Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does diablo 3 prove people will hate on blizzard for anything?

Comments

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by Sephiroso

Originally posted by Skarecrow7

Turn it around, do people only love Diablo 3 because of Blizzard? Ask yourself this, if this game was named "Demon Hunters" and made by Noname studios, would there be so much talk and love for it? Would the RMAH and always have to be connected get a pass as easily from some people?

most of the talk is from the haters fyi.

what if the rmah in this form was added into swtor? or gw2?

don't you think this would be a death knell for those games, too? i guarantee i'd be turning from gw2 if they did that. i'd be crying, but i'd not play it. there's a big difference between a cash mall and a rmah which will effectively attract every grinder in the universe because they think they'll be able to quit their day jobs by spamming you. it'll also make every tom dick and jane spam you because they think they can make some pocket money. and then there's the kids. and then the grinders sitting in asian sweatshops being forced to grind and sell you items for two bucks a day. this is nothing like gold selling in a game. nothing like a cash shop.

this is basically giving in to the concept, opening the gates, taking everyone's name on the way in and saying, "yeah, that's fine. do what you like, but we're taking a cut."

you think you'll be fighting diablo?

you won't be.

you'll be fighting advertising spambots, buy my itemz 12yr olds, wantz phat lootz 4 $$$$ spam and just every little thing you do will be cash.

i don't know whose bright idea this was, but they need a nailgun to the head stat.

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164

Originally posted by headphones

Originally posted by feroshus

Originally posted by helthros

Originally posted by insanejosh

I don't understand why everyone is crying about the RMAH. IF you ever played diablo 2 you would know that Ebay was FULL of gear you could buy. How is this any different? It's not. Blizzard understands that there is now way to avoid people selling gear on sites like ebay and chose the route of making some additional money from it.

Think of it this way, you are running a gaming company and you can do one of two things.

A. Let the chinese farmers sell gear on sites like Ebay and make profit or

B. Create your own RMAH and make some extra profits.

Remember you are running a company and all companies are about making profit, so the obvious choise is B. If you think Blizzard not implementing a RMAH is going to stop people from buying and selling gear on other sites then you are oblivious to what really goes on in the gaming world.

Yes, some people are going to have gear advantages in PVP, but gear does not necessarily mean anything if the player still sucks.

The business of underground human trafficking is a world-wide industry - Should we be trying to capitalize on this since people are going to do it anyway?

An extreme example, yes, but it serves well to put things into perespective.

Actually your post completely lacks PERSPECTIVE in every way. There's nothing shady about the RMAH, exactly the opposite in fact....

i just spat my coffee all over my screen and it's all your fault.

nothing shady?

this is worse than a cash shop, because this is turning EVERYONE into spammers and money-grubbing item-miners. this is the most insidious and cynical thing i've ever seen in a game other than the time that other company offered you a free level 80 toon... hang on. wasn't that the same company?

guy, you should take your sunglasses off. you know, even korea can see it's a bad thing. korea!

How dramatic. First off, everyone in D2 was an item miner, and sometimes a spammer too. Many accounts and items were bought/sold on 3rd party sites like Ebay. Alot of people also got ripped off in alot of different ways, losing their money or sometimes their accounts and all the items they worked so hard to farm.

The new system makes it safer, and yeah easier to make these kinds of transactions. But they're going to happen either way.

Bottom line is the RMAH is in no way like human trafficking, nor is it online gambling (no matter what Korea tells you)

EDIT: I put two bottom lines in there, but there can be only one!

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

I don't understand why everyone is crying about the RMAH. IF you ever played diablo 2 you would know that Ebay was FULL of gear you could buy. How is this any different? It's not. Blizzard understands that there is now way to avoid people selling gear on sites like ebay and chose the route of making some additional money from it.

Think of it this way, you are running a gaming company and you can do one of two things.

Remember you are running a company and all companies are about making profit, so the obvious choise is B. If you think Blizzard not implementing a RMAH is going to stop people from buying and selling gear on other sites then you are oblivious to what really goes on in the gaming world.

Yes, some people are going to have gear advantages in PVP, but gear does not necessarily mean anything if the player still sucks.

The business of underground human trafficking is a world-wide industry - Should we be trying to capitalize on this since people are going to do it anyway?

Actually your post completely lacks PERSPECTIVE in every way. There's nothing shady about the RMAH, exactly the opposite in fact....

nothing shady?

this is worse than a cash shop, because this is turning EVERYONE into spammers and money-grubbing item-miners. this is the most insidious and cynical thing i've ever seen in a game other than the time that other company offered you a free level 80 toon... hang on. wasn't that the same company?

guy, you should take your sunglasses off. you know, even korea can see it's a bad thing. korea!

turning everyone into spammers how? they put an item up on the auction house...people go to the auction house when they have money/gold to buy something good, they browse, buy, complete....whatever you're smoking is affecting your brain

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Forums seem to be a majority of complainers and seems they always will be. Things change, get used to it.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Originally posted by Kalfer

Originally posted by ihatenoobs01

1. No Custom Games

2. No pvp (arenas)

3. No duels

4. 4 people per game

5. RMAH

How are those unreasonalbe things to be mad about?

Go back to nughugging blizzard, maybe they'll only charge you $1.00 per transaction

None of those systems are an incremental reason to why I want to play Diablo 3. It's not an MMO. That's not what Diablo is about for me. I'm there for the loot and the great pacing and monster slaying. That's all I want Diablo to do. That's the most I can applaud them for. For making the game focused. PvP would be interesting. But in the face of a less solid single player game? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Havent we had enough games with tagged on competitive multiplayer modes? better have a great campaign, than a half finished campaign and a half finished arena. I can wait for the PvP, you should be able to too. Complaining about how everything is not in at your desired time frame is unreasonable. Or at least unconstructive. It would be like complaining over rain. It's out of your control. If  they could have managed to get the PvP in at launch they would have. Obviously. So be patient. 

DING DING DING DING DING!

We got a winner!

Stating the obvious, and it required very little thought. It's not a trick or deceiving.

Though, we'll have to continue rolling out the red carpet for those who feel entitled. Game after game folks reproducing the same effect with their tears and their tissue box.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Originally posted by ArChWind

I may start another OMFG response here but did you kown that is this game there is NO secure trade? Only way to get something is through the AH secure. All other trades are throw on the ground and pick up so who you going to trust?

whats your point? you can sell stuff on the AH for in game gold to so i don't see whats so bad about that. I mean its kinda stupid to not have a secure character to character trade but devs make dumb decisions in 100% games.

to the post above mine, no, no that does not put anything into perspective. thats like me saying i'm gonna destroy every butter jar because its trying to take the place of peanut butter and peanut butter is the perfect race and somehow relate that to hitler and the jews.

My point is that I would rather trust a secure source like the AH even it is is for real money rather than eBay or anyoutside source where I MAY get what I bought

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • JakardJakard Member Posts: 415

Something that a lot of people forget is that Diablo 2 got a fair share of criticism upon it's release. People said that it wasn't differen't enough from the original. Then, Diablo 2 went on to become one of the best selling and most loved PC games of all time.

Diablo 3 won't be without it's flaws but Diablo 2 was never a deep game. It just wasn't. It was a game that was easy to get into and really hard to put down. I felt the same experience in Diablo 3 beta. The game is going to be fine. The sky is not falling. Diablo walks the earth again.

• //\//\oo//\//\oo Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,767

I loved Blizzard. This game is not up to their old standards and neither was SC2.

From the requirement to be online to play SINGLEPLAYER, to the complete lack of innovation which they have shown with nearly all of their products before Activison took the reins, Blizzard has gone down the crapper as far as I am concerned.

This new real money auction house is really pathetic ; more of Activisons need to milk the consumer.

The old Blizzard would have never released such a horrible game for its time. Warcraft 2-3 were ahead of their time as WoW, but these latest games have been utter crap. D3 is hardly anything different from D2 with a new skin. Compare and contrast the difference, production time and everything else with D1 and D2... seriously.

I don't hate this new Blizzard.. I just miss the old Blizzard and realize nothing can bring it back. Blizzcon being canceled should have been a warning sign. EA, Activison and all of the big boys are killing our beloved companies.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164

Originally posted by //\//\oo

I loved Blizzard. This game is not up to their old standards and neither was SC2.

From the requirement to be online to play SINGLEPLAYER, to the complete lack of innovation which they have shown with nearly all of their products before Activison took the reins, Blizzard has gone down the crapper as far as I am concerned.

This new real money auction house is really pathetic ; more of Activisons need to milk the consumer.

The old Blizzard would have never released such a horrible game for its time. Warcraft 2-3 were ahead of their time as WoW, but these latest games have been utter crap. D3 is hardly anything different from D2 with a new skin. Compare and contrast the difference, production time and everything else with D1 and D2... seriously.

I don't hate this new Blizzard.. I just miss the old Blizzard and realize nothing can bring it back. Blizzcon being canceled should have been a warning sign. EA, Activison and all of the big boys are killing our beloved companies.

Just more baseless hating zzz  SC2 is a great game, the campaign was awesome, and the PVP is addicting as hell.

Being online to play might restrict a few specific game playing scenarios, but it's a non issue, everything's online these days. I can't even remember the last time I used my computer offline...

The RMAH is totally optional and makes a huge player pastime (buying items and accounts for $$)much safer and easier. Win.

Blizzard is fine they changed with the times like everything else. They're alot different than they used to be, but their games are still fun, that's all that really matters.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Just more baseless hating zzz  SC2 is a great game, the campaign was awesome, and the PVP is addicting as hell.

Being online to play might restrict a few specific game playing scenarios, but it's a non issue, everything's online these days. I can't even remember the last time I used my computer offline...

The RMAH is totally optional and makes a huge player pastime (buying items and accounts for $$)much safer and easier. Win.

Blizzard is fine they changed with the times like everything else. They're alot different than they used to be, but their games are still fun, that's all that really matters.

This, but i'm still not buying it cause it's still a mindless hack en slash, and I have a hard time playing them anymore ( I guess i'm too old, they get boring pretty fast now-a-days ).

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

lol.

What if Bethesda's Skyrim had the same graphics and gameplay as Morrowind?

No.

Diablo 3 sucks, Blizzard is without game creating talent.

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

nothing shady?

turning everyone into spammers how? they put an item up on the auction house...people go to the auction house when they have money/gold to buy something good, they browse, buy, complete....whatever you're smoking is affecting your brain

you're absolutely right. everyone selling their items for real money would never mean they'd actually want to tell you about it. that WOULD be silling. why, that'd be almost as silly as putting advertisements on tv. wacky.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

Originally posted by ihatenoobs01

1. No Custom Games

2. No pvp (arenas)

3. No duels

4. 4 people per game

5. RMAH

How are those unreasonalbe things to be mad about?

Go back to nughugging blizzard, maybe they'll only charge you $1.00 per transaction

+1 , diablo was great when it was new at the time i played it on my playstation 1. now its just so last season.

yes come on and hate me of my own opinion also id rather play drakensang online wich is as good looking and dont cost a penny and is browser based.

cheerio!

SC2 is not a great game compared to SC1 by a long shot. SC2 is barely an expansion of SC1 with updated graphics.

So wait, you buy money and items online? I don't. Most people don't, actually. It's the people without ethics who buy from gold sellers and pay to win who do so. Are you admitting this game is now p2w, or are you condoning the shady practice of competing with gold sellers? 

Why do you think people hated gold sellers in the first place? Activison/Blizzard is taking the lowest path by taking their cuts through competition rather than eliminate the need to have them in the first place through good game design.

Blizzard is not fine. Blizzard is gone. It's nothing more than a memory and an insult to the Blizzard that created SC, WC, Diablo and WoW.

This is a sequence of characters intended to produce some profound mental effect, but it has failed.

• BaniscoBanisco Member Posts: 240

I wonder how some people can complain about diablo 3 not being inovative AND not being like Diablo 2, so people want a game wich is like D2 but diferent? Good luck with that.

Originally posted by Banisco

I wonder how some people can complain about diablo 3 not being inovative AND not being like Diablo 2, so people want a game wich is like D2 but diferent? Good luck with that.

I've never seen that complaint actually. The most common complaint is that IT's LIKE D2 too much AND lacking innovation.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Originally posted by Banisco

I've never seen that complaint actually. The most common complaint is that IT's LIKE D2 too much AND lacking innovation.

With billions profit annually, they could atleast try to innovate. 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• dooneydooney Member Posts: 69

Yeah I was kinda expecting something new from Diablo 3.. same with Starcraft 2.  I doubt we will ever see anything "new" from blizzard until they release a new franchise. 

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by dooney

Yeah I was kinda expecting something new from Diablo 3.. same with Starcraft 2.  I doubt we will ever see anything "new" from blizzard until they release a new franchise. 

Blizzard does 'new'? Since when?!

e.g. Diablo was in development by a non-Blizzard company.

Blizzard came in to assist, saw Diablo and outright bought the company and renamed it 'Blizzard North'.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by nomatics856

Diablo 3 has recieved a TON of criticism to the point of people being like this ruins the diablo franchise, I am never buying this game etc etc.

Now some criticism may be justified like not being allowed to choose your own stats or a true static spell/skill selection, a penalty for switching spells/skills on the fly.

Those are understandable, but the game got bashed for the stupidest things for example

1. (It`s too easy), this one is very very dumb, you played the tutorial 45 min version of act 1, not even the whole act, but 45 mins of act 1 normal mode (easy), yet you complain the games too easy?

2. (RMAH) this was almost number one, ALMOST, who cares if people buy items in the game? They been doing it for the longest time, through ebay, D2J etc. If people wanna buy items they will buy items, if they wanna sell items they will sell items. People say this is pay 2 win, whos winning? This isnt a mmorpg, Diablo 3 has no competition, people are going to be getting items either way, whether they spend 8 hours grinding diablo 3 all day or 8 hours grinding at work to get those items. I see no difference. If you hate it, dont use it, why is this a deal breaker?

3. (The graphics are WoWs graphics), another dumb one, this games graphics are not cartoony at all, if anything from what I played its just a more refined and a little brighter than diablo 2. When I logged on and played the game I thought it was going to be cartoony with no atmosphere. The graveyards and abandoned shacks etc, felt dark and creepy.

4. (I just dont like blizzard their all about money). So is every other company.

5. (path of exile is better) What again? Oh that game that gave most people a massive head and nausea due to its weird lighting.

In closing I know a lot of you are like "well thank you big daddy nomatics, but I STILL HATE BLIZZARD and Diablo 3 just sux because I take it ***#%## shoot. Well I cant help ya there!

I will agree that those reason are just hating, other than #3. Its graphics are not impressive at all, none of it. (doesn't make it a  bad game , and ill still play it, but it does have shitty graphics ... this and i liek wow graphics, sure they are dated but i like them).

Diablo 3 is not an improvemnt over d2 .. how about that? Most people who played both are going to agree that d2 was a better game by far, you can say i don't know this etc.. Your right but i am going to maintian it.

Want to play a good diablo esk game play  median XL its a mod for d2 and its AMAZING. Blizzard could have learned form it.. they went the opposite direction, easy play, no thought, etc. people will play and enjoy d3 (i know i will) but not even a fraction as much as people did d2 (i know i won't).

http://modsbylaz.hugelaser.com/

So yeah they are somethign that is called disapointed. Blizzard has all the money and took all the time in the world... and this is what we got. Mind you billzard designed this game with a new concept in mind, they had betas etc of it and their internal tester etc. chewed it apart , they moved that design closer back to what we saw in d2, but there a remnaints left, and they are not appealing.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• ihatenoobs01ihatenoobs01 Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by nomatics856

Diablo 3 has recieved a TON of criticism to the point of people being like this ruins the diablo franchise, I am never buying this game etc etc.

Now some criticism may be justified like not being allowed to choose your own stats or a true static spell/skill selection, a penalty for switching spells/skills on the fly.

Those are understandable, but the game got bashed for the stupidest things for example

1. (It`s too easy), this one is very very dumb, you played the tutorial 45 min version of act 1, not even the whole act, but 45 mins of act 1 normal mode (easy), yet you complain the games too easy?

2. (RMAH) this was almost number one, ALMOST, who cares if people buy items in the game? They been doing it for the longest time, through ebay, D2J etc. If people wanna buy items they will buy items, if they wanna sell items they will sell items. People say this is pay 2 win, whos winning? This isnt a mmorpg, Diablo 3 has no competition, people are going to be getting items either way, whether they spend 8 hours grinding diablo 3 all day or 8 hours grinding at work to get those items. I see no difference. If you hate it, dont use it, why is this a deal breaker?

3. (The graphics are WoWs graphics), another dumb one, this games graphics are not cartoony at all, if anything from what I played its just a more refined and a little brighter than diablo 2. When I logged on and played the game I thought it was going to be cartoony with no atmosphere. The graveyards and abandoned shacks etc, felt dark and creepy.

4. (I just dont like blizzard their all about money). So is every other company.

5. (path of exile is better) What again? Oh that game that gave most people a massive head and nausea due to its weird lighting.

In closing I know a lot of you are like "well thank you big daddy nomatics, but I STILL HATE BLIZZARD and Diablo 3 just sux because I take it ***#%## shoot. Well I cant help ya there!

Hey Op, I'm in the future 2 months here to tell you how wrong you are. Diablo 3 is terrible and everyone now hates blizzard. Take it easy.

-Core 3 "Its the Pwn!"

• andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89

I was about to give in and buy Diablo 3 , until I read they want me to pay £44.99 and then put restrictions on my gameplay for 72 hours ? ... arrogant cheeky bastards ... so Fuck Blizzard and  fuck Diablo 3 from me ;)

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by andypandyr

I was about to give in and buy Diablo 3 , until I read they want me to pay £44.99 and then put restrictions on my gameplay for 72 hours ? ... arrogant cheeky bastards ... so Fuck Blizzard and  fuck Diablo 3 from me ;)

So you decided to post in this old thread? Also you don't have to get diablo for 45 quid. You can easily buy it for around 30. 

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• andypandyrandypandyr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    Originally posted by andypandyr

So you decided to post in this old thread? Also you don't have to get diablo for 45 quid. You can easily buy it for around 30. 

Yeah didn't really want to make a Thread about , just looked for a suitable Thread to post it in really ;)

And where can you get a Digital Download for 30 quid ?

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

I hate Diablo 3 not because it's Blizzard, but because I waited a decade for a sequel, and got one of the most disappointing games of my lifetime. I played SWTOR longer than I did Diablo 3, and that was even with me knowing I'd quit SWTOR in a short period of time.

D3 is broken and ruined, and will take an incredible series of patches, plus a change in mindset for anything to improve.