Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Putting the War Back in Warcraft - Part 2

13»

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

Originally posted by Netspook

The only game that I think is better than WoW is Eve Online - most MMORPGs are WoW clones, and WoW is the biggest one.

Blizzard should task one dev, who likes world PvP, to sit quietly on his own - in a coffee shop or something - an figure out how to re-introduce world PvP back into WoW.

I'm sure it can be done - but Blizzard needs to keep loud mouth people, who don't really know what they are talking about, well out of the decision making process.

'Team discussions' could easily kill WoW totally, because all you get are the loud people talking.

Keep PR / advertising / accountants WELL AWAY from WoW, and then WoW might have a good future once again.

So, you wanna let one single person decide the future of WoW, and the only requirement is that this person likes world PvP?

Thankfully, Blizzard is not that stupid.

A couple of weeks ago a study showed that if you want a complex problem solved it's better to have one competent person focusing on it.

'Team decision making' is perfect for pub quizzes when the answers are obvious. However, when questions get more difficult, only the loudest people tend to answer up. The best solutions are normally drowned out.

For example, Albert Einstien pretty much invented the atom bomb - it wasn't really that much of a team effort.

With regard to Blizzard, I can easily imagine a confident PR guy TELLING a dev what to do. I work in PR myself, so I have an insight into this.

Letting one single person's tastes and preferances decide the development of any MMO is beyond retarded. Anyone should be able to understand why, just not you, appearently.

You're omparing MMO development with the invention of the a-bomb? Really? If that's the level of "insight" you're using when doing your PR job, then I feel sorry for the company you're working for. But I doubt you're telling the truth, it doesn't seem like you know anything at all about PR.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by ShakyMo

Doesnt matter what they do. 2 factions, engine that doesn't like lots of players on screen, and massively lob sided existing servers. They should leave pvp to gw2 and ps2 and concentrate on pve imo.

Don't know what game you're playing but Blizzard does one thing better than all of the other MMO's out there - it runs well. I don't have a top of the line computer and I get 60fps+ everywhere with settings on good. You can say what you want about Wow but you can't damn their performance.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• SeriousblackSeriousblack Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by Seriousblack

The only game that I think is better than WoW is Eve Online - most MMORPGs are WoW clones, and WoW is the biggest one.

Blizzard should task one dev, who likes world PvP, to sit quietly on his own - in a coffee shop or something - an figure out how to re-introduce world PvP back into WoW.

I'm sure it can be done - but Blizzard needs to keep loud mouth people, who don't really know what they are talking about, well out of the decision making process.

'Team discussions' could easily kill WoW totally, because all you get are the loud people talking.

Keep PR / advertising / accountants WELL AWAY from WoW, and then WoW might have a good future once again.

Good luck with that. It's a business. PR/ advertising/ accountants are essential.

You want an accountant to design WoW? Really?

I didn't say it. Pay attention... you did. I have to agree with "spook" on your last comment.

• lady_k7332lady_k7332 Member Posts: 1
    In the idea of PvE, a system like they used in the ol' JumpGate game might be handy. Maybe even play with a PvP version of it, yeah sure dailys are great, what about something with a shorter timer. Lots of ideas to play with there, maybe having to go through an alliance village as horde to "interogate" a character, a bounty system would be fun, lots of ideas one can mess with really. Just my 2c worth of thought.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
          I lost interest in WoW just before the Lich King came out....IT sounds like that was about the peak of the game and it has gone downhill ever since...To be honest I dont miss the game one iota
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    1 month before release of Swtor I have not seen single video regarding, have not been following at all ... somehow had impression will be disaster like Star Trek. But now Swtor is my best game ever and I can say it took throne over Wow. But wow is stil very close to throne. And my 3rd love for now is Rift. I can barely wait for any expansion of any of this three.
  • oldwarlordoldwarlord Member Posts: 1

We need something more than just pvp or pve. The only real rewards are some great item or reconition of victory. Sure, these are important to us. Unfortunately thats all we seem to fight for. Theres no real goal. What we need is a final goal, a victory. Something like one side taking a piece of land from the other side. This land has a resource our kingdom/Guild needs. While in our posession we try to build up defences in this teritorry while we aquire as much of this resourse while holding off the enemy. Also, not only do we take the territories which could have harder defenses the closer we get, we could actually take the enemies stronghold and win the game. People do like having high level characters. We also like the quest and challenge of an actual war. A final ending, a long awaited goal will give the people all the great memories they want. Money can be made easilly on such a game. People will pay for many things in such a game and feel the money was well spent. Between the quest, items, weapons, armor , and many other ideals, people of all game types will most likly enjoy such a game.

Another thing that would make a game like this great for me is something like spells and skills or crafts are not just given but quested for. A master  for a spell/skill/craft who tell you what must be done or what is needed to aquire said spell/skill/craft. Each one could be scattered across the territories so that a territory must be either snuck thru or taken to get said spell/skill/craft  

• PvPMEPvPME Member Posts: 14

Tarren Mill, owning alliance for a few minutes only see the Alliance pouring in from Southshore and getting overwhelmed. Open world PvP at it's best.  Now that was PVP imo!

Alas, NEVER to be seen again.