Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 VS Guild Wars 2

RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Many of you may expect a real vs thread but this thread it's not about trolling.

It's about 2 awesome games coming near each other.

Im so fucking confused right  now.All these years we were eating one crap after another waiting for a game that will be real blast to play.

After 2 or more years finally we have not one but 2 games to play.WoOt!!.

For many this may be one of the best gaming years but for me it's a hard situation considering that i have a limited amount of time to concentrate on gaming.

Im confused on what game to spent my time.

I will sure play diablo 3 but when gw 2 comes out that will be a hard dicission.

I ll probably have to play one day diablo and the next gw2.

We gamers are doomed to have the whole awessomeness in one year or nothing at all.

To concude with i wanna give a thumbs thumbs up to Arenanet and Blizzard for bringing us those awesome games to kill some time while having a total blast in gaming.

Let me know what do u think.

Are u gonna play gw2,diablo or are u having 24 hours free time and you are gonna play both.

15 days omg.This will the gaming year of my life!

Comments

• HauvarnHauvarn Member Posts: 220
    Sure why not.

Yes I played SWTOR.

• reddoreddo Member Posts: 115

Diablo III and Guild wars 2 are not mutually exclusive. You don't have to sacrifice sleep in order to play both. Honestly, if I played solely guild wars 2, I'd get bored fast. 

Another point: Comparing guild wars 2 and diablo III is like comparing a horse to a badger. You might as well have referenced CoD here. 

• GhaustGhaust Member Posts: 3
    Its sad, I'm not going to lie about it, Diablo 1 is the entire reason I play video games now. It introduced me to them, and I was a huge fan of Diablo 2 and played that to death, yet after World of Warcraft, I can never see myself spending money on another Blizzard product. Maybe its just inner hate for that product, maybe its because I hate the new gaming community it produced, or that I just grew out of the games they make, I don't know, but I couldn't describe the amount of f***s I don't give about Diablo 3. So, as a longtime fanboy of Guild Wars, I guess it wins the trophy for me. However....these 2 games are not a good comparison, they are completely different dude.
  • feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Didn't read the OP but the answer is both : )
  • sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Apples and mangos man; zero mutuality, non-comparative. There is nothing remotely similar to either game.

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    I will only be playing GW2 I didn't find D3 fun.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I don't have a preference since I never played D3, but I don't intend to either, at least not initially.  D3 will do well simply by virtue of it being a Blizzard game.
  • Mythios11Mythios11 Member Posts: 129
    Considering that D3 comes out in two weeks and GW2 probably won't be out til late summer or fall, I would think that you could play both with relative ease.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Well get D3 now and save $15 a month and get GW2 when it comes out. I figure it will be out in about 4 months so you will have the cash! 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• LeodiousLeodious Member UncommonPosts: 773

I am a little ashamed to say I really loved Diablo III. I didn't expect to after what they have done with Star and WarCrafts. But I love it, and I will buy it, and I will play it.

And I love Guild Wars 2. I love it, and I will buy it, and I will play it. I'd rather have two games to decide between than none worth my time. I wholeheartedly agree.

"There are two great powers, and they've been fighting since time began. Every advance in human life, every scrap of knowledge and wisdom and decency we have has been torn by one side from the teeth of the other. Every little increase in human freedom has been fought over ferociously between those who want us to know more and be wiser and stronger, and those who want us to obey and be humble and submit."

— John Parry, to his son Will; "The Subtle Knife," by Phillip Pullman

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

Originally posted by reddo

Diablo III and Guild wars 2 are not mutually exclusive. You don't have to sacrifice sleep in order to play both. Honestly, if I played solely guild wars 2, I'd get bored fast. 

Another point: Comparing guild wars 2 and diablo III is like comparing a horse to a badger. You might as well have referenced CoD here. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Haven’t got to play GW2 beta but so far I here people bragging about how many times they died and go hummm...

I played D3 beta weekend through Skelly king SC with 5 classes (died 2 times once when I got surrounded by a pack of elites and another when I tried to kill SK at level 6) because it SC who cares anyway) and 5 classes in HC and died once due to stupidity. The game is addictive as hell. I played total of 27 hours over 2 days and I was trashing the game two days before. Told my RL fried I din't think it was any good because it been dumb down. Boy was I surprised!

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • JakardJakard Member Posts: 415
    I'm a little surprised that nobody has really asked which game will sell more copies. I continually hear questions like, "How many more people will play Guild Wars 2 than The Old Republic" but such questions aren't fair because there are no subscription costs associated with GW2. However, Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 are similar in that regard and it will be interesting to see what game ends up selling more copies. I honestly expect Diablo 3 to slaughter Guild Wars 2 in this regard. I plan on buying both though and enjoying both. *knock on wood*
  • DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125

He is not comparing them, he is just saying that he is excited about two great games and can’t decide which one he wants to devote his time to.

• DigitallyEndowedDigitallyEndowed Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by OneEyeRed

Apples and mangos man; zero mutuality, non-comparative. There is nothing remotely similar to either game.

Irrelevant.

• Povey151Povey151 Member Posts: 250

I have a full time job, a social life, and adult responsibilities (laundry, dishes, food, cleaning, etc.).

Playing both games to any sort of completion would ABSOLUTELY require that I lose sleep or give up on things that are frankly more important than both.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Povey151

I have a full time job, a social life, and adult responsibilities (laundry, dishes, food, cleaning, etc.).

Playing both games to any sort of completion would ABSOLUTELY require that I lose sleep or give up on things that are frankly more important than both.

Really.  Couldn't you take say the N hours per month you have to play games and give N/2 to each game? 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    If I had to choose I'd go with D3, but since I dont have to choose between them I'll get both.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Can't you do both? D3 isn't an MMO, so even though you can multiplayer with friends, you're eventually going to run out of content. It may get a couple of expansions but how long does it usually take to run through a game like that? Not including games like Skyrim, if you put 60 hours into a typical RPG, that's pretty solid. It's also still not comparable to the average time people spend in MMOs. Unless your friends are online to multiplayer with you like, 24/7, I don't see why you couldn't fit both into your gaming days.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• ZerdZerd Member UncommonPosts: 26

Definately going to play both. I'll play the f**k out of D3 for the first few weeks, by the time GW2 comes out I'll be ready for it. Then I'll give that a go and I'll have two great games to go back and forth to for a long time!

It will be a great year for PC gamers.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    GW2 > D3.  But it doesnt really matter I bought both already and neither one has a sub, they both will still be on my computer a year from now. No online game other than WoW and BF2 ever did that.
  • ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I know, I know!! Buy Diablo3 and make lots of money in RMAH, then use it to buy GW2!!! Buy yeah, you can play both, you dont exactly 'lose' anything for playing betweenthem. Theres no subscription fees. Both have cash shops that lets you get more experience/funds/items (if thats what you need to catchup)

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Originally posted by Povey151

Oh please. 

Eat while you play, keep lots of deoderant and colgne on hand, if you leave the house as little as possible you can greatly reduce the amount of laundry you have to do, eat only hot pockets and other microwaveble meals that dont require utensils to avoid dishes, and if you move as little as possible itll save on cleaning. 

15 minutes tops each day is all that is required to do all of those "important" things you mention.   And sleep is never important.

• Diablo 3 is pretty amazing, so if you're into action RPGs, definitely get that.

Haven't had a chance to try out GW2, so don't know about that. But you can get both games?

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by Jakard

I'm a little surprised that nobody has really asked which game will sell more copies. I continually hear questions like, "How many more people will play Guild Wars 2 than The Old Republic" but such questions aren't fair because there are no subscription costs associated with GW2. However, Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 are similar in that regard and it will be interesting to see what game ends up selling more copies. I honestly expect Diablo 3 to slaughter Guild Wars 2 in this regard. I plan on buying both though and enjoying both. *knock on wood*

Because as innovative as GW2 seems, there's no chance it is going to outsell anything Blizzard makes.  Blizzard could take a colossal dump, slap "Diablo III" on it, and it would still sell near a million copies within the first week.  Why?  Because it has the Blizzard brand name.

Love or hate their games, Blizzard has tended to set the standard.  They did so with the RTS genre (SC and WC) alongside Westwood Studios and C&C.  Diablo I & II really did breathe new life into the PC RPG genre, and they were indeed the grandpa of the modern day MMO world.  Finally, once again, for better or worse, they set the standard in MMO gaming with World of Warcraft.  That standard has held up for 8 years, an eternity in PC gaming.  They do this by giving a lot of polish, a world that really draws you in, balance in playstyles, and some good old fashioned raw exploitation on the addictive tendencies of human nature.