Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My BIg Question- D3 and PoE

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

Does Blizzard have DIablo 3 copyrights?

It just seems that path of exile is soo similar in terms of graphic style and gameplay to D3

How can they not get sued and shut down for this?

Comments

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Are you serious ? D3 looks nothing like POE and vice versa. They both even use different game mechanics.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

If anything, PoE looks more like D2 and D3 looks more like Torchlight.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

Originally posted by Zekiah

Exactly, I'm not sure what he is looking at.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Originally posted by rubydragon5

It just seems that path of exile is soo similar in terms of graphic style and gameplay to D3

D3 world = Scooby doo cartoon style scary

POE = Awesome, gritty, dark.... well everything that you got from D1 and D2 but with a mdoern engine..

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Caldrin

POE = Awesome, gritty, dark.... well everything that you got from D1 and D2 but with a mdoern engine..

D3 World - Stylised, Unique, timeless look

POE - Generic, boring, no soul or charm, very little design effort.

You can instantly see a screen of D3 and know its D3, PoE looks like any old game.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by expresso

PoE looks like any old game.

But with better gameplay

Originally posted by bigsmiff

But with better gameplay

I disagree.. that is all.

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I dont get how hanging bodies, corpses that break in half and chase you, blood and entrails are not 'dark and gritty' ?

Originally posted by Zaltark

I dont get how hanging bodies, corpses that break in half and chase you, blood and entrails are not 'dark and gritty' ?

WoW-ish graphics, defeats the purpose. There is nothing dark about WoWablo.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

Originally posted by bigsmiff

But with better gameplay

I disagree.. that is all.

Well i disagree with everything you said, thats all :) 

Also PoE looks freaking amazing in 3d, unlike diablo. Feel free to disagree all you want tho :P

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

POE = Awesome, gritty, dark....yea, if you like varying shades of grey and red. POE lacks any kind of compelling story whatsoever. Towns and npcs completely devoid of character, and the most boring gameplay...gee, yea, kill 15000 crabs....move to next zone...gee, get to kills those 15000 crabs again...oh wait, here's a boss....same crab only bigger!

But, hey if enough fools donate money to them (some have given them 1000 bucks!) it might get off the ground. Who knows, they might be able to redecorate the basement they work out of too

Originally posted by Zaltark

WoW-ish graphics, defeats the purpose. There is nothing dark about WoWablo.

I think you're getting confused with TL2?

[EDIT] This is D3;

Torchlight, WoW, what's the difference?

The point is, D3 doesn't feel dark and scary. The graphics are not up to par for what they should be either, very bland and muddy. Very disappointing.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    i highly doubt PoE will sell even a fraction of what Diablo 3 will, and it is anywhere on the radar of Blizz
  • dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

So PoE looks like a game made in 2000?  Ouch.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by wrightstuf

POE = Awesome, gritty, dark....yea, if you like varying shades of grey and red. POE lacks any kind of compelling story whatsoever. Towns and npcs completely devoid of character, and the most boring gameplay...gee, yea, kill 15000 crabs....move to next zone...gee, get to kills those 15000 crabs again...oh wait, here's a boss....same crab only bigger!

But, hey if enough fools donate money to them (some have given them 1000 bucks!) it might get off the ground. Who knows, they might be able to redecorate the basement they work out of too

That's pretty much the only thing that made me stop playing PoE. It lacks a soul.

Besides, the graphics aren't THAT good either. Not that I care, but people seem to make it sound like it's made on Frostbite 2 :).

Originally posted by dannydeuce

None of their graphics are what they should be but I prefer PoE over D3, they're more polished and Diablo-esq.

Originally posted by BizkitNL

That's pretty much the only thing that made me stop playing PoE. It lacks a soul.

That's my one hang up with PoE, there's something missing. I think it will improve as they add content but it doesn't have that D2 feel to it... nor does D3.

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    If it don't have Hardcore it is for sissies.
    ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by dannydeuce

None of their graphics are what they should be but I prefer PoE over D3, they're more polished and Diablo-esq.

Not saying much for the game if it's trying to imitate Diablo 2.  Haven't a ton of older ARPG's already done that?

I mean, I'm all for supporting the little guy but this D3 bashing is getting silly.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    PoE from the looks of it, could do well as an android app, but for modern day computers, it is a step back and it's gameplay doesen't scream play me from the video's i watched, but it looks like a decent indie effort that some will enjoy.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    While I only watched PoE vids, I did play D3 and I'm sold. D3 all the way for me.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

D3 World - Stylised, Unique, timeless look

POE - Generic, boring, no soul or charm, very little design effort.

You can instantly see a screen of D3 and know its D3, PoE looks like any old game.

^^Truth

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    POE doesn't look like D2, it looks like Titan Quest with bad art direction.  That doesn't mean it can't be a fun game, but it doesn't pass the first impression test for me.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

errr well i totally agree about the story side of things hopefully they will be able to expand on that as thats the only thing its lacking at the moment.

but

well you dont just fight the same mob over and and over all zones apart from maybe the one you start in have a mix of mobs to kill just like diablo 1,2 and 3 so not sure what your on about there unless of course you dont like the diablo series then im not sure why your posting here.

As for the guy who asked why i thought a body cut in half was not dark and gritty... the same reason i dont think scooby doo is dark and girrty.. tho saying that im sure i thought it was when i was 5.

Like i said before im not saying D3 is a bad game infact i really enjoyed playing it, but its not worth what they are asknig for it and I find POE more enjoyable and i donated $15 and thats it.. I also think POE graphics wise is 10x better and its hard to see why with the screenshots and videos its somthing you have to paly yourself... some of the lighting effects in the dungeons are great..