Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's being called "The GW2 Effect".

12345679»

Comments

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

i have that GW2 effect. after try BW even with all problem common on beta, i just dont want play any other game (not only MMORPG i mean anyking of game).

the game feel so alive, cities are so big and so beautiful, combat is very hard (point and click like many other MMORPG will not work on this game) but so amazing. 

hope they release in 2/3 months xD

• KorgborgKorgborg Member UncommonPosts: 116

I am jealous!

I only wish I suffered from "The GW2 effect" Haven't played.

The concept art is stunning, very Vallejo and Frazetta.

Love GW1, atmosphere, art, don't play regularly though.

Anet will probably get my money.

If you cut it too short you can always nail a piece on the end.

If you cut it too long then what the hell are you gonna do?

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Originally posted by wormywyrm

I have found a cure for the GW2 effect...  You must quit whatever (inferior) RPGs you are playing and go to another genre.  I have been revisiting some of my favorite blizzard RTS games and it has been very enjoyable  :-)

I agree. I started playing some Civ 5 again, the updates since I last played have definitely made it better.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

I'm playing the only thing I can while waiting for the next beta: Final Fantasy 9.  

At least Portal 2 free DLC map creator comes out in a few days.  That's such a totally different type of game that I can probably play that without drawing comparisons to GW2.  Probably. 

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148

canceled my tera prepurchase...i just have no desire after the gw2 beta weekend

• megera23megera23 Member UncommonPosts: 239

I'm stuck reading forums and watching videos. I don't feel like playing anything else atm. So yeah, definitely another victim here. :(

• 1carcarah11carcarah1 Member Posts: 172

Originally posted by megera23

I'm stuck reading forums and watching videos. I don't feel like playing anything else atm. So yeah, definitely another victim here. :(

Yup. To me this is much better than playing any other game.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Originally posted by SuperDonk

I have found a cure for the GW2 effect...  You must quit whatever (inferior) RPGs you are playing and go to another genre.  I have been revisiting some of my favorite blizzard RTS games and it has been very enjoyable  :-)

I agree. I started playing some Civ 5 again, the updates since I last played have definitely made it better.

I just finished Starcraft 2's campaign and man it was awesome.  I am rarely so interested in a games story but it really pulled me in.  I love the strong firefly influence in the music, feel, and scenes.  The music after the bar fight literally mimics the song 'bar fight' from the firefly soundtrack to the point where I am worried blizz is going to get sued over it.  :D

What I really like about SC2 is that I can follow the story.  There arent too many characters or plot twists, but the ones it does have are of high quality.  The characters feel real and I feel invested in them.  Too many games overload us with 'stuff'...  Especially MMORPGs.  I can't ever follow what the heck is going on in most games because there are too many characters & too many distractions.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• Riker99Riker99 Member Posts: 70

This "effect" has made me strive even harder to get as many Hall of Monuments rewards as I possibly can.

Currently at 32/50, so most of the easy points are gone and only titles are left, but I really want "Ghostly Hero".

It has actually been a really good experience. I went to play through all the dungeons in Eye of the North, and Duncan the Black was a real challenge. I had to tweak my builds and micro-manage my heroes so they didn't die to Spirit RIft. That was only Normal Mode, so I am looking forward to the challenge in Hard Mode, which will require even more build tweaking and perhaps consumable use.

I think ArenaNet has done a very good job creating a different but similar entertainment experience across both games.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

As others have said, I don't think "GW2 effect" is accurate. It's "new-good-game effect".

That said, I am very much looking forward to GW2, more so than any other game in the last few years, especially with the anticipation 'simmering' due to no release date.

I don't have any MMOs atm as I stopped logging into SWTOR 6 or 8 weeks ago. I'll play TSW while I wait for GW2 since that is only a bit more than a month out. (I think GW2 is 2.5 months minimum.)

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by Riker99

This "effect" has made me strive even harder to get as many Hall of Monuments rewards as I possibly can.

Currently at 32/50, so most of the easy points are gone and only titles are left, but I really want "Ghostly Hero".

It has actually been a really good experience. I went to play through all the dungeons in Eye of the North, and Duncan the Black was a real challenge. I had to tweak my builds and micro-manage my heroes so they didn't die to Spirit RIft. That was only Normal Mode, so I am looking forward to the challenge in Hard Mode, which will require even more build tweaking and perhaps consumable use.

I think ArenaNet has done a very good job creating a different but similar entertainment experience across both games.

Hey did you have to group with others  much to get past 30?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I play pen and paper while I wait... Even though I know I should grind a few more HoM points before launch.

• CrackboneCrackbone Member Posts: 212

Originally posted by Digna

As others have said, I don't think "GW2 effect" is accurate. It's "new-good-game effect".

That said, I am very much looking forward to GW2, more so than any other game in the last few years, especially with the anticipation 'simmering' due to no release date.

I don't have any MMOs atm as I stopped logging into SWTOR 6 or 8 weeks ago. I'll play TSW while I wait for GW2 since that is only a bit more than a month out. (I think GW2 is 2.5 months minimum.)

Perhaps you are right.  I've had that honeymooner effect before, but this time it's a bit different.  

I have a feeling that this one is going to go the distance, and not just be hype filled failure.  

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by Crackbone

Originally posted by Digna

Perhaps you are right.  I've had that honeymooner effect before, but this time it's a bit different.  

I have a feeling that this one is going to go the distance, and not just be hype filled failure.  

I quite agree. Most of the times with new games, even when I am looking forward to them, it is for 'general play'. This game I am looking forward to the exploration, plain and simple. That and the fact that I actually felt an affinity to the class of choice, something that hasn't happened in a very long time. Most of the time I may 'like' a class but don't feel like I want to see all there is and figure out how to do it with THIS GUY specifically.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

yep..no other game is fun anymore becuz of gw2

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED