Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta(trial)? Blizzard was honest with Diablo 3, how about Arenanet???

12346»

Comments

• KickinPups2KickinPups2 Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by catplay

I will not gonna spend my money with out trying that game.

I've seen so many fanboys/haters comments, i really don't fallow any of them until i don't "feel" the game myself.

So will be there an open beta/trial or Arenanet want to hide something from potential players just to get their money like they did with pre-purchasing the game with out playing?

Blizzard was honest, they did open beta, they never had NDA for Diablo3, basically, they said "thats the game, play it, you like it, buy it".

Is wicked how not even GW1 didnt received any kind of trial/beta .. just because they spent money on all GW1 expansions or something.

Well first I have to say! After reading this butchering to the English language you obvious have no idea what your talking about. The beta for Diablo 3 didn't show anything besides 20minutes of the game. You make it to the first mini boss kill him GG you beat the beta! That's nothing beside showing old game mechanics that haven't evolved and a game that been in the making for 8 years is just a joke! Skyrim is ten times a RPG then DIABO ever will be!(Yes I understand you can play with friends blah blah) it's still an RPG.

As for ArenaNet hiding? Kidding right? You could have signed up for the closed beta's and gotten in without paying for it! Without being Press or a avid gamer. My Fiance who has only ever played Ultima got in and she hasn't touched an MMO in 8 years. It's like winning the loto. It's random! You seem more of a WoW fanboi then anything. Do all of those who are looking forward to a great game based off “FACTUAL” Information and stay away!

• EmwynEmwyn Member Posts: 546

Originally posted by DarkPony

This thread:

You need to copy that picture into a few other threads too! Brilliant :)

the poster formerly known as melangel :P

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Charlizzard

Originally posted by Skarecrow7

Originally posted by Charlizzard

Originally posted by BadSpock

Then why the continued arguing? Your question(s) have been answered.

Perhaps if you look at their post history your question will be answered.

Is that one of those Zen things?

Yes. When you have fully pondered the first statement, consider the following:

Two hands clap and there is a sound. What is the sound of one hand?

similar to a clap its call a snap.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

• dschledschle Member Posts: 25

I remember doing the beta for Warhammer, loved the game, bought it, was all excited for it, and then noticed the game wasn't for me after a couple of months and labeled it as a waste of money......

I remember doing the beta for Aion, loved the game, bought it, was all excited for it, and then noticed the game wasn't for me after a couple of months and labeled it as a waste of money......

I remember doing the beta for Rift, loved the game, bought it, was all excited for it, and then noticed the game wasn't for me after a couple of months and labeled it as a waste of money......

I remember doing the beta for TOR, loved the game, bought it, was all excited for it, and then noticed the game wasn't for me after a couple of months and labeled it as a waste of money.......

How many people have done this or something close? My point isn't that Guild Wars 2 is going to fall into this same cycle, but its to show that even having a beta to test the game really wont show you if you are going to love the game for 2+ years and not label it as a personal waste of money.

• AbdarAbdar Member UncommonPosts: 400

So will be there an open beta/trial or Arenanet want to hide something from potential players just to get their money like they did with pre-purchasing the game with out playing?

Asking people to pre order your game with a full NDA in effect preventing anyone saying anything good or BAD about the game should be a hint to everyone.

• dschledschle Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Abdar

Asking people to pre order your game with a full NDA in effect preventing anyone saying anything good or BAD about the game should be a hint to everyone.

Full NDA? Pretty sure the press betas people are talking about it nonstop - and good things to boot! Think the only part that is fully NDA effected is the shop, since that isn't set in stone and still adding, removing, tweeking and what have you. Next?

• mad-hattermad-hatter Member UncommonPosts: 241

Still in awe that people considered the open beta weekend as just a preview of the game.  They NEED to stress test the servers, with the amount of people soon to be logging in on release day, last thing they need is an 8 hour maintenence at launch pissing everyone off due to server overload.  Although it did give people a good idea of how the game is going to progress, some love it, some hate it.

I still think it is too early to foresee an open beta for GW2, but I'm sure everyone is ready for one, I know I am!  Vids don't do it justice I'm sure, I have watched a lot of them, but as in any game, small trivial things can sway the masses, bad controls and clunky movement, lack of being to play due to video card issues, those kind of things. 

In all honesty, if Anet doesn't have an open beta, I think they will fail miserably come launch day.  GW2 is the next biggest hyped mmo since Swtor bombed, and they should expect a massive playerbase of Tor refugees, and those that have been waitng for GW2 instead of buying SWtor like myself to be logging in on launch day.  Nowadays with games as hyped up as GW2, it would be an utter failure on their part NOT to have an open beta to test out the server load, especially in the setup that GW2 has with mass amounts of player in one area.

• NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426

Originally posted by Abdar

I fully agree with your statement, and I'm glad that's not the case with GW2. There's been two weekends where the press (including various youtube gaming commentators)  have been allowed to show and talk about pretty much whatever they wanted. Except the cash shop, and even that's been leaked a few times. There's tons of gameplay videos out there.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Originally posted by mad-hatter

Still in awe that people considered the open beta weekend as just a preview of the game.  They NEED to stress test the servers, with the amount of people soon to be logging in on release day, last thing they need is an 8 hour maintenence at launch pissing everyone off due to server overload.  Although it did give people a good idea of how the game is going to progress, some love it, some hate it.

I still think it is too early to foresee an open beta for GW2, but I'm sure everyone is ready for one, I know I am!  Vids don't do it justice I'm sure, I have watched a lot of them, but as in any game, small trivial things can sway the masses, bad controls and clunky movement, lack of being to play due to video card issues, those kind of things. 

In all honesty, if Anet doesn't have an open beta, I think they will fail miserably come launch day.  GW2 is the next biggest hyped mmo since Swtor bombed, and they should expect a massive playerbase of Tor refugees, and those that have been waitng for GW2 instead of buying SWtor like myself to be logging in on launch day.  Nowadays with games as hyped up as GW2, it would be an utter failure on their part NOT to have an open beta to test out the server load, especially in the setup that GW2 has with mass amounts of player in one area.

I'm still in awe people still compare MMOs side-by-side like this trashing one and praising the other without even having played either!!!

• JetrpgJetrpg Member UncommonPosts: 2,347

Originally posted by Chrome1980

Originally posted by Jetrpg

Originally posted by Nerovipus

Originally posted by Nerovipus

Civil discussion on a game you have no interest in and calling it a mostly finished concept..you sir are a troll.

HAhaha..so i put the original quote right in your face and you still go on like a broken record? can't you read or you just wilfully ignoring it to be an irritation on purpose? also only because i disagree with practise of paying full price for a game which is work in progress and has no release date doesn't mean i dislike the game itself or have no interest in it.

Maybe if you were less emotional you will see point of other people without labeling them trolls.

why would i see your point, i have played the game i like the game so i pre-purchased it. get over yourself.

I think it is you who need to get over yourself because i have no problem if you liked the game and pre purchased it. You are just creating a strawman now to keep on arguing for argument sake. I am talking about the practise itself and not about your own personal likes or dislikes of GW2.

I htink every one here is allowed to post their opinions as much as you.

Answer me how many press weekend, and non nda beta weekends (for anyone who pre-ordered and more) did billzard have for d3 6 months ago?

You'll find the answer proves the facts you base your agrument without merit. Thus you are wrong sir, go else where, you have been vanquised from this land.

What facts? that Anet released a lot of videos and information? a lot of other companies do that before release but that doesn't mean that i personally find it ok to pay for a game without a release date and that is not just aimed at GW2 . So on personal basis my argument still has a merit doesn't mean i am physically stoping you or others from buying the game.

Learn to accept other people's viewpoint maybe that itself will solve most of the bickering.

Your agruement was this

Blizzard was honest, they did open beta, they never had NDA for Diablo3, basically, they said "thats the game, play it, you like it, buy it".

They did. Three weeks before release, where as GW2 is ~6 months before release. Yet your argument is GW2 should do an open beta ~5 months eariler than blizzard did or else be dishonest. Your caught bro, accept it. Merit of your agrument is about to back fire too. 

Not only this but Anet has release more infor ~6 months heck ~year out than blizzard did (this is fact you can go look it up). On a co-op game vs mmo , the size of the game is =/= yet Anet has done more to show their hand. Futhermore, Anet is now doing a stress beta test accepting all who preordered and MORE who were previously in and MORE who are being randomly selected. This ~6 months before release, ALL WITH NO NDA. THAT IS MORE THAN BLIZZARD DID.  You just got your agrument flipped in anything the facts support anet as being more open than blizzard. So your double wrong.

And while ANEt may not plan on an open beta atm, nor did blizzard as jay wilson at gamescon 2011 confirmed d3 will have no open beta. But things change don't they.

Is wicked how not even GW1 didnt received any kind of trial/beta .. just because they spent money on all GW1 expansions or something.

I have an open invitation to gw1 atm, for free have had it for years never used it. So open beta.. maybe not , free trial yes, and if all you are asking for is an oppratunity to play the game before paying for it , as you claim, those meet that requirement.

There, can we call uter and factual debasement of the merit of your argument enough?

Your agruement is not that you are forced to buy the game, you may or you may choose not to and for your own reasons. If your agruement contains stated reasons for not purchasing the game and if these reasons (quoted above) are infactual you are not granted the right to lie you state falsehoods without being called to ask for such statements. Because your viewpoint is not realistic in that is doesn't meet with the facts here on earth.

"Learn to accept Reality maybe that itself will solve most of the bickering."

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

This discussion has been closed.