Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Monthly Subscription vs. Cash Shop

2»

Comments

• LiancaLianca Member Posts: 10
    I much much prefer my f2p MUD from Iron Realms. there is an option for extra stuff and a subscription with bonuses if you want, or you can earn all your loot in game. Sometimes I don't have the means to pay out each month and that's fine.When I can treat myself I will. My game won't lockdown on me if I can't make the subscription fee though.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by Banaghran

Originally posted by nariusseldon

hmm .. what hidden agenda? It is not like the cash shop is a SECRET when it is plastered everywhere. I much rather have a cash shop that i can choose NOT to buy from. 

The choice is the important part and why this subject is so complicated, and varies from game to game, case to case.

The differences are sometimes subtle, f2p playing with paying guys, or on separate servers, the inability to progress past a certain point without cs items and so on, then the advertised "free to play" becomes blurred and foggy, "free to play(but not forever)", "free to play(but not complete)", and people feel cheated, even if you can argue that "free to play" means just "free to play" and nothing else, making rift f2p :)

Flame on!

:)

You are so wrong.  Free to play means you get some level of play for free. No where does it say everything for free.  People are just greedy and want everything for nothing.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• draxxisdraxxis Member Posts: 1
    It does seem like the F2P model is starting to take over, but I much rather prefer the subscription base style over the F2P. I don't really like the cash shop style mainly because they will keep exploiting thier shop by adding new items almost every week or every month. Plus IMHO the subscription based gmes tend to have more quality overall.
  • spaceportspaceport Member Posts: 405

Monthly Subscription hands down, games with cash shop instead of subs always end up being more expensive to play.

Of course you could always play a cash shop game without buying anything, but it lowers the quality of the game overall without convenience items, and all the convenience items that would be available for free in sub based games awlays end up being more expensive than 15$ a month.

"Esport with tournaments is for hardcore pvp'rs that want to be competitive. Openworld PVP with ganking and griefing is for casuals that just wants their pvp mixed with pve from time to time."
    otacu