Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have Blizzard lost their touch ?

Comments

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by jusomdude

No, developers haven't lost their touch... gamers have turned into spoiled little brats.

I know... people should be happy shelling out $60 for something that looks and plays like it should be one of the $10 games on Xbox Lives market.

The nerve of gamers today lol.

you talking about D3 or GW2?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Ausare

No, developers haven't lost their touch... gamers have turned into spoiled little brats.

I know... people should be happy shelling out $60 for something that looks and plays like it should be one of the $10 games on Xbox Lives market.

D3, why would you even assume GW2?

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by Lobotomist

This is something that really has to be asked.

Diablo is legendary game franchise. Probably one of most popular ones on PC.

Even if the game is not more that decent, diablo 3 would be bought by millions of people.

Blizzard is brimming with money and talent. And I dont doubt huge budgets were invested in this one...

What can go wrong after all ?

I think unbelivable has happened. Blizzard is about to release their first bad game ( i am not counting WOW expansions)

What happened ?

Did all the talents leave Blizzard ?

Its really hard to answer this one...

i,m not sure if they've lost their touch..guess i will find out when i get my free copy..thank f--k the wife plays WOW..at least from my perspective its not going to cost me anything to play it..i might be pleasantly suprised,who knows.

1 GW2 seems to be brought up in every thread now days.

2 it would echo my feelings on GW2.

So you must really dislike D3 lol. If you feel GW2 is more a crap $10 game I'd hate to see what value you'd slap on D3.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Ekaros

No, the realities of market has changed. Old school gamers aren't the primary group anymore and games are aimed for more casual players.

Diablo 3 is polished product, it just has different more broader audience than before.

QFE, there are new gamers joining the market every day and most of them are younger, "new school" audience while the older crowd either plays or goes to message boards to complain. These "new school" players are just easier to develop for- they want constant stimuli and flashy graphics and thrive on hype. Why would publishers push developers to spend more time and money developing games with depth and substance for the "old school" when they can spend far less throwing the same old games in a new package with somewhat updated graphics and then spend time on cash shops and DLC instead?

Especially when people keep buying them anyway?

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by pierth

Yep, as long as we keep buying those games, they keep making them. And that's a long long time...

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

No, the realities of market has changed. Old school gamers aren't the primary group anymore and games are aimed for more casual players.

Diablo 3 is polished product, it just has different more broader audience than before.

Old school gamers are just that...old...smaller in number with less time to play due to life.  Their tastes and wants are outdated.  They want art more than fun it seems.

I derive my fun from art.  I'm the same way with films.  It's obvious both games and films are sacrificing art for mass appeal.  While i occasionally enjoy crap like Transformers, it doesn't last generations; art does.

[mod edit]

So you must really dislike D3 lol. If you feel GW2 is more a crap $10 game I'd hate to see what value you'd slap on D3.

[mod edit]

Nah, I'm a gamer and I happen to like GW2. But, I don't actually enjoy crapping on other games. As a general rule if I'm crapping on a game it's because intially I wanted to play it and got let down in one way or another.

But I'll let the generalization slide. I know how it is waiting 10 years for a game to come out only to discover it's crap.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Even if the game is not more that decent, diablo 3 would be bought by millions of people.

Blizzard is brimming with money and talent. And I dont doubt huge budgets were invested in this one...

I think unbelivable has happened. Blizzard is about to release their first bad game ( i am not counting WOW expansions)

What happened ?

Must have been playing different games, D3 is fun to me.... however I have good taste in game selection....

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

Originally posted by Alders

Old school gamers are just that...old...smaller in number with less time to play due to life.  Their tastes and wants are outdated.  They want art more than fun it seems.

I derive my fun from art.  I'm the same way with films.  It's obvious both games and films are sacrificing art for mass appeal.  While i occasionally enjoy crap like Transformers, it doesn't last generations; art does.

An very very small bit of art lasts...and even then most art is not appriciated till much later.  Much like pulp films from decades ago become classics now.  But the question related to current situation is that most artists die starving and companies that make games do not like to starve so which "art" are they going to make?  Mass appeal pulp or art that will only be appriciated by the few?

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

I find it funny Blizzard ushered in a new era for MMOs, and they'll do it again with Hack n Slash games.

There's a few disgruntled "vets" here that will pretty much shit on anything they can, but the proof is in the pudding that Diablo 3 will be a success when they're having troubles with their servers from so many people trying to play on the stress test.

• DSBHRDSBHR Member UncommonPosts: 75

I thought I would buy this game but got into beta and just could not get into it. Was really surprised how uninteresting it was to me.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I find it funny Blizzard ushered in a new era for MMOs, and they'll do it again with Hack n Slash games.

There's a few disgruntled "vets" here that will pretty much shit on anything they can, but the proof is in the pudding that Diablo 3 will be a success when they're having troubles with their servers from so many people trying to play on the stress test.

It's free. People love free stuff.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

Originally posted by Mellkor

It's free. People love free stuff.

exactly. i wouldn't have tried it if it wasn't.

People like good free stuff which is why I want to play more D3 and not TERA.

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by Aori

What happened ?

Everyone said SC2 was Blizzard first Bad game.. they also said that about WoW. I believe it was at one point said about D2 being a poor successor to D1 aswell. Even warcraft 3 during its beta stages got flacked hard for its rpg aspects and art style.

Moving onward to another pisspoor game from blizzard that i'll enjoy.

Don't really understand the hate, Just played the Beta and Love it, it was different from the previous games, but similar enough that its still Diablo.

Diablo has always been an click fest, and loot fest. D3 is still a click fest and loot fest, thats what I play Diablo for and thats what they given me.

Loved SC2 as well, and Warcraft 3 was fun as hell before WOW came out.

Whats with all the hate lately? its a free Beta, you get to try it out for free, no money required. IF you don't like it, then don't buy it. This is actually the only game that I know of that I can really say if you don't like it and bought it then bash it on the forums, then you are a really really stupid person.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

What is so bad about the game. I've played beta and I think its a really fun game to pick up and play with a friend or 2. I dont understand how it is bad. Please explain to me why everyone thinks its bad.

Ushering in a new area of Hack n Slash games huh?

So this isn't a game for the vets? It's for the new gamers?

An Isometric view, point and click hack n' slash game with low end graphics is meant for new gamers? lol....

The Vets are pretty much the bulk of those interested in that type of game, though the new gamers will probably enjoy the WoW aspect of Diablo 3 and the easier game play.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

What happened ?

Nothing worrysome actually. Just a bunch of PoE fanboys trying to make D3 look bad.

Of course D3 is great. Of course it will be a big hit and sell great. Of course Blizzard is still the best gaming company on PC.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

What happened is, every talented person which made WOW come true left the company after activision took over and they saw how they do business...

Just my best guess I can come up with...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Originally posted by pierth

QFE, there are new gamers joining the market every day and most of them are younger, "new school" audience while the older crowd either plays or goes to message boards to complain. These "new school" players are just easier to develop for- they want constant stimuli and flashy graphics and thrive on hype. Why would publishers push developers to spend more time and money developing games with depth and substance for the "old school" when they can spend far less throwing the same old games in a new package with somewhat updated graphics and then spend time on cash shops and DLC instead?

You're right about everything, when greed and profitability are all that matter. It happens in every medium: from books, to movies; from television, to comics. I'm not going to dispute that. What I will dispute is whether or not this is healthy for our society, to continue to digest and consume shit. I'm not just talking about proverbial shit, either, I'm talking about real shit. It is true that markets are determined by the willingness for an audience to dispense personal wealth, but creators of any art form, especially that consumed en masse like video games or television, have a social responsibility to provide content that improves and sophisticates consumers, rather than degenerate or diminish the necessity to think, understand, or question why eating shit is a bad idea.

I also believe art should come before finance. I know, it's pretty crazy.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by mindw0rk

Just a bunch of PoE fanboys trying to make D3 look bad.

trivialize people w negative opinions as you like

but you dont need to be a fan of something else to have criticisms

personally the beta didnt convince me to buy a 60.00 game

but a rumored starter version is expected for Diablo3 too - which will hopefully give more gameplay than this beta did

Ushering in a new area of Hack n Slash games huh?

So this isn't a game for the vets? It's for the new gamers?

An Isometric view, point and click hack n' slash game with low end graphics is meant for new gamers? lol....

The Vets are pretty much the bulk of those interested in that type of game, though the new gamers will probably enjoy the WoW aspect of Diablo 3 and the easier game play.

Oh, it's a game for the vets... just not the disgruntled ones who have rose tinted goggles fused to their heads.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by mindw0rk

Just a bunch of PoE fanboys trying to make D3 look bad.

trivialize people w negative opinions as you like

but you dont need to be a fan of something else to have criticisms

Criticism is fine. Its just that I see how PoE is awesome and cool near almost every negative comment about D3.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Hah yeah I guess my gaming experience of 25 years still makes me a newbie.  That must be why I thought the game was pretty cool!

Opinions.  People have them.  Was I blown away by the game?  Not in the least, doesn't mean I didn't like it though.  I think the expectations are just a bit too high for this game for some people however.