Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG you seen this Diablo 3 MOVIE??

2»

Comments

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by mklinic

Originally posted by BartDaCat

Originally posted by tazarconan

Path of exile is a diablo style game meaning hackn slash . Its main differences from D3 from what i understand is that it offers an mmorpg world like all other mmo's while d3 offers just the chance to meet online with few ppl and party with them just to queqe for arenas  or do some pve right?

Also from what i read in Path of exile site the classes are deeper and offfer more freedom to players in what we call build your character than the usual lately tactic of Blizzard to guide your character's proggress, while in POE there is much more freedom from what beta testers say. Thats also a huge+ for POE comapared to D3.

Yeah... saw the videos, visited the site... still getting Diablo 3.

Funny thing is I don't need to go to POE's forums and try to sway anyone from playing it.  I'm comfortable with both games.  I'll probably try POE as well.

You kids should learn to play nicer, and make POE's community look friendlier, or get the hell of my lawn!

Having not paid much attention to hack n' slash games for a long time, I'll say that all the "x game is so much better" comments have really introduced me to a lot of games I wasn't aware of. I'm getting D3 and have enjoyed the stress test thus far, but now I have a handful of other games, already released or in development, that have also captured my interest. So, whether other posters are citing these games and bashing D3, it all has a net positive effect for me. :)

So far, I've read about: Torchlight 1 and 2, Path of Exiles, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest + Xpac, and Lineage Eternal. I probably missed some others, but really, neat to have the choices and plenty of room for them to exist together (especially given the lower price tag of some of them).

Yeah, same here. I was actually dissapointed in D3 but... I keep frequenting the forum mainly because people keep listing all the other games I hadn't heard about. Now I'm not so bumbed about D3, I have a list of other games to fill that game slot :)

Maybe MMORPG.com needs to do for the Hack n' Slash genre what they did for FPS and RTS, HnS Guru :P

So while some will complain, I say thank you!

I'm glad Titan Quest is finding its way to new players.  I always thought that one was very cool, and it's neat seeing how many people are just now picking it up and actually enjoying it.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by Dekarx12

Originally posted by NeoZcar2

Have yet to see anything impressive form Diablo 3.... I think I will stick with Path of Exile... It is a superior product.

+1

+1

Originally posted by mklinic

Originally posted by BartDaCat

Path of exile is a diablo style game meaning hackn slash . Its main differences from D3 from what i understand is that it offers an mmorpg world like all other mmo's while d3 offers just the chance to meet online with few ppl and party with them just to queqe for arenas  or do some pve right?

Also from what i read in Path of exile site the classes are deeper and offfer more freedom to players in what we call build your character than the usual lately tactic of Blizzard to guide your character's proggress, while in POE there is much more freedom from what beta testers say. Thats also a huge+ for POE comapared to D3.

Yeah... saw the videos, visited the site... still getting Diablo 3.

Funny thing is I don't need to go to POE's forums and try to sway anyone from playing it.  I'm comfortable with both games.  I'll probably try POE as well.

You kids should learn to play nicer, and make POE's community look friendlier, or get the hell of my lawn!

Having not paid much attention to hack n' slash games for a long time, I'll say that all the "x game is so much better" comments have really introduced me to a lot of games I wasn't aware of. I'm getting D3 and have enjoyed the stress test thus far, but now I have a handful of other games, already released or in development, that have also captured my interest. So, whether other posters are citing these games and bashing D3, it all has a net positive effect for me. :)

So far, I've read about: Torchlight 1 and 2, Path of Exiles, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest + Xpac, and Lineage Eternal. I probably missed some others, but really, neat to have the choices and plenty of room for them to exist together (especially given the lower price tag of some of them).

Lineage Eternal DOES look like fun!  I'm thinking of getting one of those stylus pads to draw lines for attacks like they show in the video.  I love the ARPG genre, and it's awesome seeing so many ambitious titles making their way to us in such a short time.  I'm gonna have my hands full.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

IF PoE were truly worth a look, the majority of people who prefer it wouldn't be trolls.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by lathaan

Originally posted by Dekarx12

Originally posted by NeoZcar2

Have yet to see anything impressive form Diablo 3.... I think I will stick with Path of Exile... It is a superior product.

+1

+1

+1

I have played both games and PoE is by far the better of the two.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Originally posted by adam_nox

IF PoE were truly worth a look, the majority of people who prefer it wouldn't be trolls.

Why are folks that like PoE better considered trolls?

• ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Great hacking and shashing.

This video, not mine BTW, shows how to work at level, deal with skill swapping and low health. The video reminds me how I play in hardcore, on the edge.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486

Originally posted by Kehdar

I like Diablo 3 and I played that part, but what amazing about this video? o.O

It was probably shameless self promotion of his own video.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by Hexipox

Check this video out, its amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEudPEinWD4&feature=plcp&context=C4bb2bc5V DvjVQa1PpcFOq3tJwPMIQvx0rrirWh23QEXRSAn4ymso%3D

Edit .... nope, you've a 2011 account .. I thought it was a 03/12 account. So ...  wow, I don't know what to say..

Good job on the band atleast?

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

If I see another person say that PoE is better, or even good, ima explode.

Tested it for days and CANNOT get what the hype is. Is it the mess of a skill tree? Is it the over hyped look of the game? Or is it the underwhelming mobs you fight? I just don't get it....but I wanted to. There was something about it that I liked. But like a bad girlfriend, it took that away from me.

• tazarconantazarconan Member Posts: 1,013

Originally posted by Kinchyle

Tested it for days and CANNOT get what the hype is. Is it the mess of a skill tree? Is it the over hyped look of the game? Or is it the underwhelming mobs you fight? I just don't get it....but I wanted to. There was something about it that I liked. But like a bad girlfriend, it took that away from me.

This guy here and many others im sure dont agree with u quite alot....

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/344429/Path-of-Exile-Mind-Blowing.html

And a small correction... Diablo is the game that is getting hyped by many guys,due its name and cause of blizzard overpomotion tactic.

Poe isnt the giant here...

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    PoE devs must have sent out some checks today.

Originally posted by Kinchyle

This guy here and many others im sure dont agree with u quite alot....

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/344429/Path-of-Exile-Mind-Blowing.html

And a small correction... Diablo is the game that is getting hyped by many guys,due its name and cause of blizzard overpomotion tactic.

Poe isnt the giant here...

Funny... I thought I was visiting the Diablo 3 forums.

• sikakoirasikakoira Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by bigsmiff

Originally posted by adam_nox

Why are folks that like PoE better considered trolls?

Because there are too many people posting that PoE is so much better than d3 in D3 forums.

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    Going to try PoE this weekend. I wasn't impressed by what I saw so far, but I'm reserving judgement until I play it. After all, I had no interest in Diablo 3 but the last beta weekend completely sold me on it. I'll see soon enough if I like PoE better. Definitely can't argue with the price (free on release),