Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's BETA so offcorse not all go well, but game is alot better then almost all out there.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Originally posted by Loekii

Originally posted by GroovyFlower

I realy hope most can see behind all the nonsens that is spread here game is alot more and alot better then most out there and you dont even have to pay a monthly fee for a quality game most press that tested game where right the game is very good.

Imo, good games overcome negative hype, just as bad games cannot be disquised by positive spin.

If the game is good, people will play it, regardless of what other say on a forum.   If it is a bad game, people will leave it, regardless of what others say on a forum.

For myself, I am interested to see how ANet responds to the betaweekend feedback.   Will they work to make improvements, or will they dismiss the criticisms and ignore the identified issues?    How a company improves/responds is an important aspect to me.  

I like a lot about this post. I can sort of answer your last wonder, since last GW beta is playing out very much like this weekend. There was little feedback given to us in the last beta and little improvement overall in this one. That said, somewhere I do expect huge performance gains one of these beta's prior to release. If you are going to have huge dynamic player events, the game has to run well, otherwise you have nothing short of a mess.

• Size-TwelveSize-Twelve Member UncommonPosts: 478

Originally posted by Mannish

Originally posted by illyana

Whats better in GW2? I have not seen anything at all.

it's obvious why you dont like GW2 because you prefer ASIAN games
    so it's just a matter of taste ;)

I prefer good mmos and nonthing else. Asian mmos are better then western mmos.

No, Western MMO's are better than Asian MMO's. Shall we just keep going like this?

Or recognize this is just an opinion; one of many.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by Size-Twelve

No, Western MMO's are better than Asian MMO's. Shall we just keep going like this?

Nope its not an opinion. Look up the TOP 5 MMOS world wide and I bet 4 of them are Asain. 

• stamps79stamps79 Member Posts: 233

Getting into the beta yesterday I was pretty pumped.  I've been wanting to play this game for 3 yrs.  It to me is a huge letdown.  I didn't want to sign up just to play a Online RPG, but that's what it feels like.  It does not feel like an MMO.  Too many instances, too much loading screen, boring scripted dialog cinematics, empty world with people your just grouped up with.  I'm sure I will enjoy it down the road, but as for MMO's it has not won me over, I would rather go back to SWTOR,but the combat system is one of the reason I left that game. TERA is still the game to beat in my mind, sorry ArenaNet you just didn't win me over, at least I know I can play your game without paying monthly for it, that's good, cause the way the game is designed I wouldn't pay monthly for it.

I even read the GW2 books getting myself pumped for the game, which I did enjoy reading.  Argh, I just wanted  this to be the next big game for me. =(

Wildstar (2013) & Elder Scroll Online (2013)

Playing: Diablo 3, WOW, Far Cry 3 & X-Com.

Enjoyed: WOW 5 1/2 yrs, LOTRO 3yrs, GW 1/2yr, DFO 1yr, EVE Online 3yrs, and Huxley (Beta).

Failed to impress: GW2 3months, Tera Online 6 months (best combat system in any MMO I've played) STO 1/4yr, Aion 1/2yr, AoC 1yr, CO, Fallen Earth, DDO, EQ2 1/2yr, WAR 1/2yr, Lineage 2 and FF XI 1/2yr, FF XIV.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Originally posted by Dahkot72

I realy dont care what all you guys are saying its obvious many of you are fan of other games and have not played this game so your opinion is useless.

This game is so much more then other themeparks im glad i bought the game:)

So why post your this game is better than almost all others out there thread ?

You don't care what "all you guys say".

Why should anyone care what you say then ?

How is your opinion useful and others useless ?

Unless , only useful opinions are ones that agree with you , and anyone who doesnt agree is useless ?

You guys come here and say GW2 is bad while im convinced at least 80%(can't prove this offcorse pure speculation) have not bought or played the game, there opinions are mainly pure out of hate or from what they seen in videos and now feared that there beloved game maybe fail becouse all are going to play GW2.

But as far as i know where all free to express our opinions about game or not.

I just hope most will see beyond all the nay sayers who never have played the game.

The problem is you haven't said why you enjoy the game and what makes it different. On the other hand, the so-called haters,[sacrasm] who know the guys who hate it so much they plunked down 60 bucks[/sarcasm], have said the problem is its just like all the other junk out there.

How about telling us why its different from the rest of the themeparks, instead of empty statements?

I haven't played it, but I've been around long enough to know that the if a game is getting a lot of bad reviews from players, then its a game I need to steer clear of. Its not because of "haters". 

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245

Originally posted by stamps79

Getting into the beta yesterday I was pretty pumped.  I've been wanting to play this game for 3 yrs.  It to me is a huge letdown.  I didn't want to sign up just to play a Online RPG, but that's what it feels like.  It does not feel like an MMO.  Too many instances, too much loading screen, boring scripted dialog cinematics, empty world with people your just grouped up with.  I'm sure I will enjoy it down the road, but as for MMO's it has not won me over, I would rather go back to SWTOR,but the combat system is one of the reason I left that game. TERA is still the game to beat in my mind, sorry ArenaNet you just didn't win me over, at least I know I can play your game without paying monthly for it, that's good, cause the way the game is designed I wouldn't pay monthly for it.

I even read the GW2 books getting myself pumped for the game, which I did enjoy reading.  Argh, I just wanted  this to be the next big game for me. =(

This totally nonsens what your saying your longterm GW fan you bought game to come to conclusion thats not even slightest truth that game after few hours is not for you come on get real pls.

You have not played the game thats obvious other wise you would not come up with all these untruths about game.

TERA fans these days are so easly to spot lol.

• sapheroithsapheroith Member Posts: 116

Nope its not an opinion. Look up the TOP 5 Worst MMOS world wide and I bet 4 of them are Asian. 

Fixed.

WOW: The Most Well Known Non-Free Non-Browser Client-Based 3D Fantasy MMORPG In Some Parts of the World.

• zytinzytin Member UncommonPosts: 202

Originally posted by sapheroith

Nope its not an opinion. Look up the TOP 5 Worst MMOS world wide and I bet 5 of them are Asian. 

Fixed.

Fixed (mine's the blue).

• MckiedizMckiediz Member Posts: 48
    ANet don't use GW2 beta for marketting purpose, that pretty innovative

/sarcasm
  • ebonizedebonized Member Posts: 58

Half the people that played GW2 beta are now waiting for TERA servers to go up. LOL

man you haters are truly hilarious. why do you browse the GW2 forums and troll every single thread there is about it? is your life that pathetic? unbelievable

• ebonizedebonized Member Posts: 58

Nope its not an opinion. Look up the TOP 5 MMOS world wide and I bet 4 of them are Asain. 

LOL according to who? again this is all based on opinions. WoW is the top MMO and its a Western one, does that make your opinion completely wrong? No

what an incredibly vapid argument. again, why the hell are you here?

• LizardEgyptLizardEgypt Member UncommonPosts: 333

Originally posted by ebonized

Half the people that played GW2 beta are now waiting for TERA servers to go up. LOL

man you haters are truly hilarious. why do you browse the GW2 forums and troll every single thread there is about it? is your life that pathetic? unbelievable

And you, does your life consist of hyping and prepurchasing every single game?

Currently playing - FF14ARR
    Previous games - SWG, World of Warcraft, ShadowBane, Warhammer, Age of Conan, Darkfall, Planetside Asheron's Call, Everquest, Everquest 2, Too many.

• Miotoss03Miotoss03 Member Posts: 34

Once again Im looking for an answer to this question what game in the last 5 years fixed the lag iin beta to release? Swtor didnt, War didnt, aoc didnt, Vanguard didnt, Aion Didnt I could go on and on but thats the truth.  Every Time the LAg was brought up people came out of the wood works to say this is beta and it will be fixed, but it never was. 

The next excuse is that they trust in the development team. Guess what The development teams of all the games named failed. 

• jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127

guys guys, this is 2012, globalisation. stop differentiate one from another. 

there's no east nor west, asian or american or european or african, we all live under the same sky.

games are games, enjoy them. dont hate.

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by jackwu10

guys guys, this is 2012, globalisation. stop differentiate one from another. 

there's no east nor west, asian or american or european or african, we all live under the same sky.

games are games, enjoy them. dont hate.

+1 nice thought that many won't appreciate but I'm glad you posted it :)

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Hands down the best mmo since vanilla WoW. Not everyone will like it but that is ok. :)

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514
    Most complaints coming from low level people. Don't expect to see this game for another 3-4 months though seeing as it's not as polished as many would've thought.
  • RuyanRuyan Member Posts: 44

Well... Did you ever consider that asian players may prefer asian games? Like... there are lot of asian players out there! You can not see them, I know... but they are there!

Soo.... in the end it's a matter of taste, isn't it? If you and half of china prefers to play games that have chicks with bunny ears in it... That's your taste, Mr. Mannish.

Think about it.

• ICoppoICoppo Member Posts: 1

GW2 is the best mmo since Wow vanilla and DAOC. I played a lot of mmos, this one is the best since years.

Tried TERA too, not interesting at all.  Boring quests, boring places... not even an Aion 's clone. 

• RuyanRuyan Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by ICoppo

GW2 is the best mmo since Wow vanilla and DAOC. I played a lot of mmos, this one is the best since years.

Tried TERA too, not interesting at all.  Boring quests, boring places... not even an Aion 's clone. 

First post and it's a positive one about GW2...

You just made a lot of enemies around here! :D

Welcome! 

I didn't get the chance to play yet, but our guilds teamspeak has about 40 ppl on it and almost all of them are thrilled about the game. (lots of them are DaoC vets)

I had the chance to play it 2 years ago and it was fun back then, I hope the didn't ruin it since then! :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Ruyan

Well... Did you ever consider that asian players may prefer asian games? Like... there are lot of asian players out there! You can not see them, I know... but they are there!

Soo.... in the end it's a matter of taste, isn't it? If you and half of china prefers to play games that have chicks with bunny ears in it... That's your taste, Mr. Mannish.

Think about it.

´Guys, that discussionh doesn't lead anywhere.

It is like arguing if red or blue is a better color, it really depends who you are.

Unless you both agree about set parimeters on what the best game must have the discussion is pointless.

• illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517

This isn't a "reviewette" yet b/c I've only played 1 day  (but it was a 14 hour day so it should counts as something).

I'm NOT convinced yet this is actually better than GW1

Everyone else in my guild is giving me so much shit when I tell them that, but I think it's just b/c they refused to go into GW1 with an open mind (or never played it at all) yet they're going into this with higher than normal expectations and it's delivering on them somehow.

I don't get it.  But more power to them.  Most of the standards and conventions of GW1 are totally apparent to me.  They're very well  diguised to everyone else but I can see them clear as day and there's a few areas where I keep saying to myself:  "GW1 did this BETTER".  ...and most of those those areas where I say that, are where they split from GW1 niches and incorporated more mainstrem MMO features (like EQ, DCOU, LOTR, etc...).

• andre369andre369 Member UncommonPosts: 970

Originally posted by Laughing-man

How is the combat "different" from "wow and all those clones"?

Just about everything, feels way different to play. Even from watching videos the experience playing the game yourself is totally different.