Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many of you are canceling your pre-orders?

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
Just curious to see if anyone is canceling their pre-order after this last beta event.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• JohnShieldsJohnShields Member Posts: 35
    I'll pre-order when Im not paying console prices for the game. Otherwise I'll get it later in a bargain bin.

• GamerFunGamerFun Member Posts: 28
    Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

MMORPG & FPS Gamer Veteran of seventeen years.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

Oh boy, this thread is going to turn out so well.

And out of curiosity OP, since you're clearly a fan of SWTOR, why did you make this post?

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Every hater here is going to have "cancelled their preorder".

Theres always hundreds of people that never preordered a game that magically cancel non existent preorders when their whiney.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    why cancel? game is freaking incredible.. honestly only issues I had were not being able to login till saturday evening due to server issues.. game is just to much fun and no monthly sub to boot 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by GamerFun

Already canceled, played the beta. HUGE DISSAPPOINTEMNT. Dull and stail just like the rest of the MMO's made these days.

So you played the beta even though you had previously made this statement:

"Yeah and GW2 is still going to be carebear to the max. I'll play SWTOR before ever playing this craphole game with its carebear instance box pvp system. At least in SWTOR I can PvP without jumping into instance battlegrounds."

I am so confused. Between the 19th and the 30th did you manage to buy and play SWTOR and then decide to give that up so you could prepurchase GW2 so you could play in the beta weekend?

Please clarify, thanks in advance.

Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

I pre-orderd since playing beta :)

Poll is Biased anyhow more -'s for GW2 than +'s

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Originally posted by GamerFun

Just curious why you would pre-purchase an mmo if they are dull and stail? I'm not flaming but I would like to consider it a learning answer! :D

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

[mod edit]
  • feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164

Didn't pre purchase, I'll buy it at launch though. I doubt Anet will miss the 10 people that "cancelled" after playing a beta test...

I don't know why these people play betas then cry about lag/queue issues, just wait till launch fools. Then you can get mad and be right, instead of oh so wrong...

• RivalenRivalen Member Posts: 503

I had to buy another copy since my girlfriend demanded it...

Also 3 friends of mine were so impressed they're going to pre-purchase when the next BWE is announced.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    After my weekend beta, I've gathered 29 friends and family that weren't going to try it, that have now pre-purchased.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Originally posted by Charlizzard

And out of curiosity OP, since you're clearly a fan of SWTOR, why did you make this post?

I want to see what people think of the beta.  Looking at the poll it looks very positive.  Ohh and I am not a SWTOR fan.  I am a Shadowbane / Darkfall fanatic.  I cant kill my own side in any of these games.  However I do like population and in GW2 I can roam around slaughtering whoever I want in the RVR zones at least without paying a monthly fee.  Even the hardcore need a place to retire since there is no other good game out.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

[mod edit]

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Raiyu_DefiedRaiyu_Defied Member UncommonPosts: 23

I'm honestly in 2 mind overs the game.

I haven't preordered yet, I've seen plenty of things i like, but also a few I'm not a fan of.

Honestly think i'll just wait a bit after release before i make a decision over whether i want to buy this game or not.

'I have long since closed my eyes... My only goal is in the Darkness.'

• squalleonahsqualleonah Member Posts: 6
    lucky i did not pre-purchase it. tried the beta from a friend's account and doesn't like it . i think i'll stick with diablo 3
  • AlusciaAluscia Member UncommonPosts: 39

I'm on the fence. The beta was enjoyable, but I couldn't help but feel that the tuning was WAYYY off for a lot of the events (and a lot of the story quests). This is only going to get much worse as people level through the zones and don't look back.

I'd like to see better scaling of the events in level/intensity a-la-Rift. Love it or hate it, at least their dynamic zone-wide events were level-appropriate and scaled to match the available zone population.

• GamerFunGamerFun Member Posts: 28

Originally posted by -Zeno-

Originally posted by Charlizzard

I want to see what people think of the beta.  Looking at the poll it looks very positive.  Ohh and I am not a SWTOR fan.  I am a Shadowbane / Darkfall fanatic.  I cant kill my own side in any of these games.  However I do like population and in GW2 I can roam around slaughtering whoever I want in the RVR zones at least without paying a monthly fee.  Even the hardcore need a place to retire since there is no other good game out.

To bad Guild Wars 2 is carebear IMO. I'm waiting for Darkfall 2.0, if it actually ever happens. The Secret World has my attention right now.

[Mod Edit]

MMORPG & FPS Gamer Veteran of seventeen years.

So instead of making a poll like "After the beta, are you glad that you pre-purchased GW2" you decided to make a poll about people cancelling it?

At any rate, if you are genuinely interested in the game, there should be literally a ton of articles flooding out about WvWvW over the course of this week.

I may be wrong, but I thought you could not cancel your pre-order. I'm sure you could go through your credit card company and dispute the charges, but I thought that once you bought and registered your key you could not cancel it. 

edit: sorry, I just read the title again. "Pre-Orders" I was thinking pre-purchase. Never mind my statement! :)

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

Just curious to see if anyone is canceling their pre-order after this last beta event.

OP, since any of the 1.5 million members in the forums have access to this poll, you're not gonna really see any honest numbers. You should post this on the official forums if you haven't already.   image

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Originally posted by Raiyu_Defied

I haven't preordered yet, I've seen plenty of things i like, but also a few I'm not a fan of.

Honestly think i'll just wait a bit after release before i make a decision over whether i want to buy this game or not.

My main concern is that it won't have $60 worth of PVE content.  And if I wait too long so that the price to gameplay is in line, then there won't be the critical mass of players to do the little PVE events with.   Still in the deciding phase,  but there's plenty of time.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Originally posted by suu141

OP, since any of the 1.5 million members in the forums have access to this poll, you're not gonna really see any honest numbers. You should post this on the official forums if you haven't already.   image

A poll there may also suffer bias, maybe even worse than one here.

Originally posted by grimfall

Originally posted by Raiyu_Defied

My main concern is that it won't have $60 worth of PVE content.  And if I wait too long so that the price to gameplay is in line, then there won't be the critical mass of players to do the little PVE events with.   Still in the deciding phase,  but there's plenty of time.

Those little events scale so you can do them all by your lonesome!

• TerrorizorTerrorizor Member Posts: 326
    I have converted people that were not going to play GW2 into people who are excited to play and will most likely prepurchase before the next BWE.