Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time's ALMOST UP! To buy, or not to buy!?

124»

Comments

• ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by Deleted User
    3. IT IS NOT A TRUE ACTION MMO... you can dodge attacks but you can not cancel or cast spells on the run.

Everytime i see that i have to think of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZxzJGgox_E

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Originally posted by Divion

To buy, or not to buy!

That is that question!

This article attempts to shed some light on those who are still unsure -- To those who have tried the game, what do you think, it's this an accurate assertion? 

http://www.examiner.com/article/tera-online-who-should-and-shouldn-t-buy-it

Sure -every- game is worth a -TRY- but is every game worth a purchase, in a saturated market, should people be buying things they will only try once, and unsub after the free month? Or should consider being a little more careful with our money to avoid becoming jaded to the genre?

My game taste is different to your game taste and most of everyone else's taste, so only you can decide whether Tera is a game for you. You could make your asumptions about the game through this forum or through media reviews, and you can even try you tube. Until you try it you are never going to know if the game is your cup of tea.

I played the Beta, I enjoyed the combat,  but...... it felt the same as any other mmo out there, it also felt a little pervy with the female characters and the litle girl.  Thats my take on the game and I wouldnt buy it, but as I said thats my own personal opinion.

• BombzawayBombzaway Member UncommonPosts: 78
    O and like, with the +10 euros of CE, you get a friggin LION...nuff said
  • ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by Divion

Originally posted by Sinaku

I find the game mesmerizing.

What is it doing different?

Not very much but it is doing it so well that I can't stop playing.

The only reason I can get away from the game is the que times :P

Beautiful, fast paced, all around good MMO.

Also the story quest lines are actually good and for that I am impressed!

What's the longevity though... i feel this way about allot of NEW MMO's.. but usualy leads to me ubsubbing after the first month -.-

These are my thoughts as well. Every new mmo I try I think that it is great in the beginning. But, the new eventually wears off and I am bored again.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    For me, its not to buy, sure, the graphics look good in terms of the environment, but the character models are laughable, and the "True Action Combat" is in my opinion not true action combat at all.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176
    I decided not to buy. After playing a few beta events I found the game to look fantastic, and combat was fun, but PVE questing was a bit of a snooze fest FOR ME. I am sure others find it to be fine. Also, after playing GW2 beta weekend I see enough in there for it to be one of my go to games. Lastly, with Secret World coming too I had to put Tera to the back of the line for possibilities.

• UrliqUrliq Member Posts: 2
    I actually pre-ordered the game so I could try the beta. But I could not get the beta to launch on my computer at any point, so I ended up canceling my pre-order. Really wish I had gotten it to work so I could know if it was worth buying.
  • ScypherothScypheroth Member Posts: 264
    id rather wait for D3...at this point in my life no mmorpg can catch my intrest...i played the beta and it was same old click quest get that come back...got boring fast.....at this point the mmorpg genrea is dead to me. Played the D3 beta and wasnt able to stop nice refreshing change frome the usual.
  • GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Didn't care for the Beta. Not my type of game. Others seem to like it. I hope it all does well.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

I will personaly wont buy it.Im against subscription based games.I  mean i have bought the game why in the nine hells have to pay for ever for it.

I m going to play diablo 3 and when gw 2 comes out i will paly this for a while if it's tryly worth it.

Seriously why should i support a pay model that i hate.Even if i wanted to spent some time in tera i dont because i dont like to pay per month and with arenanet's model everyone is going to turn their mmos in buy to paly.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Originally posted by reignjuste

I will personaly wont buy it.Im against subscription based games.I  mean i have bought the game why in the nine hells have to pay for ever for it.

I m going to play diablo 3 and when gw 2 comes out i will paly this for a while if it's tryly worth it.

Seriously why should i support a pay model that i hate.Even if i wanted to spent some time in tera i dont because i dont like to pay per month and with arenanet's model everyone is going to turn their mmos in buy to paly.

No their not Id rather P2P than anything its a barrier to a flood of trolls I'd rather not have around.  And from what I have heard and seen GW2 isnt even worth the box price right now.

I would say buy it and then subscribe if you feel that you want to continue.

• DivionDivion Member UncommonPosts: 411

To those who are curious...

I did buy it Digital CE, and i'm in LOVEEEE with it.. SOOOOO MUCH FUN :D

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Originally posted by reignjuste

Since GW2 marketing campaign gone on a full swing, subscriptions (and all the pros we enjoyed all these years) are suddenly a curse and cash shops a blessing. Weird times.

• Stonewall79Stonewall79 Member Posts: 3
    Did BIG mistake when bought that game. Web servises allowed me to buy game.My card was charged for corresponding funds.After that didn't recieve even e-mail.Later i discovered that my country ip is blocked.Developer bug or it was planned since begining? It does not metter now.Disappointed in service.Didn't buy that game anymore or other from that developer.

Originally posted by Stonewall79

Did BIG mistake when bought that game. Web servises allowed me to buy game.My card was charged for corresponding funds.After that didn't recieve even e-mail.Later i discovered that my country ip is blocked.Developer bug or it was planned since begining? It does not metter now.Disappointed in service.Didn't buy that game anymore or other from that developer.

Did you purchase from En Masse (US) or Frogster (EU)? Also did you ask for a refund?

Edit:

Just checked Tera EU FAQ and here's what it says:

Yes, there is an IP block for certain countries for TERA in Europe. The following countries won't be able to access our Frogster servers for TERA in Europe: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Byelorussia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine.

And just checked Tera US FAQ, sorry to say, same bad results:

En Masse will block IPs based on region. Asia, Africa, Russia, and the Middle East are included on the block list. While we appreciate that there are players in these regions who would enjoy playing on En Masse servers, it's unfortunate that the vast majority of Internet traffic we see from these regions are from cyber-criminals relating to account theft, gold-farming and other hacking behavior.

People still use VPN to bypass the IP block, but it's an unnecessary hassle imo.

Purchased from EU (US allowed atleast create account but did't allow proceed  to shop).Created customer support request and now wating for answer. It's very bad start as i searched through TERA EU forms im not the one.So frogster can take money from customers but legal problems cant allow them provide customers with propper service.

Originally posted by Xasapis

Yes, there is an IP block for certain countries for TERA in Europe. The following countries won't be able to access our Frogster servers for TERA in Europe: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kazakhstan, Byelorussia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine.

En Masse will block IPs based on region. Asia, Africa, Russia, and the Middle East are included on the block list. While we appreciate that there are players in these regions who would enjoy playing on En Masse servers, it's unfortunate that the vast majority of Internet traffic we see from these regions are from cyber-criminals relating to account theft, gold-farming and other hacking behavior.

it's unfortunate that the vast majority of Internet traffic we see from these regions are from cyber-criminals relating to account theft, gold-farming and other hacking behavior. - Thats not an answer. There's already registered domain name "tera-online.ru".  I think problem lays elsewhere. I dont belive that there's no gold sellers or hackers in US or in GB for example.

P.S. A little addition tera-europe.com when trying  to login to Account management says:"login for your country allowed".But promlem thats is the problem.im entering correct pass and acc name and result is ZERO. US at least when you trying buy game gives error message.

Yea, I think it's PR bullshit as well. More likely they haven't found a local distributor for the game yet and if they do he's going to request exclusive game publishing rights. Which won't happen if they undermine him by allowing people to join other region servers.
  • DivionDivion Member UncommonPosts: 411

I might be wrong about this, but i was under the impression they don't expect gold farmers to be a huge issue as they plan on employing a PLEX-esq (From EVE Online) system which would allow players to essentially buy their own gold from the actual playerbase through proxy of selling game time as in-game currency via RMT ~ I could be wrong, or maybe they changed their minds.

If they are planning such a system, wouldn't it make make banning countries infamous for Gold-Farming Superfluous at best?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Stonewall79

Originally posted by Xasapis

it's unfortunate that the vast majority of Internet traffic we see from these regions are from cyber-criminals relating to account theft, gold-farming and other hacking behavior. - Thats not an answer. There's already registered domain name "tera-online.ru".  I think problem lays elsewhere. I dont belive that there's no gold sellers or hackers in US or in GB for example.

P.S. A little addition tera-europe.com when trying  to login to Account management says:"login for your country allowed".But promlem thats is the problem.im entering correct pass and acc name and result is ZERO. US at least when you trying buy game gives error message.

i would imagine that in implementing those IP blocks that they are basing it on previous experience. rather than an arbitrary decision to just exclude. image