Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

6th Character class to be revealed and added before launch *look*

nomatics856nomatics856 Member UncommonPosts: 219

http://us.battle.net/en/int?r=d3

The blizzard splash screen for all the information about the classes being released until the launch day of diablo 3, each class fills a bubble, there are five classes, but 7 bubbles, one bubble is filled with the diablo 3 release date, that leaves a mysterious bubble unfilled.

Possible that it may be a 6th class, the devs said Diablo 3 would recieve some extremely shocking news before its released, two top devs have been saying there is not 6th class out of no where, almost sarcastically on the offical forums,

A 6th class can have internal testing to rid of bugs, just because players are not playing it does not mean it can not be tested and bug free by the devs/blizzard employees.

If it is a new class, its either a shield user or a Shape Shifter.

Comments

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832
    Well.. Paladin missing.. i am sure many would like to play as a Paladin.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Originally posted by nomatics856

http://us.battle.net/en/int?r=d3

The blizzard splash screen for all the information about the classes being released until the launch day of diablo 3, each class fills a bubble, there are five classes, but 7 bubbles, one bubble is filled with the diablo 3 release date, that leaves a mysterious bubble unfilled.

Possible that it may be a 6th class, the devs said Diablo 3 would recieve some extremely shocking news before its released, two top devs have been saying there is not 6th class out of no where, almost sarcastically on the offical forums,

A 6th class can have internal testing to rid of bugs, just because players are not playing it does not mean it can not be tested and bug free by the devs/blizzard employees.

If it is a new class, its either a shield user or a Shape Shifter.

A LOT of speculation going on here but my guess is the 6th class is Mage (enchanting class) with CC and charm and so on because these skills are missing on all the other classes. I expect this class to have a lot more utility and use the monsters as pets instead of casting them.

/just a guess

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • dakotaaoc08dakotaaoc08 Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Paladin or druid if I was to guess, I would love to play a class that made better use of a shield. However I loved my druid back in D2
  • DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Maybe I am looking at the wrong page but I can't find these empty bubbles. Also link to devs announcing "extremely shocking news"?

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

They said they were going to have a way for all the people who missed any of the rewards to grab them all on one day near launch. 

My guess is that is what the last bubble is for.  

If not, it's obviously pandas. 

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    A 6th class would have been data mined by now.
  • EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by DarkPony

Maybe I am looking at the wrong page but I can't find these empty bubbles.

if you follow the us d3 link (http://us.battle.net/en/int?r=d3) at the bottom between the bubble 05.01 and 05.15 theres a empty one with a lock inside.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • TorqiaTorqia Member UncommonPosts: 73

Exciting whatever that locked bubble is.. but i promise you, from the buttom of my heart.

It deffinently not a 6.th class. Not in a million years...

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

That bubble will be an 'X' which is closing the page!

Or not...image

• bmw66bmw66 Member UncommonPosts: 141
    No, not a 6th class.
  • agriffin85agriffin85 Member Posts: 64
    We have reached a new low in fanboy speculation:  Empty box on some obscure post = NEW playable class.  YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

Originally posted by agriffin85

We have reached a new low in fanboy speculation:  Empty box on some obscure post = NEW playable class.  YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

how is it an obscure post? If you go to diablo.com and click on recent news, you can see what is described at the bottom of the page (above the footer at least). It does not take a whole lot of hunting around and it is not a giant leap in logic to look at the existing pattern, showing the various classes, and come to a conclusion.

It is still speculation, but really, this is tame compared to the typical hyperbole filled predictions that grace this site.

I do agree with a previous poster that it likely would have been data mined by now so not convinced it is a new class, but that would be pretty neat and a way to keep that first mission fresh for those who have run it over, and over, and...well you get the point. :)

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Yeah I don't thnk so. I don't see how they could hide the 6th class so well for so long. o.O

That empty thing is something else. Maybe for other pepole (like me) to get sigils like they said.

Also, news that they're hiding? Link to Blizz post, please.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Really really far fetched.

But the game does lack melee class aside from Barbarian.

Something in likeness of Paladin

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061
    Monk is melee.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    It's going to be the last week to redeem the class sigils you may have missed over the last 5 weeks.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by expresso

This, as you cannot completely hide the existence of a class in a game where so much is class-defined in the game assets.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

It's for the day-one-DLC announcment.

You heard it here first.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by adam_nox

Originally posted by expresso

This, as you cannot completely hide the existence of a class in a game where so much is class-defined in the game assets.

That, and it would be about the dumbest move Blizzard has made yet to have a 6th class, completely untested, released into the main game. I mean sure they have their internal testers, but fact of the matter is internal testing doesn't mean jack sheet for a game. Not saying they couldn't do a good job, its just that its impossible for a small number of testers to do a good job.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    So, you are telling us that they are going to reveal a new class which has not been through beta testing? And no, in house testing doesn't even come close to beta. Not in a game like Diablo. 
  • styles74styles74 Member Posts: 222

My friend works at GameStop and she texted me that the delivery today was sealed and marked "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL MAY 8th".  Which coincedentally is exactly one week after they released the Wizard.  Is it possible there is artwork on the Diablo Box that gives away the 6th class? 

- John Wooden

• IrusIrus Member Posts: 774

Originally posted by Shodanas

And no, in house testing doesn't even come close to beta. Not in a game like Diablo. 

Most... quality testing is actually done in-house. Player testing is horrifically terrible in comparison. Player testing doesn't really do anything except find bugs from the player perspective, see how the game plays, do stress test, balance test, that kind of stuff. Do you know what real testing looks like? Sitting and clicking the same thing over and over and over and over and over again and recording it somewhere and seeing what sequence makes something break.

Blizzard has devs playing in places like Inferno. Who do you think tested 90% of the game. Blizzard did. In-house. And I'd be highly worried if it was otherwise. Beta only got a small portion of act 1 and rotated skills. You can't test much with that at all.

The whole idea of player beta test is actually pretty new and more of a marketing scheme than anything. It was never needed and plenty of games came out bug free and balanced without it in the past.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    I was not in any of the betas for this game and was thinking of just buying it when it came out.  I saw someone refer to something "class sigils?"  Does this mean that if I follow with my plan I will be shooting myself in the foot and there is something I should be doing RIGHT NOW to not end up way behind at the beginning?
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    Kung Fu Panda is hidden 6th class. But is shrouded in mystery mists until a hellish cataclysm reveals their homeland.. 
  • styles74styles74 Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by centkin

I was not in any of the betas for this game and was thinking of just buying it when it came out.  I saw someone refer to something "class sigils?"  Does this mean that if I follow with my plan I will be shooting myself in the foot and there is something I should be doing RIGHT NOW to not end up way behind at the beginning?

Nope ... it's for show basically.

But still kind of cool... you can design in advance a sigil ... which basically is a your clickable flag that someone can click on in town that instantly ports them to you..

It's not a big deal, but in some context you're missing out.

I just realized that each week (and only during that week) you can design a special in game "class" sigil.  I just did the Wizard one (which is still available for 5 more days).

I sort of felt like I was collecting happy meal toys simultaneously.  So it was worth reliving collecting star wars drinking glasses again.

- John Wooden