Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you are canceling your pre-orders?

Comments

• OnarixOnarix Member Posts: 84
    There is some very mad SWTOR and WoW fanboys in the house guys. This game is beyond expectation, not once do I find myself getting bored of it in the months to come after release.

Free to play means pay to win.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    If I order, it will be after the game comes out and hear some true feedback to decide how good it is......

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Originally posted by Amjoco

Originally posted by GamerFun

Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

Just curious why you would pre-purchase an mmo if they are dull and stail? I'm not flaming but I would like to consider it a learning answer! :D

I think his point was that with all the hype surrounding the game, he expected the game to break more new ground than it actually does. I haven't played the beta but if you read the forums pre-beta, everybody made it sound like this was going to change MMOs forever and it seems like he's just disappointed that it didn't live up to that aspect.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Originally posted by grimfall

Originally posted by Raiyu_Defied

I'm honestly in 2 mind overs the game.

I haven't preordered yet, I've seen plenty of things i like, but also a few I'm not a fan of.

Honestly think i'll just wait a bit after release before i make a decision over whether i want to buy this game or not.

My main concern is that it won't have $60 worth of PVE content.  And if I wait too long so that the price to gameplay is in line, then there won't be the critical mass of players to do the little PVE events with.   Still in the deciding phase,  but there's plenty of time.

There is a thread here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/349342/page/1

that may be helpful. I played somewhere between 12-15 hours leveling a mesmer to level 17 and had explored 4% of the world's content. Other people shared their experiences.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• GamerFunGamerFun Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by Jakard

Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

Just curious why you would pre-purchase an mmo if they are dull and stail? I'm not flaming but I would like to consider it a learning answer! :D

I think his point was that with all the hype surrounding the game, he expected the game to break more new ground than it actually does. I haven't played the beta but if you read the forums pre-beta, everybody made it sound like this was going to change MMOs forever and it seems like he's just disappointed that it didn't live up to that aspect.

Well said. You are 100% correct. It's nothing new, same ol same ol. I'm not even going to waste my time playing because its not what everyone said it would be.

MMORPG & FPS Gamer Veteran of seventeen years.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Originally posted by JohnShields

I'll pre-order when Im not paying console prices for the game. Otherwise I'll get it later in a bargain bin.

not being a fanboy here, just thinking realistically. GW2 wont be in a bargain bin for at least a couple of years, or until the next expansion. it's gonna sell insane amounts, and im telling you right now, it will eventually hit WoW numbers. it will sell without any price reductions, so retailers would be insane to lower the price. you can keep dreaming though.

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by grimfall

Originally posted by suu141

Originally posted by -Zeno-

Just curious to see if anyone is canceling their pre-order after this last beta event.

OP, since any of the 1.5 million members in the forums have access to this poll, you're not gonna really see any honest numbers. You should post this on the official forums if you haven't already.   image

A poll there may also suffer bias, maybe even worse than one here.

I agree, but still, it's bias from people who actually have an GW2 account and acually played the game.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Originally posted by Onarix

There is some very mad SWTOR and WoW fanboys in the house guys. This game is beyond expectation, not once do I find myself getting bored of it in the months to come after release.

riiiiight.....

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by Jakard

Ah I see well thank you. Anyway, his credibility has somewhat been tarnished anyway since another member called him out on a previous post of him saying he would never play it. 

I guess though it all depends once again on what people feel is a game that will change mmos forever. I personally think it has, others disagree. /shrug 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by sonoggi

I'll pre-order when Im not paying console prices for the game. Otherwise I'll get it later in a bargain bin.

not being a fanboy here, just thinking realistically. GW2 wont be in a bargain bin for at least a couple of years, or until the next expansion. it's gonna sell insane amounts, and im telling you right now, it will eventually hit WoW numbers. it will sell without any price reductions, so retailers would be insane to lower the price. you can keep dreaming though.

Them be some lofty predictions.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796
      Since there's no sub fee, I definately will be keeping it.  If they were charging though - based on this beta alone, I would not be playing. (I enjoyed it - just not THAT much :D)

I haven't played the beta but if you read the forums pre-beta, everybody made it sound like this was going to change MMOs forever and it seems like he's just disappointed that it didn't live up to that aspect.

you do realize that most of the initial forum posts were made by people who got butthurt in some way due to unrealistic expectations, or perfomance issues? in other words, most people were too busy having fun to post on some crummy forum, which is why you're seeing all the ooh's and aah's and overall positive reviews after the beta is done. not saying it's perfect, but it will definitely change the MMO scene for A LOT of people.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Based on past history from A-Net., GW2 will be reduced in price 6 to 8 weeks after go live.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

I haven't played the beta but if you read the forums pre-beta, everybody made it sound like this was going to change MMOs forever and it seems like he's just disappointed that it didn't live up to that aspect.

you do realize that most of the initial forum posts were made by people who got butthurt in some way due to unrealistic expectations, or perfomance issues? in other words, most people were too busy having fun to post on some crummy forum, which is why you're seeing all the ooh's and aah's and overall positive reviews after the beta is done. not saying it's perfect, but it will definitely change the MMO scene for A LOT of people.

Or perhaps those posters had another agenda which one could uncover simply by looking in their post history...

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

Originally posted by colddog04

Them be some lofty predictions.

well if you look back in my post history, you will notice that was right about TOR's flop and WoW's declining numbers when i posted years back. maybe it was luck, maybe deductive reasoning. but GW2 is definitely gonna be something special.

I'm confused on some of these answers to the poll. Is this pre-orders or pre-purchases. Apparently people are not sure of the question because if you pre-ordered you didn't do the beta. The poll is probably not very reliable to begin with but surely is fubar now. :(

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

How about we respect the choices whichever side is taking. Remember we all know people are different.

If yah gotta cancel, god bless, good luck on your next venture and please don't be a sour puss and overstate your stay.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Ah I see well thank you. Anyway, his credibility has somewhat been tarnished anyway since another member called him out on a previous post of him saying he would never play it. 

I guess though it all depends once again on what people feel is a game that will change mmos forever. I personally think it has, others disagree. /shrug 

There may be quite a few things that MMOs may copy in the future.

One of thise things is downscaling, its an iteration of what i suggested on SWTOR forums long time ago, premise that as you advance in the game you have MORE to play and not less.

Because if you consider EQ/WoW type of game, when you reach endgame you  typically have content shrink to 1 raid and few dailies, and with quite specific number of players. You have pretty much no reson on interest to go to lvl20 area on lvl80 (arbitrary numbers).

It may, of course, be discussed is it the best way, but at least its good effort in the right direction.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

I'm confused on some of these answers to the poll. Is this pre-orders or pre-purchases. Apparently people are not sure of the question because if you pre-ordered you didn't do the beta. The poll is probably not very reliable to begin with but surely is fubar now. :(

I just picked pre-order because I thought he intended to put pre-purchase.

• SchockeySchockey Member UncommonPosts: 58

I love reading all the ridiculous posts lol. I have played most of the big MMOS, just recently cancelled SWTOR. Looking for that next great MMO is like trying to recapture your 1st Buzz!! The 1st mmo you played and stayed with will always be the one. I personally like them all for there own qualities. I like GW2 it is has some great stuff!! There are 3 big reasons I plan on playing.     1. No monthly fees

2.PVP and WvWvW PVP This game is geared for pvpers.

3. Mass amounts of people with free or guest transfers. These other games are not massive anymore, or you get stuck on a dead server after they die out from the initial surge.

I plan on playing the tar out it, and having a great time.

Why people have to waste their time talking smack about it I will never know, I guess whatever they are playing at the moment must really suck.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    I'm not gonna bother with all this GW2 negativety quite simply this is one of the best Mo's nay games i've played on the PC, and considering my first online game was Realm Online that is quite a statement and why do people not expect that a stress test Beta will not have problems A-net even state it's not optomised and with no NDA they must be pretty happy with it's progress.So if u do cancel just remember this is still a game in development like every other Mo and with A-net trying something out of the norm i'm happy to finance their endevour as at least we get to veer away from the normal crap that we have to endure these days.
    p>
  • mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Originally posted by Schockey

Looking for that next great MMO is like trying to recapture your 1st Buzz!! The 1st mmo you played and stayed with will always be the one.

Hate to say it, but thats bunch of BS :)

Originally posted by Eliandal

Since there's no sub fee, I definately will be keeping it.  If they were charging though - based on this beta alone, I would not be playing. (I enjoyed it - just not THAT much :D)

No offense, but this post makes no sense.  I bought and played Rift for a month, enjoyed it, paid $10 less than GW2 would cost me (by comparison I got about 5 times as much gameplay from Rift for $50 as I did from GW1 for $40).

You can buy a subscription game and only play it for a month.  It's OK.

Originally posted by colddog04

I just picked pre-order because I thought he intended to put pre-purchase.

Well then my edited question comes back up! I thought once you used your registration key you could not cancel. That was the last I had heard. ;)

Originally posted by darker70

I'm not gonna bother with all this GW2 negativety quite simply this is one of the best Mo's nay games i've played on the PC, and considering my first online game was Realm Online that is quite a statement and why do people not expect that a stress test Beta will not have problems A-net even state it's not optomised and with no NDA they must be pretty happy with it's progress.So if u do cancel just remember this is still a game in development like every other Mo and with A-net trying something out of the norm i'm happy to finance their endevour as at least we get to veer away from the normal crap that we have to endure these days.

My friend.  Just to the left of your Z key there is a button labeled 'Shift".  Just to the right of your comma key there is another button with a small dot on it.  It has other names, but typically it's referred to as a "Period".  Employ them both with more gusto in the future and your posts will be much more easily read and interpreted.

I think the game not being enough "out of the norm" that has left a few people disappointed.