Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA says SWTOR has lost no subs - (POLL)

2»

Comments

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I dont even??? How does a number stay the same if they lost a subscriber?

• Chrome1980Chrome1980 Member Posts: 511

Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Oh fer cryin out loud! It's a dam MMO site...How much meaning do you want?

Hahah...so true. Looking for a meaning here is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

• Cyberdeck7Cyberdeck7 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

i quit and cancelled. they reactivated me for free automatically.

so i still have a sub, but i'm not paying for it.

This is one thing I'd like to point out too, before they release numbers for the investors. Are we actually going to be able to tell anything from these numbers if they timed their free reactivations specifically to obfuscate those numbers?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Zaltark

I dont even??? How does a number stay the same if they lost a subscriber?

As posted earlier, if you leave and someone takes your place, the numbers don't change.

Math is hard.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by Byrhofen

Originally posted by wrightstuf

Who the hell cares if someone stopped playing a game?? I swear some people will come up with the most ridiculous and meaningless posts just for a little attention.

I agree.

I do find it slightly amusing to see it is the same people again and again though.

Yes, pretty much everyone that uses this site knows they hate SWTOR/EA/ Bioware etc etc, but they still feel the need to keep telling everyone about it.

Bioware did not claim that noone has stopped playing, they did not even claim that they have not lost a single subscriber, they only claim that subscriber numbers are not dropping.

THey have lost players, tons, and they have not sold enough to make up for those losses, that would mean they would have had to sell upwards of 4 million copies and that hasn't happened, not even close!  LOL!

Originally posted by Teala

Who the hell cares if someone stopped playing a game?? I swear some people will come up with the most ridiculous and meaningless posts just for a little attention.

I agree.

I do find it slightly amusing to see it is the same people again and again though.

Yes, pretty much everyone that uses this site knows they hate SWTOR/EA/ Bioware etc etc, but they still feel the need to keep telling everyone about it.

Bioware did not claim that noone has stopped playing, they did not even claim that they have not lost a single subscriber, they only claim that subscriber numbers are not dropping.

THey have lost players, tons, and they have not sold enough to make up for those losses, that would mean they would have had to sell upwards of 4 million copies and that hasn't happened, not even close!  LOL!

Didn't they just release in the Oceanic area? I'm pretty sure the original 1.7M number was NA and EU subs. I agree that they lost a bunch of NA and EU subs, but it is also possible that they picked up close to that number with the Oceanic launch?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

I agree.

Didn't they just release in the Oceanic area? I'm pretty sure the original 1.7M number was NA and EU subs. I agree that they lost a bunch of NA and EU subs, but it is also possible that they picked up close to that number with the Oceanic launch?

I really dont care enough to look at dates but someone else will. Is it possible that they said this during the "free" days they gave people? That would be a perfect time to claim they still have the subs they always did. They wouldnt be lieing in that case either. They didnt say "paying subs".

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

I agree.

And how does that negate anything I said?

Also, how does it change the fact that your thread title, and actual OP content is completely wrong and purposefully misleading?

Never mind, dont bother answering.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

I quit a few weeks back but sub runs through the end of the month.

I find it hard to believe they are replacing people at the rate the say, seems more like an accounting trick than anything else.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Coming here for an objective opinion or poll of TOR or EA would be like to going to a Vegan website and asking what the favorite brand of steak is. With the exception, of course, that the vegans might respond more kindly then here.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

I'm still subbed and still playing for three reasons (in this order):

1) I am the leader of my guild's Republic chapter and I don't want to bail on them...yet.

2) There is nothing else out there I am interested in MMO wise...yet

3) It's Star Warsy

As soon as GW2 and TSW hit I'm afraid I will be bidding farewell to SWTOR.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

Don't use your logic here.   It is confusing and frightening to a lot of us.

Originally posted by slickbizzle

Don't use your logic here.   It is confusing and frightening to a lot of us.

imageimageimageimageimage

Sorry, trying to get it out of me.

imageimageimageimageimage

All better now. image

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I pretty much quit 3 weeks ago other then logging in once a day to do my Warfront daily on my level 46 Trooper.  (have a 50 Inq and 50 Op)  but my sub doesnt run out till the 21st of next month thanks to the 30 day free.  I dont plan on ever logging back in at this point.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

This discussion has been closed.