Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you are canceling your pre-orders?

Comments

• Pre-ordered and glad that I did; game is frickin incredible. Haven't had this much fun in an MMO since vanilla WoW. Really looking forward to launch.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by Vepgenus

The banks used to purchase GW2 will honor the charge back, it's very easy to get credit for a purchase these days.

No.   Not when you've eaten the meal.

Originally posted by Monorojo

Can't cancel what you never fell for in the first place :)

I convinced my friend to cancel his preorder though.

Dude, I know who you are.   Go back to the SWTOR boards and do your thing over there.    You're not fooling anyone who's been around the block.

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by sonoggi

Originally posted by JohnShields

I'll pre-order when Im not paying console prices for the game. Otherwise I'll get it later in a bargain bin.

not being a fanboy here, just thinking realistically. GW2 wont be in a bargain bin for at least a couple of years, or until the next expansion. it's gonna sell insane amounts, and im telling you right now, it will eventually hit WoW numbers. it will sell without any price reductions, so retailers would be insane to lower the price. you can keep dreaming though.

Them be some lofty predictions.

GW1 sold 6.5 million copies and made it to the #2 MMO in the West.   This one is better out the gate.   So, while he's making lofty predictions...   This game has potential to be a very big deal.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

why should i have canceled again?

i havnt found a reason to cancel

60 euros is nothing for the amount of fun il get from it compared to any single player game( hi same price) out there.

^55^ i see the error in my ways:P

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220

Originally posted by goldiewilson

Originally posted by aesperus

Honestly I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet.

Looking at the poll in the OP, it's pretty clear that almost no one cancelled their preorders, if any. As with all the GW2 hate threads, this has devolved into flame war. Really quite pointless.

We get it, you don't like the game for whatever reason, and you can't understand why other people do. Well, whinning about it is rather childish, don't you think? It's not like we are inventing reasons to like the game. We've tried it, we like what we see, that's all there is to it. Move on. It's 2012, there's pleanty of games for you to hate on.

Because this site caters to WOW clone themeparks, they probably dont care about the endless trolling TOR players do over here. Which is probably why WARNING this forum is under  " Increased Moderation" is only under all the WOW style Themeparks on this site. So no trolling on WOW clones but everyone else is fair game. 

It will be funny over here watching the culture shock over here if GW2 gets really popular after release.

Really? goto these games area on this site and you'll see real trolling

Yes I played SWTOR.

Originally posted by Vepgenus

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Originally posted by Games888

yes I am canceling Swtor and Tera and TSW, wait never mind I dont even play those carebear games.

I'm with ya on the 1st two. I might play a bit of Tera though prob till D3 comes out, as i'm subbbed till the end of the month...TSW on the other hand, is way up on my high hopes meter....def hangin for it

As for GW2, thats the no brainer of the year....prob in the top 3 MMOs of all time i thoroughly enjoy, and at this point its free!

Good luck with that. Funcom has such a great reputation for successful launches!

It's EA/Funcom.   I went from 'must try' to 'ha ha ha ha.....   no.'     But I'll be open minded.   They may pull it off.   But I'm going to wait after the debacle of SWTOR.

Originally posted by Monorojo

Well using this poll as a indicator...Already 11% of the potential fanbase will be passing on GW2 and we have only experienced the first beta weekend. You can expect the retention rate to continue to dip the closer and closer we get to release, then take a huge nose dive a month or two after release.

This isn't SWTOR.   This isn't AoC.    It'll probably be like GW1.   Released in 2005, peaked at #2 Western MMO in 2007 for active accounts and sold 6.5 million copies and is still holding on with its fingernails to being a Top-10 Western MMO with an active player base about one-third the size of SWTOR's continously declining player base.

That's a good run.  

And one your beloved SWTOR WILL NEVER MATCH.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by MosesZD

And one your beloved SWTOR WILL NEVER MATCH.

Sad but true.

Originally posted by fivoroth

I see what you did there OP. Flamebaiting is not cool you know!

How many people actually preordered the game? Most people prepurchased the game so it's a done deal. In the UK you can't preorder the game.

Anyways you all seem to measure the success of GW by your stupid and naive MMO standards. This game doesn't have a sub so you will not know how many even play the game. It's all about selling those boxes. Bethesda sold 10m copies of Skyrim (probably a lot more now). Does anyone know how many people still play the game? 

They're up to 12 million now.   They still sell 25K a week, which about twice that of SWTOR.

As for people playing...   It has really good play metrics with my friends on Steam.     Some are at over 400 hours and stil playing...    Not that my group of friends really means anything in the big picture.   It was really put out there for a bit of 'logical fallacy' humor..

Originally posted by Dekarx12

Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by Chivalry1978

Was skeptical to play after all the gw2 flaming I have seen this past year but figured well lets see what they are backing....

Very stall tastic and not all that innovative as was claimed...And yes this is a very care bare game...The pvp I did do was well to be honest weak. I just dont think this lived up to the hype and was not all that impressed with it.

If you found it so easy, perhaps you can go talk to all the people whinning about the game being too hard, and how they are dying all the time, and help explain to them what they are doing wrong. There are an awful lot of them.

it's hard for them cause there use to wow combat stand still and bash buttons its so sad isn't it... i for one loved the hardness of the game i hope they dont change it 2 much or at all image

I hate WoW.   The aesthetic.   But I've played plenty of MMOs and it took quite some times to get out of that habit.    I would do the old 14,000hp, 8000+AC, 70% damage mitigation LOTRO L75 raid-guardian thing...   And die.   And die.   And die.   And die.   Once one of my guild-mates gave me a bit of kick in the pants and got me to move, melee was really fun.   But, yeah, there's a lot of old, bad habits to be unlearned to play this game well.

• guildwarstwoguildwarstwo Member Posts: 1

Anyone saying that they canceled there pre purchase after playing the beta (and it would be a prepurchase as thats how you get in the beta) are wrong you've already made the transaction and have already bought the game you can't cancel buying the game cuz you already bought it

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

lool. people can cancel easy pre-order.

pre-purchased you will not get any refund, when you buy the product didnt see the terms??? loool. 

let me buy some game, test and because im a genius im go ask a refund after that.looool

my question is: pre-orders dont acess to beta so why people will cancel pre-order if didnt play the beta? this topic are so pointless.

the only place to see how people is satisfied or not is the official forum, anyone that really bought the game can see the reaction of people there. all i can say is haters of GW2 will be furious if see what was on official forum...

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Volkon

Originally posted by GamerFun

Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyqGJHTjes

Just sayin'.

Exactly.  Dull and stale my ass.  And stale is misspelled by "GamerFun."  You really should learn how to spell your insults.  It makes you appear more intelligent and at least gives the ILLUSION that you might have a point.

That video was spot on outrageous.  The immersion factor is crazy.  I need to follow the NPCs more, I see. They have a whole thing of their own going on and I'm missing out when I don't keep in touch with them, it seems.

Forgot to add....no I did not cancel.  I pre-purchased and am very happy with the progress of the game thus far.  I'm looking forward to release....very excited about it.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

You must be joking! Cancel? No-Way!

• ArEfArEf Member Posts: 233

Funny how the troll poll backfired.

Out of 1060 people, 973 have not cancelled. 87 have.

That's not even taking into account the skewing of the poll via SWTOR fans etc coming in.

Absolutely hysterical.

Add me on Steam!

RawrfulCast - My YouTube Channel
    Me and a Friend are Bad At Games :(
  • YarlyYarly Member Posts: 53

Holy crap no!  I played the BWE, and there isn't anything going to stop me from playing this game when it comes out.  I can't go back to my old MMO's because they are so bland now!

Guild Wars 2!

• CassiopeianCassiopeian Member Posts: 14

I'm going to cancel my preorder.

In about a million years.

This game is frickin' AWESOME. Surpassed my expectations in every way. I can't play anything else, and am moping around like a crack addict in withdrawal waiting for the next events to get announced.

I didn't get into WoW close enough to launch to get an original CE. But now I will have an original CE of the game that is going to pose the first serious competition to the reigning champion. I am one happy bunny.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

cancel for what exactly? D3? Tera? TSW? No thanks.

Originally posted by ArEf

That's not even taking into account the skewing of the poll via SWTOR fans etc coming in.

Absolutely hysterical.

Whys it gotta be SWTOR fans?                                               Sterotypes are bad, mkay?

Yes I played SWTOR.

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

If you canceled the order you cant play the beta...image

I retired retroactively..Haha

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620

where did you get your beta key?

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by Hauvarn

Absolutely hysterical.

Whys it gotta be SWTOR fans?                                               Sterotypes are bad, mkay?

perhaps because they have been caught organizing things like this before. There have been several posts trying to get the SWTOR community to make false polls like this and start arguments between OTHER games.. like come on the GW2 forums and start spouting how great Tera is and how bad GW2 is and vice versa.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

All who claims to have canceled are liars you won't get your money back lol.

Originally posted by ariboersma

Originally posted by Hauvarn

Absolutely hysterical.

perhaps because they have been caught organizing things like this before. There have been several posts trying to get the SWTOR community to make false polls like this and start arguments between OTHER games.. like come on the GW2 forums and start spouting how great Tera is and how bad GW2 is and vice versa.

Can you link said polls, I'd like to see them, as of right now it's kind of hard to believe.

Yes I played SWTOR.