Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to play in the next beta? Pre-Purchase Guild Wars 2 now!

191011121315»

Comments

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by Connmacart

Even if they weren't voted worst, just being on that list at all should be enough to question if you should support such a company. The  DLC thing was just the latest itteration to bring this issue up again. 

And for the record EA really isn't doing so well. They just have great spindoctors.

Anet on the other I feel deserved my money. Even if I don't agree with all decisions they are atleast honest about them.

Not really. That poll was a bit of a farce.

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/theres-still-time-to-vote-on-worst-company-in-america-final-death-match.html

To start with look how limited the number of companies included on the list are. Then look at how it was arranged. If anything it shows how out of touch with reality the average voter in that poll really is.

EA may have ruined a couple video games in some people's eyes. So what?

Does that compare to food companies that sell you garbage that ruins your body and health?

Does it compare to banks that engaged in fraud and misinvested peoples life savings?

Honestly I think if anything this poll should serve as a wake up to how dumbed down as a society we have become.

• VepgenusVepgenus Member Posts: 398

Originally posted by Atlan99

Even if they weren't voted worst, just being on that list at all should be enough to question if you should support such a company. The  DLC thing was just the latest itteration to bring this issue up again. 

And for the record EA really isn't doing so well. They just have great spindoctors.

Anet on the other I feel deserved my money. Even if I don't agree with all decisions they are atleast honest about them.

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/theres-still-time-to-vote-on-worst-company-in-america-final-death-match.html

To start with look how limited the number of companies included on the list are. Then look at how it was arranged. If anything it shows how out of touch with reality the average voter in that poll really is.

Does that compare to food companies that sell you garbage that ruins your body and health?

Does it compare to banks that engaged in fraud and misinvested peoples life savings?

Honestly I think if anything this poll should serve as a wake up to how dumbed down as a society we have become.

Great post i couldn't agree more.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722

So you are saying because they are hardly as evil as other companies you should just keep buying their stuff?

EA has bought up and ruined a large amount of development houses and IPs. That's why I won't support them. How is that so hard to understand? The degree of how bad a company they are is completely irrelevant.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

Originally posted by oubers

Originally posted by Chrome1980

I know i am just one guy in millions but i am not going to encourage companies to charge full price for betas with no release date. I will buy the game once it is ready to release.

you are NOT alone on this m8......i also refuse to buy a beta test.

f**** that sh*t

I'm not buying a beta test though, im buying the game the beta test is a bonus. i would have pre-purchased with or without beta.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

Pretty much. Rather astounding they came in first in that poll. Makes no sense whatsoever.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• MoonBeansMoonBeans Member Posts: 173

no thank you.  i don't preorder games only to get into a beta.

would probably buy a retail copy , 1 or 2 weeks after the game gets released.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

So you are saying because they are hardly as evil as other companies you should just keep buying their stuff?

EA has bought up and ruined a large amount of development houses and IPs.

It's mind boggling to see people talk about EA as "evil" because they "ruined" -- your opinion -- a few games. Seriously, anyone who thinks that qualifies as evil needs to seek psychological counseling.

Costing people their life savings is evil. Making a video game ending you don't like isn't anywhere remotely close to being evil.