Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PCI bus setting

WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

While checking on some things for a friend, I came across a thread talking about a guy not getting his new GPU to run a x16.

He fixed the problem with a different driver.

So on a lark I thought I would just check mine out, as I'm trying to learn all I can about PC hardware.

So I tried out GPU Z, and ran the render test, my card is only running at x4, it throttles down when not in use, but  only goes to

x4 when in use.

I then open up catalyst control center, and under harware information it shows," Max Bus Setting PCI Express x4"

Now Im not having any problems with my card, was just trying to learn a little, that being said I would still like to get thsi card

running correctly, if it truely isn't, though it is running as good as it ever has.

My Mobo only has the one 2.0 x 16 slot, and specs say it runs at x16, or is suppose to.

I did install the latest drivers, I do use driver sweeper to clean the old ones, and my BIOS update is the latest on for my board.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

GPU - 5750 ATI

Motherboard - Gygabyte G31M-ES2L

OS Windows 7 64 bit

See the world and all within it.
Live a lifetime in every minute.

Comments

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Have you tried checking for the latest drivers for your motherboard?

• WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

yep and I have them installed no newer versions.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
  • WaldoCornWaldoCorn Member UncommonPosts: 235

Yep it's a puzzler, there is one BIOS update I can't install as Im on windows 7 64, so I used the Gigabyte download center.

No change.

Well it's not like Im having any problems, it just got my curiosity up more than anything.

and Thankyou