Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How big is the completed .Dat File?

VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

What is the total size of a completed download for the .Dat file?

Seem to get conflicted info from various sites.

so far I'm on 12.7 GB

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Mine is 12.7 gigs.
  • VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Strange - I am on 12.76 GB already but still about 25% of bar to go.

:(

Maybe I should be the one with the sad face.
  • satire3rdsatire3rd Member Posts: 16

13.38 for me. I had a small update today.

I think the % includes download, compression and other things, not just a percentage of download.

• SalmonManSalmonMan Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Yep, 13.39 here. Although,as noted, that includes the few patches / updates since installed.

Heh, I'm redownloading the client to a second folder just in case.

But yeah, I see that there is a big fat temp file that the downloader creates, so that is probably why yours looks like it's going to be so big.

• ThrennieThrennie Member UncommonPosts: 107

Originally posted by Vortigon

Strange - I am on 12.76 GB already but still about 25% of bar to go.

:(

It's very misleading and the final 25% goes real quick.

And yes, as others have said the complete download is just over 13Gb in size.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

13.398.556kB

Atm, last updated 4+ hours ago i think

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

".Dat" file

I lol'd

Oh, I see now.

13,387,874 kilobytes. This equals 12.7 gigs.

So they are the same numbers really.

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999
    They are dropping new builds constantly. Keep checking by opening your launcher occasionally.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by Saxx0n

They are dropping new builds constantly. Keep checking by opening your launcher occasionally.

This ^

You should have ~ 13 Gigs. Possibly a bit more. However, ya they are constantly updating the game, so expect to be downloading a small patch or few before playing tomorrow. Anet's always liked sleeping in multiple smaller updates rather than doing it all at once. If I remember corrently, GW1 (a 7 year old game), has only every had ~3 maintenance days.

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    You should have 12.7 Gb. Not over 13 GB. If you want to see how much space takes GW2 folder just right click it. 

1 gigabit = 1 048 576 kilobits

• VortigonVortigon Member UncommonPosts: 723

Thanks all - I hate this slow connection I have. :)

Originally posted by QSatu

You should have 12.7 Gb. Not over 13 GB. If you want to see how much space takes GW2 folder just right click it. 

Weird... mine shows:

13,390,751 KB for the .dat

Then again, mine's currently up-to-date, so maybe that's why. I did use the same client from an earlier beta, though, so that might also have something to do w/ it. However, I did a test login and it says I'm good to go for a few hours from now, so hopefully it works, lol.

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by QSatu

Weird... mine shows:

13,390,751 KB for the .dat

Then again, mine's currently up-to-date, so maybe that's why. I did use the same client from an earlier beta, though, so that might also have something to do w/ it. However, I did a test login and it says I'm good to go for a few hours from now, so hopefully it works, lol.

kilobit

1 byte = 8 bits

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225
    um, what is this all about? who cares how big it is? as long as the game runs its fine. Besides does clustersize ring any bells?

Originally posted by mithoss

um, what is this all about? who cares how big it is? as long as the game runs its fine. Besides does clustersize ring any bells?

I think people are just worried that the client may have patched wrong. After the issue w/ the website, I don't really blame them.

• soximussoximus Member UncommonPosts: 18

As others Said, 13.37 gb roughly...

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by soximus

As others Said, 13.37 gb roughly...

i c wut u did thar .

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• srpssrps Member UncommonPosts: 121
    It's actually +- 12.7GB (13.383.042KB as for me, but may change depending on OS file system).
  • IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    It's 12.8 for me right now. I started the client from time to time after the first batch was finished, because ANet likes to stream updates.
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Make sure you keep that patcher updated! Last night I had a small update of patching 8 files and right now I opened the launcher and it is patching 58 files. For those that played the closed betas, you should know that ArenaNet can and has done several updates within a day.

I am sitting on 12.7 GB.

If you want exact numbers, as of 10:10 a.m. EST today it is sitting pretty at 13,713,032,752.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

13.386.963 KB here.

didn't patch today tho, no idea if they changed anything *off to check*

edit: same size after patch

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"