Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game surprised me

BlocheadjBlocheadj Member Posts: 32

Was planning to play GW2 however i noticed TERA a while ago and it caught my eye but i wasint keeping up with developments. Checked out that it had actually launched and decided screw it may aswell give it a shot as ive been looking for a new MMO for years and games like aion and SWTOR did not excite me atall.

Started playing today, and jesus christ i just cant get off the game. Everything from the prologue right through the starter island is so highly polished, the graphics are amazing and the combat is fun. Right of the bat i noticed small things like achivements, dungeon finders, guild searching and many more.

Im very very very impressed, and believe me i dont impress easy. Ive also heard it gets better after the starter island (which ive just finished) so im looking very forward to the rest of the game.

The art style is something i really like but im more of a fan of this eastern style art, crazy armors and weapons excite me.

If your unsure about this game then just give it a shot, what more could you loose. Personally i found that ive already got my £30 worth from just filling up all my time today.

As stated by the title, i am VERY surprised how interesting this game is so far.

Comments

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

In before the same handful of trolls come and tell you that you're wrong and TERA will be f2p 1 year ago.

On a side note: Glad you enjoyed the game :) What class are you playing?

Seems like you either love the combat/style of the game or you absolutely hate it and want to run over its dog with your car.

• BlocheadjBlocheadj Member Posts: 32

yea i understand, what i like about it is that it has been pretty low key, but by the sounds of people on the servers there really surprised at how well done the game is.

Currently playing a lancer, i like the fact that each enemy had a different attack pattern and you had to time blocks and movements around that. how about you?

yea, i can see about the combat. Its honestly to me the greatest thing going for it ive found it a breath of fresh air in the mmo genre. How long it will last im not sure but in the mean time im currently laying on my sofa playing it with my ps3 controller ^^
  • helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by Blocheadnoir

yea, i can see about the combat. Its honestly to me the greatest thing going for it ive found it a breath of fresh air in the mmo genre. How long it will last im not sure but in the mean time im currently laying on my sofa playing it with my ps3 controller ^^

lol hell yah this guy is doing it right. I'll lay down in bed and play with my ps3 controller as well :) Awesome!

I'm playing a zerker at the moment and having a ton of fun. I attack slow and have to really be careful with my attacks in PvP, but if I connect, it's gonna hurt. I love cyclone - so much fun spinning around in circles cleaving shit.

My first character (and the other class I'm torn between playing) is a warrior. Having to actually evasive tank by dodging shit is what sold me on the game as opposed to just stacking hp and "dodge" stats. A buddy I'm playing with wanted to Lancer so I put the warrior on the backburner.

They revolutionized tanking if you ask me :)

Q's up, cya on the other side !

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

I liked the combat, the monsters, the environments and pretty much eveything to go with it in TERA.

The only thing keeping me from getting hooked is the armors. I'm not "offended" like some people, I just really don't want my character to look the way most of them do. I've found that by playing a human male the armor normally suits my style but human males are boring.

I'm going to try to push past that and see how I feel but I dunno...

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

i understand about the armor, its all about a preferance however, it certainly suits mine. Im playing a human male lancer and jesus does my guy actually look like a "tank".  Looks solid from head to toe.

I think if your expectations are low your gona be pleasantly surprised but if you go into any game these days expecting it to be this and that then no matter what its gona let you down. I think thats why the game has gripped me soo much i expected it to be the same old mmo but something about it has made me click.

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

Was planning to play GW2 however i noticed TERA a while ago and it caught my eye but i wasint keeping up with developments. Checked out that it had actually launched and decided screw it may aswell give it a shot as ive been looking for a new MMO for years and games like aion and SWTOR did not excite me atall.

Started playing today, and jesus christ i just cant get off the game. Everything from the prologue right through the starter island is so highly polished, the graphics are amazing and the combat is fun. Right of the bat i noticed small things like achivements, dungeon finders, guild searching and many more.

Im very very very impressed, and believe me i dont impress easy. Ive also heard it gets better after the starter island (which ive just finished) so im looking very forward to the rest of the game.

The art style is something i really like but im more of a fan of this eastern style art, crazy armors and weapons excite me.

If your unsure about this game then just give it a shot, what more could you loose. Personally i found that ive already got my £30 worth from just filling up all my time today.

As stated by the title, i am VERY surprised how interesting this game is so far.

Couldnt have said it better myself. I was sceptical about the game but now am loving it. Best £35 I've spent

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I was on the fence about TERA as well.  A guild mate told me they liked the beta, and they disappeared for a couple of weekends to play it, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Even then, I was skeptical, but I gradually got into the gameplay.  I tried a sorceror first, then an archer.

I'm hooked!  I spent most of yesterday leveling an archer, and I was having a blast!

This one snuck up on me.  It gets minimal coverage compared to other over-hyped titles (looking at you Guild Wars 2), and it's a lot more fun to play.

I was actually in this weekend's beta weekend event for GW2, and I had more fun with TERA.

To be fair, GW2 really is in beta stage right now.  It's not a "stress test preview" so much as a real beta with occasional crashes and game-stopping bugs that I had to relog out of, so it's too early for me to pass harsh judgment on GW2, but I think TERA's in fine shape!

• TheDubanat0rTheDubanat0r Member Posts: 76
    I also Just bough the game. The combat is what makes this game awesome. I am playing a priest and enjoying the shit out of it. Even if the game wants me to grind later levels It will be fun b.c of how good the combat is. 
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

Man, if you were impressed with the prologue and starter island, I have news for you:  You ain't seen nothing yet.  The rest of the game is going to knock your socks off.  

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    anyone have a spare head start buddy key?
  • rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428
    check your IMs
  • rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by RebelScum99

Man, if you were impressed with the prologue and starter island, I have news for you:  You ain't seen nothing yet.  The rest of the game is going to knock your socks off.  

What he said lol, the prologue and starter island is like the dullest part of the game, follow by lvl 11-20. When you fight your first BAM and do your first dungeon i don't think you will want to ever log off =P

Honestly i think it took many people by suprise and ironiclly GW2 beta helped Tera out so much lol its so funny =X

• ThadiunThadiun Member Posts: 8
    I was  also suprised with Tera.  I played the beta weekend and was hooked.  I nornally don't post my opionions on games in these types of forums, but with this game I felt compelled too.   I have no ill feelings with other games like SWTOR, GW2, WoW, or Rift, since I played them all and enjoyed their unique style of gameplay.  For myself,  Tera brought everything together  that I like about an MMO and added some suger to it. I would go into deeper description of why, but I don't really have the time to type all those reasons lol.  Looking forward in purchasing the game this coming Tuesday.   Hopefully see some of you in game.
  • Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202
    Any buddy key available?  Id really like to give the game a try.  PM me if so, please.
  • Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    I perfectly agree with you bro, very good, polished and fun game. Best that has come out in years and will probably be the best out for years.People say quests are "similar" but tbh there not, and there isnt much else that could really be done, the combat is awesome and the graphics are currently the best graphics out of any other mmorpg.
  • rexzshadowrexzshadow Member Posts: 1,428

Originally posted by Damage99

Any buddy key available?  Id really like to give the game a try.  PM me if so, please.

I swear that right now i still be sitting on my three keys along with three of my friend's keys just hoping some one want them. But seem like everyone is wantting Tera beta keys left and right and we barely had enough keys for all the people on vent that suddenly wanted to play all of a sudden = Hope you find one.

• HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61

I agree with your assessment of this game.

I played in Early Beta and honestly hated every second of it, Played as a Sorcerer as thats what i play in nearly every other game ive played and found it really easy and repetative at the early levels and i gave up.

I was bored the other day so tried the open Beta and rolled a Warrior for a change and was totally amazed and Hooked from that point. I pre-ordered and managed to get to level 15 in the 1 day that i was able to play in headstart before work stopped me.

I actually cant wait to get back in there! having to actually move and dodge when playing a Warrior or getting destroyed really makes things interesting and if you're not paying attention you'll be in serious trouble. I really like that.

So even though im still not a fan of the Artstyle (never will be a fan either) im totally gonna be playing this for a good while.

• verdexus024verdexus024 Member Posts: 2
    anyone have a spare head start buddy key?
  • SpectralHunterSpectralHunter Member UncommonPosts: 455

I also didn't consider Tera until a few weeks back.  But after playing in beta, I'm hooked.  The bottomline for me is combat.  It is so fluid and fun that I have a problem going back to my old click target mmos.  And I don't care what some people say, combat is the #1 factor when it comes to mmos.  It's what we do most of the time.

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

wow, 22 posts and no trolls yet!

heheh

i got 10 days with a buddy key that i found by googling for it.

buncha people were posting their buddy keys publicly, but you gotta spend alot of time copy/pasting alot of keys before you find one thats unused.

i think the trick is to go to little visited forums.  not sure how popular onrpg.com is, but thats the forum where i finally found one that works.   not too likely to get an unused one off of THESE forums, unless somebody PMs you one.

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    Loving the game, I mean I am addicted to the combat. It has ruined me for other MMOs. I didn't really think I could enjoy the game and combat more and then I fought my first BAMs tonight. Let's just say I was wrong, I am even more addicted now lol.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    I dabbled in Closed Beta 4 and 5 and walked away unsure of the game. It seemed good, nothing special. Then I left starter isle, got to Velika City and levelled up my Berserker and I was blown away, the combat gets better as you advance. The flights from point to point are breathtaking, I love sitting back and watching the world fly by, beautiful. Brushing past trees even tosses leaves into the air, very nice attention to detail in the game in both the visuals and sounds.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Hybridvampyr

I agree with your assessment of this game.

I played in Early Beta and honestly hated every second of it, Played as a Sorcerer as thats what i play in nearly every other game ive played and found it really easy and repetative at the early levels and i gave up.

I was bored the other day so tried the open Beta and rolled a Warrior for a change and was totally amazed and Hooked from that point. I pre-ordered and managed to get to level 15 in the 1 day that i was able to play in headstart before work stopped me.

I actually cant wait to get back in there! having to actually move and dodge when playing a Warrior or getting destroyed really makes things interesting and if you're not paying attention you'll be in serious trouble. I really like that.

So even though im still not a fan of the Artstyle (never will be a fan either) im totally gonna be playing this for a good while.

youll get use to it and it wont bother you anymore