Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of the Emperor

Hello, I am GM-Vampire. I personally love RYL compared to any other MMO out there. Why is this? Well mainly the community. You cannot find a great community in any other MMO. I've played this game since the CiB (Maylasian) version was in Closed Beta and the community begins to grow on you. I've had friends that stuck with me playing this game forever.

I too used to be a beta hopper until I poped into this Beta, it grew on me and I havent left it since. There is something about RYL that just keeps you playing, maybe you get fustrated sometimes about certain things going on but still something keeps you playing it. Some of you have played the game for a very short time and "attempted" to make judgements according to that, but you know what, you cant judge something you've played for such a short time. Risk your Life: Path of the Emperor is a awesome change to the Risk your life environment.

The whole guild thing fits in with the pvp aspects of the game perfectly. Alot of you say 'there is no story" well, there is. Even so, this is a Player versus player based MMORPG, most gamers are busy killing others for fame and what not to pay attention to any story anyway. I know alot of you are disappointed because RYL:PotE is going pay to play soon, but, every MMORPG goes pay to play eventually (I know someone will say look at guild wars, but if you look at guild wars game support.. there you have it.. none what so ever).

Anyway, alot of changes will be made as the game crosses over into the retail, if you dont want to stick with it and see for yourself, that is your complete loss. Everyone else will be talking about RYL while you are missing out. Lots of things are going to be going down soon, gotta stick with it to find out !

-GM-Vampire

Comments

• Sou|Sou| Member Posts: 43

yep this game is very good go watch some trailers!

http://gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1477

::::28::

• rotringrotring Member Posts: 7

dunno why ppl are so negative and not realistic bout the world , wake up theres nothing free in this world , if u dont accept it than u hve problems

p2p if u wanna play

dont p2p if u wanna hop on betas always complaining when they p2p

Ph34r m3

• realazrealaz Member Posts: 1
    Yea guys don't judge the game when you've played it for a day or so... Just think before posting and saying "OMG I CANT GET OUT OF THE WATER HEEELP THIS GAME SUX". LoL i have readed it somewhere that was funny ^^
  • MalicusMalicus Member Posts: 307

Its horrible. I have 2 other friends that tried to play and I have played for around 3 weeks. It is extremely buggy and the support is the worst i have ever seen. They dont even seem worried about fixing crashing issues on all ATI cards before release. The staff holds sham events in which they give out mp3 players, dvds, etc that are impossible to redeem. The GMs actually brag about going invisible and or changing location after posting a location they will be to do their job. Purposely give their clients the runaround. Although its the North American Version they do not honor Canada prize redemption. The bugs make it virtually unplayable for most computers. Lag is the worst i have ever seen with no improvement since conception. The Combat system appears advanced at first but when you realise the ladder system is way unbalanced it leaves you feeling very unsatisfied. Becomes a game of one hits in pvp. No strategy and battles are won or lost way too quick no matter your level or skill level or equipment. Overall horrible game. No matter how much time you invest or what aspect you look at will leave you feeling ripped off and cheated. Disturbingly overpriced . Open beta lasted 1 month. Amateur moneygrab

p.s. I would be embarrased to say i was a gm of this game. For you to have to still defend this game days before release, reflects poorly. Makes it obvious. For an emulated game you would think pwg main concern would be support and service not sending gms and his groupies here to try and defend a worthless venture

• reagentzreagentz Member Posts: 13

It is a beta, and yes it's gonna be buggy. Most mmorpg's are even released with the "bug fix patch" in the coming week of release. I've played most every mmo in the past 9ish years and none had a bug free smooth release. Shadowbane was the worst and so was Anarchy Online, and those are 2 mmo's that still have thousands of players. *shrug*

I love the RYL community and the game, those that have negative comments about it haven't even tried, or got to high enough level to see the end game cap results. So those people's comments holds no water to the truth of the game.

If you wanna give your money to a corp whore that doesn't care what you think, play anything else. If you want a dedicated staff and a dev team that is in touch with the player base stick with RYL...nuff said.

Are you blind? Ryl charges as much as the corporate games and its an emulation.Also they are so out of touch they charge more yearly then by month. Not only this but the emulation staff have no clue on customer service or fixing the bugs. For your information I had got to lvl 60 so you cant say i didnt play the game. I have friends that played it also since ryl 1 and feel the same way. Dont you have enough discontent at the ryl forums to deal with? Still trying to advertise this crap here for new customers cause you are losing them at an alarming rate. Of course the poor ppl that convince themselves bugs and liar gms on an emulated game is worth 11.95 a month or 149.95 a yr is a foolish gamer in my books. If anyone doubts this go to their own forums and you can see posts from some of the ppl that quit in anger and disgust. If you want to put your money on a sick horse go ahead but dont be ignorant to the fact that hes not ready to race. Burn
  • -Vampyre--Vampyre- Member Posts: 13

Let me make this plain even for you. I am a Game Master for Risk Your Life yes. I run in game support for the game 20 hours a day 7 days a week, asking if there is anything I can do to help and jumping on problems to fix them. I give up sleep for providing support for the Risk your Life community. No Planetwide Games member asked me to come here and make posts, no. No Game Master told me to come here and post, no Guide told me to come here and post.

Just because I am a Game Master does not mean I do not have a mind of my own and I cannot go to forums or websites I choose and post what I want where I want. You say we arent fixing the ATI bug? Funny.. we have a entire staff of about 30 people working on all the bugs right now ATI being one of those. it will be fixed before P2P, if you read maybe just a fraction instead of jumping to conclusions you would know this.

Planetwide Games gave out free items to thank the Beta Testers for their support all of this time. They did not have to do this, no. Did they do it to promote P2P? No you are wrong. It is simply a way a company says "thank you for your support".

You say Planetwide Games RYL has bad support. Thats funny because everyone else says it has the best support of any game online. There are over 30 GM's for 2 servers that are on 5-20 hours a day helping out gamers. There are around 40 Guides who assist the players by answering questions. The Frequently asked questions on the Forums alone is very, very detailed and descriptive.

You think I am posting this because I am a Game Master? No, I am a RYL fan.. and a gamer just as all of you. I was just recently added back to the Game Master team, but even when I was not a Game Master for months I continued playing this game. Why? Because frankly it is just a awesome game with a awesome community and the best support you can find.

I am talking to you as a Gamer, not a Game Master. You prove that you look for nothing in betas but problems and make that an excuse to hop from one beta to another, therefore giving you the title of "beta hoper" in other words someone that would not pay to play a game if hell froze over.

It's people who do not read up on whats going on in a game that give MMO's a bad name.

-Vampire

I would like to add, its quite funny how you have to come off with such angry attacks to those who choose to pay to play this game. Almost as if you cannot review the game properly so you lash out at the people who actually know what they are talking about. According to your sig you play Guild wars. and you say RYL has no support? That... is funny.

LOL so on your own forums why is their pages of contradiction to what you said. Oh yes I know you are all just the nicest ppl and wanted to give every1 something for free. Get a life. your a company and the overpricing proves you are in it for a profit. fact is most ppl cant stand this game and a few still try and defend it(those with a vested interest mind you) People arent stupid and you guys there treat them as such. Every complaint or issue falls on deaf ears and in fact is flamed and scoffed at by gms and groupies just as above. If you ever looked at the ryl forums you would know. BTW I looked for one of these elusive gms for a week and was constantly ignored and shrugged off. Hell half the gms cant even redeem prizes or help anyone anyway and admit it. Twice i have been told by a gm to be at a specific coordinate and by the time i got there had left and wouldnt answer pms. Next day I seen a post from a gm saying that they go invisible and or change location too"serve you better". Now I would say that the worst customer service ever.

And on your guild wars comment it doesnt need support because they have done things properly and dont charge a monthly fee.(which you might know if you played it) Absolutely no lags or bugs that i could find ,unlike the hundreds i can find in ryl days before p2p.

p.s. what really takes the cake and shows how smart a company pwg is was the last event ... hilarious.

lets give ipod drops to all our players and then have them all "try" and redeem them from 1 or 2 hidden gms. 30 my ass. most of the time there was no gms on conveniently so as not too deal with their own contest. then leave 95% of your fanbase standing with a worthless ipod ticket. In fact 1 gm actually told ppl you couldnt redeem them till next day and by that time they were obsolete.So smart.

definately something i want to invest my time and money in

• lun4ticlun4tic Member Posts: 36

Why do you continue to call this game an emulation? This is an official liscensed program from Youxiland themselves, this is in no way a copy or recreation of an actual game.

RYL is completely action oriented, which you wont find in any other MMORPG. Yea, there will be lag if you attempt to play with an inferior computer. I'm using a GeForce MX 440 and I have minimal lag. Once I've loaded the textures, and effects I'm lag free. The skills, stats, and everything else about this game is completely unique.

It sounds to me like you're just a kiddie grifer who was jumped by guilds too many times. It's not one-shot PvP if you have friends with you and you're not trying to grief newbies outside of the peace zone. I've had a lot of experience with PvP and most battles can last up to 5 seconds, which is a helluva lot more then anybody would like it to.

Strategy is clearly abundant in PvP. Take down the healers? Go for the melee? Send in a Sorceror for a surprise attack? Attack as a giant group or in a wave to catch the enemies off guard? Attacking from above is always preferred them from below.

The items from the event weren't impossible to redeem. This is proven by the fact that they ran out of MP3 players and iPods to give out. After that everybody opted to trade in their tickets for fame, and it's painfully obvious that they were successful by the amount of fame everybody has.

GMs do their best to accomodate everybody, but since it's both impossible in theory and impossible in practice you can't expect them to be everywhere at once. They don't teleport around to give players a hard time, or boast about anything of the sort. Don't try and drag somebody else's name through the mud just because you've had one bad experience.

You've been deemed a beta hopper Malicus, your opinion is invalid and unwanted. Instead of forming constructive criticism you compile posts of pure whining and complaining. I'm embarrased for you everytime you post.

• Sou|Sou| Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by Malicus
    LOL so on your own forums why is their pages of contradiction to what you said. Oh yes I know you are all just the nicest ppl and wanted to give every1 something for free. Get a life. your a company and the overpricing proves you are in it for a profit. fact is most ppl cant stand this game and a few still try and defend it(those with a vested interest mind you) People arent stupid and you guys there treat them as such. Every complaint or issue falls on deaf ears and in fact is flamed and scoffed at by gms and groupies just as above. If you ever looked at the ryl forums you would know. BTW I looked for one of these elusive gms for a week and was constantly ignored and shrugged off. Hell half the gms cant even redeem prizes or help anyone anyway and admit it. Twice i have been told by a gm to be at a specific coordinate and by the time i got there had left and wouldnt answer pms. Next day I seen a post from a gm saying that they go invisible and or change location too"serve you better". Now I would say that the worst customer service ever

omg get a life ...you only registered here to sayd bad about stuff?

you dont know nothing....

ill repeat again

N-O-T-H-I-N-G

overprice?

7 month of game for 30$ overprice?
    (note this is only untill day 28)
    1 year and if u live in na u get a mp3 in a value of 100$?
    (note this is only untill day 28)

you have no idead whats being a gm and get spamed by idiots like you ....

im not a groupie or any stuff like that
    im just here to stop stupid ppl like you from sayng stupid stuff

if u cant steal you mothers card to p2p then dont go other forums say bad about stuff u dont even know..

• stav1stav1 Member Posts: 282
    hilarious thread. thanks.

actually I am saying this to let others know what happened and what goes on there. So you can flame and deny all you want but there are hundreds more that went thru the same as me and its pwg mistake and loss not mine. So take offence to the truth all you like..fact of the matter is it is an emulation as It is Ryl 2 or incomplete union in malaysia. Enuff lies geez. When it was patching to "pote v1224" I got a big splash screen that said as much. Mostly asian writing with a big title that said incomplete union. Lie some more. Maybe you can dig your way out lol

oh and as far as getting the last word you guys go ahead myself i will be moving on to a bigger and better game like most ppl who attempted to play your sorry game. And you guys can rant and rave about your crap all youl like. enuff said

p.s. lun4tic nice first post..what did the gm go back and rally the troops to come here and hopefully convince ppl its not as bad as every1 says? gonna need to get alot more noobs in here then you guys. Oh and good luck

Originally posted by Malicus
    So take offence to the truth all you like..fact of the matter is it is an emulation as It is Ryl 2 or incomplete union in malaysia. Enuff lies geez. When it was patching to "pote" I got a big splash screen that said as much. Mostly asian writing with a big title that said incomplete union. Lie some more. Maybe you can dig your way out lol
    oh and as far as getting the last word you guys go ahead myself i will be moving on to a bigger and better game like most ppl who attempted to play your sorry game. And you guys can rant and rave about your crap all youl like. enuff said

Now it's starting to sound like you're angry at PWG for your own mistakes and faults. Nobody patched to POTE, it was a full client downloadable from a couple different sites. It was in complete English and had no refrences to its Malaysion counterpart Incomplete Union.

This isn't so much the last word as it is correcting your dumb ass, and clarifying your mistakes and accusations. What's bigger and better then RYL? You like the copy and paste quests from WoW? The horrible game play and game play enviroment of EQ2? Or maybe it's just the massive EXP grinds from FFXI that catch your fancy. If you can't handle the PvP aspect you might as well start up your Gamecube and play some more Metroid Prime.

We would rant and rave but that role has been filled by you, Malicus. Contrast and compare posts, and look up the words rant and rave. Enough said.

uh my mistakes? I got version 1220 pote from download.com and on first patch got that screen. No connection to it at all huh lmao .You are obviously ignorant to the very game you promote. to be honest yes all those above mentioned games I would rather play. hell pong is better then what i experienced in pote. There is thread after thread explaining why this game sux. deal with it, glad i dont have too

Everyone has different opinions, you have voiced yours. Now please move on and let those who have not yet voiced how they feel do so. Thank you.

They have in various other threads and all over ryls. And you arent gm here so go be high and mighty elsewhere

(typical ryl gm.. too worried about getting new customers rather then keeping the few they have)

It's excruciatingly obvious you have no clue what you're talking about. Your arguement is flawed from beginning to end. I was attentive to the release of POTE beta since a week before it was released. They let people download the client early, and had a setback the night they were going to open the registration servers. A couple weeks later users could download a patch fixing a couple bugs.

You're basically crying about a beta not adhering to your every need and desire. See this emoticon? ::::16:: <- That's you -> ::::16:: Wahhh! The game didn't meet my extremely high expectations and/or I've had a bad experience in the game that other players get over in seconds but it's ruined my experience forever!!!::::16::

There is no thread after thread explaining anything. It's all unfounded information, bad experiences, and immature whining crybabies that don't understand the purpose of an open beta. I've probably had 10x the bad experiences playing this game then you have, yet I still play because I'm not dumb enough to whip myself into a fit about it.

So mature calling ppl crybabies that point out the flaws in a game. That will convince ppl. And you admit you have had ten times the problems as me lol then i pity you and your logic . Btw it was the first and only patch that i got that screen.. the patch that fixed nothing
  • Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Bahamut2k5
    Still alot more to come, new lvl cap to 150 (dunno when) new players with different talents, no abusers, not coders (hackers), and alot of bugs will be fixed! :D stick around for p2p and u will see, image

Lvl cap will be increased wen p2p comes out.
    yeah pay us your money then we will fix it...isnt that what beta is for?
  • Dark-$ageDark-$age Member Posts: 81
    Beta is the testing stage, its where they bring the product/game into the open public to test the game for any bugs, errors, etc. during the beta stage, the company making the game will fix all the known issues that they can so when the game is commercial, it will be bug-free. PWG doesn't code/make the game so they cannot actually fix the errors, it's made by gamasoft i believe so PWG has to pass the info to Gamasoft and vice versa

haha exactly what we were debating above..I knew it

If they planned to fix the problems how can they set a release date  the day the 30 daybeta is released then?doesnt make sense

• DaSausageDaSausage Member Posts: 8

Seems your the only one to have a problem with this game... 3 pages of people saying how much they enjoy the game and your the only one complaining.

They are working hard with ATI to fix any problems that a small portion of ATI users are experienceing with the game.

And where do you get that this game is as costly as other MMO's ...

I got an account for myself and my wife for 60 bucks and its active for 7 months.

• rotringrotring Member Posts: 7

dude , u had any positive experiences in ryl ?
    is ure life going well ? , cause flaming so much a game/company is not realy normal 
    u hve mental problems ? cause u dont seem to accept tht gms help more than u see nor anything tht anyone says

Ph34r m3