Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW - SW Universe!

freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

I think this is a good way to enable people to experience 3D space flight. I believe that it is a good idea to focus on pvp instead of pve like World of tanks. WoT has a really good combat engine imo and control and that is what makes a game really; at least that is where it starts. If you have a crap combat engine then you just made a social network site which is fine if all you want to do is chat with other people. :lol:

If SW creates a combat engine that shines, then there is a real tangible thing to create other game types around. May be something with lets say ..... jumpgates :o

Take egosoft for example. They make a 1 player 3D space game but are developing testable ideas that are improved upon in the next version. They sell you a working game that is only playable offline but the ideas are there in a working executed state. It's fun and exciting to see what it is like to fly in their game even if it is just by yourself. Egosoft makes money and then turns out another game full of playable ideas. This is not how mmo's are made but because you can experience the game play ideas and combat engine it would be easier to take tech, ideas and game play from that game and use them in an mmo. You can develop a mmo easier that way I think.

SW is even better because it is an online game already. Even though it is not a universe exploration mmo with pos mechanics, the game engine and ideas will be there for us to try out; and that could be helpful for future space mmo's.

So I am pleased to see scorch and the gang making this game.