Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Hardware Failure Detected...

KhrymsonKhrymson Eorzea, MOPosts: 3,090Member

Hardware Failure Detected

Good grief, this has become rediculous.  I had this issue with Guild Wars, having to bypass this stupid non-existent error with command line arguments.  Using -dsound -dx8 & -oldauth.

None of my hardware is OC'd, my CPU is running fine and every other game works great, even ran Prime 95 and it passed with flying colors, recently bought new Corsair Vengeance RAM.  My 750w PSU is great, plenty for my system, nothing is overheating and all are stable at low temps.

And here I am again, having the same issue with GW2, must be something on their end detecting false BS, preventing me from playing.  Anyone know or have a solution to this or are experiencing the same problem?  I've contacted ANet live tech support in the past for GW and not once did they ever refer me to those command line arguments, so I doubt they'd be any help with GW2.

Comments

• Sora2810Sora2810 New Columbia, PAPosts: 567Member
    I got that issue too. Can't figure it out.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2