Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really great game

124»

Comments

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    Oops, clarification:

Four different versions of the same chest piece was listed. Meaning one "Nightfall" chest piece will have ".11% heal on hit" as a secondary stat and another will have "2% reduction from player damage" as a secondary stat. They share the same base stats according to their level.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

EME didn't say the changed the endgame items so i assume it's like in Ktera.

And in Ktera you get the best tier in instances not in the open world.

You can ask people who played endgame in ktera or wait for the first english wiki.

Yeah but is that the "best" for PvP or just PvE? We'll have to wait and see I guess since KTERA has been changing recently just as much as the west version is.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Archaegeo

Currently you cannot GvG on a PVE server.

PVP servers retain the fact that western gankers (those who attack people 6 or more levels below them with no risk) QQ's so much that all penalties from infamy were removed.

So currently, there is NO pvp content other than random gankage, duels, or GvG (for no purpose other than GvG) on PvP servers.

I like the game, just dont go making false claims about it.

GW2 has WvWvW pvp that Tera doesnt even come close to touching. Its a different game.

Tera was, like SWTOR, apparently SHOCKED that people want to PvP.  They had 7 PVE servers at launch and 3 PVP, which rapidly all had queues to log in, so they made a 4th PvP yesterday that they will give free transfers to today.

But it remains a fact that for the western market, the game was made easy mode.  (ie, no ganking penalties and enchantment failures do not lower the enchantment on your item)

there is actully infamy penalties i just dont think ther quit as harsh but i do know your stam lowers faster if you have high infamy you know lowbies can get away from the ganking they just switch channels..

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by otacu

EME didn't say the changed the endgame items so i assume it's like in Ktera.

And in Ktera you get the best tier in instances not in the open world.

You can ask people who played endgame in ktera or wait for the first english wiki.

all i know is they better not add BGs to pvp servers

• PanossianPanossian Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by Betaguy

Game is great, caught me off gaurd, I actually bought it and subbed.... Heh.

Game is in much better shape than GW2 and has way more meaningful PvP than GW2.

This is just plain absurd. Tera pvp mechanics are average at best and it's hard to believe after all these years there are this many people out there who think this is actually a quality pvp game.

Current Game FFXIV (Cactuar)
    Looking for 1 healer for 8 mans.

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Can you provide a link saying the best gear only comes from instances? As I understand there are a few ways to get the "best gear" and I'm not sure how they are stated for PvP.

Last night while on the broker I noticed the same chest piece had multiple secondary effects, one if which was PC defense. This was a level 17 item I believe.

Before making assertions about end game let's make sure we have a. All and b. Correct information.

As of right now in K-TERA, the best gear actually comes from crafting.  Tier 12 I believe, because the tier 13 gear (from raids) cannot be enchanted past +6(or some low number).  

PvP gear only comes from instanced BG's, and only goes up to tier 11, so it's worse than PvE gear.   They're reworking BG's in the summer and will probably introduce tier 12/13 PvP gear at that time too.

You can reroll the additional stats on equipment using an item.  In K-Tera all the extra stats and the +3/6/9 bonuses get rerolled, but EME said they were changing it for the western release so that you can lock certain stats and only reroll the ones you want, making it much easier to get that perfect set of extra stats for your equipment (although I didn't get a chance to test this mechanic myself during the betas and early access).  You can roll into PvP stats on PvE gear with that, which is why the tier 12 PvE gear can be better than tier 11 PvP gear for PvP.

Edit: Actually, you can also earn PvP gear via the tokens you ear from guild quests, but the exchange rate seems to be so terrible that you're better off just grinding them via BGs.

Thanks for the info ET! So if NA follows the same itemization then it does seem like PvPers will be forced into PvE at some point.

Since you seem knowledgable, does GvG wins/losses effect your points toward guild leveling? I heard there is nice gear that comes from vendors if you have a high level guild.

Also, since crafted offers the best overall gear, with enchanting in mind, doesn't that mean material gained on the open would be valuable? That would be important concerning endgame OWPvP I would think.

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

Originally posted by Deron_Barak

Thanks for the info ET! So if NA follows the same itemization then it does seem like PvPers will be forced into PvE at some point.

Since you seem knowledgable, does GvG wins/losses effect your points toward guild leveling? I heard there is nice gear that comes from vendors if you have a high level guild.

Also, since crafted offers the best overall gear, with enchanting in mind, doesn't that mean material gained on the open would be valuable? That would be important concerning endgame OWPvP I would think.

Most of my info is just from posts on terafans/official forums from people who played the K-tera version.  I don't know whether GvG affects guild leveing, but it looks like they're completely revamping the whole instanced PvP system come summer (along with the warrior/lancer stamina update for dodge/block) so things will probably change very soon anyways.

Crafted gear is the best, but it's also ridiculously expensive since it's heavily luck reliant.   Also, it's only as of right now that crafted gear is the best, as tier 13 PvE gear is somewhat restricted.   Before that PvE gear from instances was the best.   So basically things will probably keep alternating as they release new updates.   Also, the instance gear is close enough in performance that it seems only the richest players opt to try for the crafted stuff.

Edit:  Found this fairly in depth crafting guide: 

http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.com/2012/02/tera-online-crafting-guide.html

It seems that you don't need any kind of 'special' material to craft stuff, which means every mob can drop those raw mats (you just need a ton of them).   Also, the designs for the end game armor all come from instance bosses anyways.

There's also a Q/A session with the developers and they stated that their end goal was to have instance bosses drop the best gear and for crafted gear to come 'close'.   So it looks like crafted gear being currently on top is just temporary until they push out new content.