Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta client officially ready to download :D

kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

From Anet's facebook post just now "That's right, we've started sending out emails with instructions for where/how to download the Beta client. Thanks for your patience; happy patching! ~RB2"

Woot

Comments

• EsLafielEsLafiel Member Posts: 92

Um I just went to the beta client place, and it still says not Available

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802

Originally posted by EsLafiel

this, but the fact that they are mailing stuff means its very close.

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142

the website is probably being flooded right now to be honest.....

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

Originally posted by EsLafiel

Thats why they are sending instructions by email maybe?

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

I got my email...I and many others are getting the 502 Bad Gateway error though.

I found a link to the client through other sources, using that and it's fine. No I won't divulge. Hopefully they will fix the forums soon.

• kanezfankanezfan Member UncommonPosts: 482

Got my email!

Greetings!

We're writing to let you know that your spot in the upcoming Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event has been reserved—and the beta client is now ready for preloading! We recommend that you begin your download as soon as possible so you’re ready to start playing when the festivities begin on Friday, April 27, at noon PDT (GMT -7). The Beta Weekend Event will end Sunday, April 29, at 11:59 p.m. PDT (GMT -7).

Click here to go to the "Getting Started" thread in our beta forums, where you can download the beta client and learn important information about the upcoming weekend event. You can log in to the forums using the same User ID and password that you created when you registered your Guild Wars 2 account. Please note that you will only be able to browse the forums for now. Commenting and posting will not be enabled until the Beta Weekend Event begins.

If you're having issues downloading the client, please visit support.guildwars2.com.

We'll see you in-game!

The Guild Wars 2 Team

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Post before that states the client is ready to download and "Happy Patching"

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

With the bad gateway thing, just refresh the page a couple of times (F5). It worked for me. Be patient.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by kanezfan

From Anet's facebook post just now "That's right, we've started sending out emails with instructions for where/how to download the Beta client. Thanks for your patience; happy patching! ~RB2"

Woot

Download page overloaded.

Twitter...

We are working on the 502 error. Your eagerness was a bit too much it seems. :P ^MK

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

YES YES YES YES!! downloading GW2!!

I'm dancing in the loft of my house like a complete idiot and a fool... but I'm extremely happy! HAHAHA

Originally posted by terrant
    I got my email...I and many others are getting the 502 Bad Gateway error though.

I found a link to the client through other sources, using that and it's fine. No I won't divulge. Hopefully they will fix the forums soon.

It's getting hammered.

Or just go here: http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe That's the link given in the forum post they direct you to in that forum post.

That's the legit link to the client.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249

Woot

I was so close to starting a new post asking ArenaNet where my beta client link email is.... Still haven't gotten an email! oh well... i'll be more patient then.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

<Link removed>

Direct link for those staring at a 502 error. Look at the domain name, if you're paranoid. 

Edit: It's the US/English client. 

Edit: Removed link due to Rules of Conduct

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

Originally posted by joocheese
    I'm dancing in the loft of my house like a complete idiot and a fool... but I'm extremely happy! HAHAHA

If there was a LIKE button here, I'd have pressed it for you lol

• Terminus-EstTerminus-Est Member UncommonPosts: 352

Originally posted by doragon86

http://cloudfront.guildwars2.com/client/Gw2.exe

Direct link for those staring at a 502 error. Look at the domain name, if you're paranoid. 

Is that the EU or US client?

Originally posted by AI724

Woot
    I was so close to starting a new post asking ArenaNet where my beta client link email is.... Still haven't gotten an email! oh well... i'll be more patient then.

I got mine about ten minutes after they announced it's up on facebook so don't worry. You can just copy the link in this thread to start downloading it.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Originally posted by Terminus-Est

US/English Client

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• joocheesejoocheese Member Posts: 845

Originally posted by joocheese

If there was a LIKE button here, I'd have pressed it for you lol

5 years waiting for GW2 man, 5 freakin years!

I believe there's an English, French, and German client right now. That one is the English language client.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I believe there's an English, French, and German client right now. That one is the English language client.

Where does that install the files to?  You open it up and it starts downloading without asking where you want to store your files.

• CaptainSoapCaptainSoap Member UncommonPosts: 142

Originally posted by SuperXero89

Where does that install the files to?  You open it up and it starts downloading without asking where you want to store your files.

the directory in which gw2.exe is located

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

It's a total of 3 files, GW2.exe, GW2.tmp and GW2.dat (this last one being 13GB). It downloads to the same folder where GW2 is.

• ArchaegeoArchaegeo Member UncommonPosts: 233

No where, its just one big Dat file in the folder you put the launcher

Explorer 73% Achiever 53% Socializer 53% Killer 20%

Where does that install the files to?

Right where you download the gw2.exe file. In my case, I have a download folder on my F: drive. I made a gw2 folder in there, downloaded gw2.exe into that. When you open the gw2.exe file, it starts downloading the game right away, and you end up with gw2.dat, gw2.exe, and gw2.tmp. The dat file is 13 gb.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Is the NDA officially down as of this moment or when beta starts?