Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Game recommendation

GorweGorwe ZagrebPosts: 2,472Member Uncommon

If you would take some time to read the following and help me that would be grand ;)!

With the passing of what I call LoL age(past five-six monts), I have come to experience strange emptyness in what to play. Ideally it would be Warhammer MMO(NOT WAR!!!) where I could log on and do whatever and feel just fine. Why no WAR you ask? Well it has to do with the way EA has been treating Warhammer IP lately. I am looking for games,MMOs, even mods that accomplish most of the following

-Based on strong IP(made up IPs can work if they are like GW and not like Warcraft where it is shameless ripoff)

-Roleplay friendly(even better if it is MMO with strong RP aspects)

-Realistic Graphics(Stylized gfx can pass too, but NO ANIME!!!!!)

-PvE focused but with a dressing of PvP(so the ideal split would be 75/25%)-only for MMOs!!!

-Alt char friendly(i.e. not so much mandatory grinds)-ie replayable

-Standard combat is fine(both for MMOs and other games)

-I HIGHLY dislike mindless fighting/zerging/shooting/cheap strategies

-COOPERATIVE rather than COMPETITIVE(for MMOs)

-Warhammer Fantasy(40k is good too) if possible(no their ripoffs, they frustrate me greatly) ;)

Game types I like are: Strategies(all kinds of), RPG(all kinds of, with the exception of JRPG)

List one present game or MMO and one upcoming game or MMO. If talking about game you can even list mods used. Hell you can even recommend mods(Nehrim for example)! Am very interested what the results are going to be ... :)

Thank you in advance and Asuryan's blessings!

Comments

• GorweGorwe ZagrebPosts: 2,472Member Uncommon
    I do not want to spam or sth, but 50+ views and not single reply?

I also wanted to add that good Community(be it online in a MMO or on forums otherwise) is definitely a plus.
    Also, I Like cohesive stories(one of the major elements of Immersion imo).
    Convoluted systems are a detractor for me. The simpler/better explained, the merrier.
  • I hate to be a naysayer, but I don't think there is such an MMORPG that meets your requirements. All MMOs have their advantages and disadvantages. For the most immersive world with the largest amount of lore you'd probably want to look at World of Warcraft, which is somewhat based off Warhammer anyhow. However World of Warcraft has little to no RP elements and the combat can be somewhat mindless, though it becomes tactical later on when a varity of spells are avilible, also some say the graphics are cartoonish.

For more realistic graphics vanguard or everquest 2 might be worth a try for you, but combat is more or less then same as WoW, since WoW combat was based on everquest combat. 

In truth I think what you might be looking for is a table top roleplaying game, it is cooperative, emphasizes roleplaying and originality in characters, ect. There are a few online type sessions for these, but they are usually chat room based with simple map graphics, so no hyper realism. You may instead want to look into your local game shops and see if any of them host table top games.

Noted. How about single-player Strategy/RPG type games?

Anyone else?
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,770Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Gorwe

I do not want to spam or sth, but 50+ views and not single reply?

Some of the things you're asking for are vague, and the list taken as a whole doesn't clearly point to any particular game.  This is the sort of thread where, if you get any suggestions at all, they're likely to be of the "I'm ignoring what you're asking for and listing my favorite game" variety.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas New Westminster, BCPosts: 468Member

Anyone else?

How old are you willing to go? I could name quite a few for you. And are you dead-set on fantasy or could you handle a bit of space stuff too?

Where's the any key?

• dronfwardronfwar Shitty, DEPosts: 316Member

Anyone else?

Risen 2 perhaps

What would you suggest Quiz(I wanted YOUR opinion ;))?
    So, is there really no game that meets my demands?

If so, then call me Ishmael cause that can't be the truth!

(can it?)
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Posts: 14,770Member Uncommon

What would you suggest Quiz(I wanted YOUR opinion ;))?

Fine then.  Go play Guild Wars.  I don't know if you'll like it, but it's a great game.

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon

So, is there really no game that meets my demands?

If so, then call me Ishmael cause that can't be the truth!

(can it?)

You're wanting pie, cake, dingdongs, twinkies and french fries.. it just isn't going to work.

• xDayxxDayx St Charles, MOPosts: 712Member
    Perhaps lotro, landroval server
    So besides GW 2 I have basically nothing to play. Great!

And yes, a game should have all of those things I listed. Hell, GW 1 had it. Morrowind had it. Baldur's Gate had it. But those games are Legendary. I am SOOO angry/disappointed that today's games are all one trick ponies. Take TERA for example. Remove nice Graphics and targetting reticules and you have your old MMO. A game should be an experience in itself and it HAS to immerse you. I do not care what anyone else thinks, but I loved Space Marine. Such a beautifully done 40k game(and you actually felt as a Space Marine while playing it). Curse WoW/CoD for what they have done to games. I feel as though games of today are lacking something. Luckilly, there is ANet, Relic, CD Projekt, Valve ;)

Perhaps they will start making good games again instead of filler trash. Filler trash such as WAR. And now there won't be a Warhammer Fantasy game(let alone MMO) for ages! I mean true Warhammer experience and not Wrath of Heroes something, something.

Anyways, I am rambling. Thank You for Your help! Thank You very much ;)!
  • guldurkhandguldurkhand DirkslandPosts: 23Member

I recommend Skyrim, it is really what you are searching for.

• XasapisXasapis VolosPosts: 5,561Member Uncommon
    If you didn't like warhammer online PvE, you may not like GW2 either, since its basically an evolution of the war dynamic events. Besides that, GW2 doesn't seem to be coming out this summer, we'll be lucky if it's out by September.
  • SeariasSearias Edmonton, ABPosts: 712Member Uncommon
    I think the best mmo for you is going to be The Secret World. http://www.thesecretworld.com/gameplay

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

What I don't Like about War's PvE(I LOVE stories there, Like "The lesser of two Evils") is the fact I have NOBODY to play it with, seeing how xp in WAR = Bad, therefore everyone avoids PvE Like Plague(see what I did there?) It is also filled with PvE haters(wtf it has one of the conceptually best PvEs out there) and its' PvE is riddled with bugs. Otherwise, yes I love WARs PvE. Therefore I will love PvE in GW 2.

If only I had someone to play WAR with(someone who does not care about Renown *shudders*)...
  • sanshi44sanshi44 BrisbanePosts: 1,088Member Uncommon

If you would take some time to read the following and help me that would be grand ;)!

With the passing of what I call LoL age(past five-six monts), I have come to experience strange emptyness in what to play. Ideally it would be Warhammer MMO(NOT WAR!!!) where I could log on and do whatever and feel just fine. Why no WAR you ask? Well it has to do with the way EA has been treating Warhammer IP lately. I am looking for games,MMOs, even mods that accomplish most of the following

-Based on strong IP(made up IPs can work if they are like GW and not like Warcraft where it is shameless ripoff)

-PvE focused but with a dressing of PvP(so the ideal split would be 75/25%)-only for MMOs!!!

-Warhammer Fantasy(40k is good too) if possible(no their ripoffs, they frustrate me greatly) ;)

Game types I like are: Strategies(all kinds of), RPG(all kinds of, with the exception of JRPG)

List one present game or MMO and one upcoming game or MMO. If talking about game you can even list mods used. Hell you can even recommend mods(Nehrim for example)! Am very interested what the results are going to be ... :)

Sounds like you may love Guildwars 2 its current going through close beta events (If you prepurchase From GW2 website you get acess to the events) It has alot of the stuff your looking for and more.

• SoulOfRazielSoulOfRaziel Porto FerreiraPosts: 405Member Uncommon

After read ur post there is one game that pops on my mind GW2.... I played the beta and i think u will really like it when it launches.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas New Westminster, BCPosts: 468Member

Anyone else?

Some of these may be slightly older titles, but I've found them quite fun.

STRATEGY/RTS:

-The Homeworld trilogy

-Starcraft II

-Nexus, The Jupiter Incident

-Hegemonia, Legions of Iron

RPG:

-Dead Island (playing this one currently, mucho fun :) )

-Summoner

-Neverwinter Nights

-Half-Life 2

All of the above are computer games; if you list what consoles you have I could give some suggestions for those as well.

Where's the any key?

Awesome game recommendations!

Nexus, Hegemonia and Homeworlds are awesome games of old. We need more such games...

Starcraft 2 is WAAAY weaker than its' predecessor and both are 40k ripoffs. I do not Like SC 2 much(contrast that to my love for SC 1)

Dead Island...hm. Is it not with zombies? I do not Like such games...

NWN 1/2 are both awesome games each in their own Special way. Of course I played them(every RPG Fan needs to anyways). More such games please...

Half-Lifes, wait! Have you just classified em as RPGs lol? Anyways, awesome games made by an awesome studio(Valve). I played them and enjoyed them(as EVERY gamer MUST play them anyways)...

Concerning TES recommendations, all I will say is that my favourite TES is TES III: Morrowind. Make what you will out of that...

And finally, Guild Wars series. Yes, I LOOOVE Guild Wars series and I Like what I am seeing from beta so far. I have all the standalones(CE Factions and Nightfall) and the expansion. And I am going to have the Sequel(no CE because, frankly, I feel ripped off by all the nonsense there{statue and of a CHARR no less, pfffff}).

Now there is just one more wish I have. It is to play WAR in all its' greatness(sth that even Mythic{lol what a fail!} can not grasp apparently...). Why? Because it is the best Warhammer game currently(however sad that sounds). What does that mean? Well it means playing how I want, when I want. It means that I can freely alternate between PvE and PvP and RvR and RP. Because you can do all of that there, but Mythic had other ideas(they dumbified game by, basically, eliminating PvP{Scenarios} and PvE{and with that RP})...

Thanks for your imput. Asuryan's blessings ;)!