Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Failing to start the exe launcher ?

MaikkyWinMaikkyWin Member Posts: 7

I get stuck on the looking for update thing and then it just dissipears, I get a txt file called Arenanet and it says

"App: Gw2.tmp Fatal error (3): Failed to commit memory from the OS (code 1455) When: 4/26/2012 18:04:57 File: ......CorePlatformWindowsExeExeMemFlexible.cpp(252)"

Last time I launched this (about a few minutes prior, I could get to the login screen)

I have tried downloading the exe again and starting it again, no dice .

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Originally posted by MaikkyWin

I get stuck on the looking for update thing and then it just dissipears, I get a txt file called Arenanet and it says

"App: Gw2.tmp Fatal error (3): Failed to commit memory from the OS (code 1455) When: 4/26/2012 18:04:57 File: ......CorePlatformWindowsExeExeMemFlexible.cpp(252)"

Last time I launched this (about a few minutes prior, I could get to the login screen)

I have tried downloading the exe again and starting it again, no dice .

But did you restart your computer?

Also, with a memory allocation error like that, I'd first make sure I stopped as many other running apps as possible. Both background (look in the system tray) and foreground (web browsers etc.)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

I dont know about this error. I would send a ticket to http://support.guildwars2.com/ while you wait for a possible solution here. ArenaNet has been getting hit hard @ support.

• steeler989steeler989 Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Ok, I would try to run it as admin, or try to re-install the launcher, not the whole game

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Also... from their "Known Issues" post in the forums:

Installing the game client into the Program Files directory on Windows Vista or Windows 7 can lead to issues with the patching process.

• It is advised that you install the game to another folder or launch it as an administrator.

My launcher patched some files about 30 minutes ago...small patch but it could still cause problems if you installed there instead of creating a new folder on the root of your HD as they suggest in the install instructions.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MaikkyWinMaikkyWin Member Posts: 7

Did that, worked .

Thanks