It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Recruitment status - OPEN
Location: North America
Server: Fort Aspenwood
Guild Size: Large (60+)
Age Group: 18+
Focus: Primary focus is WvW
Shadow of Apophis (SoA) has experienced many games throughout our decade history. As Shadow of Apophis, our next home will be made in Guild Wars 2. The guild was formed in 2002 for SWG under a different name, and has participated in many games since. While we all have a lot of experience, we approach each new game as a fresh start, because yesterday's winds don't sail today's ships. We don't want you to join us because of where we've been, we want you to join us because of where we're going.
SoA was part of the Titan Alliance on Henge of Denravi but decided to make a move for the sake of the guild, queue times, and more of a fight.
As a guild, we move through games at our own pace. We are a tight-knit community-driven guild. The term “tight-knit” is often thrown around without discretion by leaders to describe any guild or entity that isn't extremely large in number. With SoA, the term is accurately applied. We prefer a guild atmosphere where members know and appreciate each other, and where members are not just a number. Coinciding with our moniker of “do more with less”, we don’t just throw numbers at an objective or a problem - we take what we have and apply ourselves through knowledge and ability in order to complete any given task. From this, and in dealing with challenge and adversity, comes a legitimate sense of accomplishment and camaraderie.
Rules in SoA exist for the purpose of maintaining a healthy community. Our rules are not a main function for the guild, but serve as the oil that keeps the guild functioning smoothly. While we do have rules that we expect our members to follow, we tend to focus more on the fun and enjoyment of gaming.
1. Have some fun. That's the point of games and end-state of everything we do.
2. Respect your fellow guildmates regardless of rank or status.
3. Check the forums at least twice a week for possible news and updates.
4. No cheating. This includes 3rd party cheat programs and exploiting in-game mechanics.
Conduct in SoA is important, as we want to maintain a competitive nature and image within the gaming community. When you represent the guild, your conduct throughout the gaming community reflects on us.
1. Be respectful.
2. Remain positive when dealing with adversity. Everyone loses, and everyone dies in game. Don't let it negatively effect you. Learn from mistakes made.
3. Use common sense and baseline respect on forums. This includes fansite forums, official game forums, and any forum in which you represent SoA.
4. Exhibit and maintain a level of play that is competitive and meshes with the rest of the guild. Always strive to improve and to help improve your fellow members. Not everyone can be the best, but everyone can improve. Sharing information about games, strategy, and being helpful toward fellow guild members is greatly encouraged and expected.
5. While soloing is permitted, group play is an important aspect of the guild. Try to group whenever possible.
The guild resides in the North America and Europe. Our North American schedules events around Eastern time, and our European teams work around GMT +1.
If you have any questions about either our NA Teams or EU teams please feel contact us.
First you must register to www.shadowofapophis.com, after which you will see a link to the application, or you can go here after you register to apply. Upon approval of your application and interview, you'll be inducted into the guild.
Thank you for your time and interest.
You are welcome to join us at www.shadowofapophis.com to check us out and be a part of our community.
[Matriarch of Shadow of Apophis]