It was ok at first, but just too uncool later with the raised speed of combat. *shrug*

That actually sounds good to me.

I don't play a game to "relax" like I'm sitting back drinking a beer and watching TV, I play a game to be involved and challenged. "Relaxed" gaming is boring gaming - for me, it isn't even gaming.

;)

Have played: Everquest, Asheron's Call, Horizons, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall

• wgc01wgc01 Member UncommonPosts: 241

Nice trailer, hope Tera fans enjoy the game.. I am gona pass on anything new thats sword and board fantasy, really burned out them..