Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D2 vs D3 and why D3 will be better...

ZerdZerd Member UncommonPosts: 26

I recommend ANYONE who is not familiar with D3, and anyone who thinks D3 doesn't have customization of character abilities, read the below link. It's a bit lengthly but goes into a LOT of detail just how customizable D3 is and just how innovative it really is (I throw that in there since people say D3 is taking the genre backwards by leaps and bounds, which it's not).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3811455085

Discuss.

Comments

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Agreed. People that have been calling this game dumbed down have very little understanding o the game mechanics.

It's funny actually. "I don't understand this! It must be dumbed down!"

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,897
    I'm amped for D3, but I don't think it can give me the sheer number of hours of enjoyment that D2 gave me.  Good thing it doesn't have to and that I don't expect it to.
  • ZerdZerd Member UncommonPosts: 26

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I'm amped for D3, but I don't think it can give me the sheer number of hours of enjoyment that D2 gave me.  Good thing it doesn't have to and that I don't expect it to.

I dunno... I see a lot more in D3 for me than D2. Especially with how difficult Inferno is supposed to be.  Basically all the grinding we do now in D2 for gear, is just to prep us for the next difficulty.

I look forward to that... and HC with the new achievement system and banner customization.

• steelrain666steelrain666 Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Very nice read, I'm looking forward to play D3 even more now since I've read that post. 
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

I guess this is because it is a NEW system that is innovative. Many see this as dumbed down but the fact is I wish OTHER MMORPGs would do this.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • lunarwitch00lunarwitch00 Member Posts: 43

the game will be decent to say. but

they removed a few of the cool features

no pvp at this point yes i hear it will be added

and im not super pvp its jjust give more to do in game which you cant say isnt a plus

no mercenaries in muliplayer

a 4 player limit on co op play

ohh and no lobby or game names so its just matchmaking only

them items at this point have me debating really if i want ot actually get the game or not

and the worst thing it seems it just lazy ness on blizzards part

and really its the game limit the most and mercs seems its pointless to even have one unless you solo.

that seems like very pointless changes dont blah balance d2 was great fun with 8 people

i know its not an mmo

but it seems just really entrapping no space like mobil game and not a pc game i guess

will find out if i actually decide to pick it up

my 2 cents

peace

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219

first step to enjoying D3 more. stop comparing it to D2 or other games.

ir woeks!

• supermike27supermike27 Member Posts: 24
    heres the best part about D3 compared to D2 NO MORE spam clicking for gear yea thats the best part ever!!
  • lunarwitch00lunarwitch00 Member Posts: 43
    whats the point in sparkely stuff if there is noone to share it with
  • ZerdZerd Member UncommonPosts: 26

Originally posted by lunarwitch00

the game will be decent to say. but

they removed a few of the cool features

no pvp at this point yes i hear it will be added

and im not super pvp its jjust give more to do in game which you cant say isnt a plus

no mercenaries in muliplayer

a 4 player limit on co op play

ohh and no lobby or game names so its just matchmaking only

them items at this point have me debating really if i want ot actually get the game or not

and the worst thing it seems it just lazy ness on blizzards part

and really its the game limit the most and mercs seems its pointless to even have one unless you solo.

that seems like very pointless changes dont blah balance d2 was great fun with 8 people

i know its not an mmo

but it seems just really entrapping no space like mobil game and not a pc game i guess

will find out if i actually decide to pick it up

my 2 cents

peace

PvP is the main focus currently (at least according to the devs) and they wanted to make sure it was enjoyable before releasing it... makes sense to me since PvP is not the main thing in D3... by the time PvP is released... you'll be ready for it and have several characters to try out in PvP.

Mercenaries were kind of silly (to me), but we do still have companions and you get to customize them as well with their own skills so they're still alive and kicking and are more unique than in D2.

4 player limit, I'll agree not the greatest decision but I typically didn't play with more than 2-3 friends anyway... so this doesn't effect me too much. It might some people, but I think most of the "outrage" over this is the fact you can't have 8 if you wanted too.

No lobby games because the only reason for them previously, was no matchmaking! So now you have matchmaking to ensure you're on the same quest as other people. You can invite your friends to your games if you're on different quests, and we also have the AH for trading, so now you don't need to sit and wait in a game for 15m or post on a forum for someone to buy your item. Much preferred. There still are chat channels (although I'm not a huge fan in it's current state... I also didn't use it too much in the beta) to use when not in a game as well.

All in all... I'll take these changes over D2 anyday...