Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 VS Guild Wars 2

Comments

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

I bought both of them. I don't think they will come out anywhere near close enough to each other for it to be any problem playing and enjoying both of them. Especially since they're both subscription-free.

• stayBlindstayBlind Member UncommonPosts: 512

Well, since GW2 probably has more ex-Diablo developers working on it than D3, I'm going with GW2.

I'll pick up D3 once it's in the bargain bin so that I can play with my friends. (Barring out if TL2 and/or PoE are worthwhile.)

Little forum boys with their polished cyber toys: whine whine, boo-hoo, talk talk.

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Somebody at mmorpg.com please for the love of Mike, kill this thread. APPLES AND CAR ENGINES SERIOUSLY!!!

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• ThraliaThralia Member Posts: 219

preordered D3 CE long ago.(loved the closed beta!..played D2+LoD for 2y nonstop)

cancelled my preorder of GW2 2 days ago. (after 4hours playing with friends account)

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Not only are they not mutually exclusive, but one doesn't have a release date yet.

Looks that D3 will give you at least a solid month or 2 to beat it before GW2 will launch. At least. If you can afford both, you can definitely play both. Neither require a subscription.

• munecaroonmunecaroon Member Posts: 88

Topic only makes sense if we're talking about how to fill the time until GW2 is released.

Diablo 3 so far is a disappointment to me.

I loved D2+LOD and that's why I'll be waiting for Path of Exile and not going to touch anything that has a Blizzard label for the rest of my life : )

But yeah GW2 can't come soon enough, most ppl I know who did the BWEs have a pretty serious withdrawal syndrome.

• HonnerHonner Member Posts: 504
    Well I already bought GW2 and I will wait until blizzard give me a better offer than $80 for D3
  • aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67
    I'm going to play both! These are "my games" that I've been looking forward to for awhile now.
  • Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

HOW the hell do you compare two differened genres?

Both are great games.

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286
    I'm kind of past my item farming days so D3 isn't that big of a draw for me even though I spent most of my high school years playing D2.   If most of my friends get it I just might to play through each difficulty once with a few characters, but that's probably about it.
  • Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

Let's add a couple more games to toss into the mix of what you're going to play:

TERA

Skyrim xpac (Dawnguard)

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• I got nothing with D3 personally. To me it seems like going back in time lol.
  • ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Only Guild Wars 2 first of all a MMO just takes alot more time to invest plus i hate blizzard games just not good enough to even concider.

So choice is easy at moment im totally focussed on GW2.

Maybe next year Elder Scroll Online?

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

GW2 is an MMO

D3 is a single player game with online coop play up to 4 people

Neither has a sub fee so play both.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• DeathspankDeathspank Member UncommonPosts: 139

Pre-bought both and gonna play both. Good year to be a PC gamer with Dark Souls coming out later as well.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

i doubt many people will buy both.,, and i think i could bet most will go for D3.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

Diablo 3 is PVE only.  I guess you just click around and kill monsters over and over.  Sounds kind of boring...  GW2 is a PVP game for the most part.  I don't really see these games competing. 

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• Sharard123Sharard123 Member Posts: 10

I am buying both.  They are very different and dont require more money for me to play.  I And helps the releae very staggered so not like buying them the same month. Look forward to both.

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

Originally posted by Sharard123

I am buying both.  They are very different and dont require more money for me to play.  I And helps the releae very staggered so not like buying them the same month. Look forward to both.

Same here! Both are unique and offer allot of fun. I'll probably concentrate on GW2 though when it comes out.

• catplaycatplay Member Posts: 71

I preordered Diablo3 and I cant wait for release.

GW2 is just bad and over-hyped.

I am sure Diablo3 will smash in sales any GW dreams.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Borderlands 2 vs Diablo 3 

who wins

Halo 4 vs Mists of Panderia

who wins

Crysis 3 vs Skyrim

who wins

well...you get the idea

First game is limited simple hack and slash dungeon crawler that you only play with few people, while second is massive multiplayer online roleplayin game thats new and fresh and focus on playing with thousends of other players in a dynamic beautiful huge world.

So vs is not Fair i think the LATTER game WINS there is no real contest here not fair for the restricted simplistic first game is there?

Originally posted by DJJazzy
    Borderlands 2 vs Diablo 3 
    who wins
    Halo 4 vs Mists of Panderia
    who wins
    Crysis 3 vs Skyrim
    who wins
    well...you get the idea

Yeh that Skyrim wins :)

• xr00t3dxxr00t3dx Member Posts: 275

Originally posted by OneEyeRed

Apples and mangos man; zero mutuality, non-comparative. There is nothing remotely similar to either game.

This and he thought we  really were expecting a true versus thread when the title itself tell's me and anyone else with a grain of rationale thought that wasn't possible.

• leipurileipuri Member Posts: 559

Both. I will play GW2 when I feel like playing MMORPG more and D3 if I feel like playing hack and slash and dungeon crawl type game. Neither game require some commitment to "keep up".