Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worse than I feared....

12346»

Comments

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Scypheroth

I LOVE how u got all thsi from a beta game play that is very short and you really cant get anythign outta it...and im gonan say u prob just got into the beta on this weekend so u dont knwo how many changes actually went down...i agree with some of your posts but the one that grinds my gears is the difficulty...YOU PLAYED A 30 MINS BETA IN ACT 1 ON EASY!!!!!

ill be buyin it cuz i love diablo and frankly every MMRPG that is being realeaed including GW2 just looks like utter shit...i have longed for a town down clicker and this hits the spot...

Love how ppl can judge a game from a realyl short Beta game play...

You are right that playing a short demo (this is really a demo, not a beta) wont give you a fair score but anyone can still weed out plenty of games in that time.

As someone else said do I think Blizzard made a serious misstake here, if they just made this game set in the same world as Wow or something new there would be little whining, but they took a classic game serie and turned it into something else.

That is a big misstake since it alienates the old fans.

I have a feeling that almost all bad reviews will be from old D 1 & 2 fans while almost all good will be from players who never played the old games.

That you think this looks good and GW2 looks bad is odd in my eyes, but I guess that is a mtter of taste. But I bet you never played the original Diablo.

Something tells me that they want in purpose to alienate the d1 and 2 fans.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Originally posted by maji

I don't see how anyone can be surprised by what the current diablo looks like. Was SC2 fundamentally different from SC1? No, neither is D3.

Multiplayer games these days focus on one thing: getting as many people to play as possible. Which means: they have to be very easy to understand and piss easy. If people don't understand everything right away, they stop playing. Same if they keep dying.

But, SC2 was fundamentally different than SC1? As is Diablo 3 compared to 1 or 2? I'm confused as to what you're saying overall :(.

However, I agree completely with the 2nd part you mention about Multiplayer games :)!

SC2 game mechanics are very similar to SC1.

Which is why the SC2 pro-scene is seeing an accelerated growth in metagaming compared to SC1 in the same time span.

1 base all in -> Timing attacks -> macro / build order

Blizzard is known for evolution rather than revolution and D3 (for all intents and purposes) looks like an advanced version of D2.

That's cool as D2 has a huge playerbase and D3 will be larger. I for one love the lore and can't wait till I see what's next. :)

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Zefire

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Scypheroth

I LOVE how u got all thsi from a beta game play that is very short and you really cant get anythign outta it...and im gonan say u prob just got into the beta on this weekend so u dont knwo how many changes actually went down...i agree with some of your posts but the one that grinds my gears is the difficulty...YOU PLAYED A 30 MINS BETA IN ACT 1 ON EASY!!!!!

ill be buyin it cuz i love diablo and frankly every MMRPG that is being realeaed including GW2 just looks like utter shit...i have longed for a town down clicker and this hits the spot...

Love how ppl can judge a game from a realyl short Beta game play...

You are right that playing a short demo (this is really a demo, not a beta) wont give you a fair score but anyone can still weed out plenty of games in that time.

As someone else said do I think Blizzard made a serious misstake here, if they just made this game set in the same world as Wow or something new there would be little whining, but they took a classic game serie and turned it into something else.

That is a big misstake since it alienates the old fans.

I have a feeling that almost all bad reviews will be from old D 1 & 2 fans while almost all good will be from players who never played the old games.

That you think this looks good and GW2 looks bad is odd in my eyes, but I guess that is a mtter of taste. But I bet you never played the original Diablo.

Something tells me that they want in purpose to alienate the d1 and 2 fans.

I highly doubt they purposely made Diablo 3 to "alienate" the d1 & d2 fans, however it does feel like they didn't care at all in some parts of the game. Except for the parts I outlined in green that harekend back to Diablo 1 and give you a nostalgic feeling :).

I'm on the fence with that really. I just wish Diablo 3 was what it should have been, and not what it is now unfortunately.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Originally posted by jpnz

Originally posted by maji

I don't see how anyone can be surprised by what the current diablo looks like. Was SC2 fundamentally different from SC1? No, neither is D3.

Multiplayer games these days focus on one thing: getting as many people to play as possible. Which means: they have to be very easy to understand and piss easy. If people don't understand everything right away, they stop playing. Same if they keep dying.

But, SC2 was fundamentally different than SC1? As is Diablo 3 compared to 1 or 2? I'm confused as to what you're saying overall :(.

However, I agree completely with the 2nd part you mention about Multiplayer games :)!

SC2 game mechanics are very similar to SC1.

Which is why the SC2 pro-scene is seeing an accelerated growth in metagaming compared to SC1 in the same time span.

1 base all in -> Timing attacks -> macro / build order

Blizzard is known for evolution rather than revolution and D3 (for all intents and purposes) looks like an advanced version of D2.

That's cool as D2 has a huge playerbase and D3 will be larger. I for one love the lore and can't wait till I see what's next. :)

I'll agree with you on SC2. 

However D3 doesn't look like D2 whatsoever. Just because you have that top-view camera with click mouse controls doesn't make it "like" Diablo 2 unfortunately. Diablo 2 had a LOT more depth that D3 has unfortunately.

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I'll agree with you on SC2. 

However D3 doesn't look like D2 whatsoever. Just because you have that top-view camera with click mouse controls doesn't make it "like" Diablo 2 unfortunately. Diablo 2 had a LOT more depth that D3 has unfortunately.

D2 also was brutally unforgiving to new players until Blizzard decided to 'fix' the problem by the whole 'synergy'. Since you couldn't 'respec' it wasn't uncommon for casual players to 'grind' levels. This is bad as Blizzard is huge on 'casual' players.

Doesn't the gem system give you customization though?

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Originally posted by Hurvart

Originally posted by Omnifish

Originally posted by Axxar

Actually, I regret having posted that. It has come to my attention that FadedBomb is on a crusade against Diablo 3, so he'll basically say anything to shoot it down.

Wasted time, I'm afraid. (I still hear your point though.)

So because I destroyed your argument in another thread with facts, to the point that you abandoned it all together with "you're just not listening!" you came to ANOTHER thread to troll me?

I'm NOt on a "Crusader" against Diablo 3. What I am trying to do is, again, give people a clearer picture of what Diablo 3 IS and IS NOT.

I'm also not a POE craze addict. I actually stopped playing that recently while I wait for a LOT more content. However, people who outright say that Diablo 3's skill system has more customization than POE are outright trolls and lieing. Most of whom I see are trying to fool themselves into thinking that Diablo 3 is better by not even looking at POE's skill system. It's fine though, I understand the mentality behind lieing to yourself. 

However, don't come into another thread and start outright trolling. I didn't report you because I know how overzealous the mods are here.

I've pointed out CLEAR, well written, and decent outlooks upon which Diablo 3 has FAILED outright as a Diablo franchise. Simply saying "Oh he'll say anything" when most are agreeing with me is childish.

You didnt destroy my argument, you toon. You opened up on PoE features that were offtopic. The OP there made a literal comparison of PoE's skilltree with D3's skills. Thats it. But you suddenly start off on all sorts of other things that, in your opinion, make PoE better. That wasnt the topic at hand.

Not to mention you keep calling me a troll......Sheesh.

Now, enough about your hatred for diablo 3. I dont care. Like I said before, keep fooling yourself.

Actually, I regret having posted that. It has come to my attention that FadedBomb is on a crusade against Diablo 3, so he'll basically say anything to shoot it down.

So because I destroyed your argument in another thread with facts, to the point that you abandoned it all together with "you're just not listening!" you came to ANOTHER thread to troll me?

I'm NOt on a "Crusader" against Diablo 3. What I am trying to do is, again, give people a clearer picture of what Diablo 3 IS and IS NOT.

I'm also not a POE craze addict. I actually stopped playing that recently while I wait for a LOT more content. However, people who outright say that Diablo 3's skill system has more customization than POE are outright trolls and lieing. Most of whom I see are trying to fool themselves into thinking that Diablo 3 is better by not even looking at POE's skill system. It's fine though, I understand the mentality behind lieing to yourself. 

However, don't come into another thread and start outright trolling. I didn't report you because I know how overzealous the mods are here.

I've pointed out CLEAR, well written, and decent outlooks upon which Diablo 3 has FAILED outright as a Diablo franchise. Simply saying "Oh he'll say anything" when most are agreeing with me is childish.

You didnt destroy my argument, you toon. You opened up on PoE features that were offtopic. The OP there made a literal comparison of PoE's skilltree with D3's skills. Thats it. But you suddenly start off on all sorts of other things that, in your opinion, make PoE better. That wasnt the topic at hand.

Now, enough about your hatred for diablo 3. I dont care. Like I said before, keep fooling yourself.

I opened up with POe comparisons? I replied to YOU making OFF TOPIC POE fabrications. You were literally saying "+1% to crit" etc from POE's tree. 

Unless you were talking about Diablo 3's skill system and just forgot to properly point to that fact then fine I overreacted, but if you were talking about POE's skill tree, like your post suggests, then I was right in outlining the exagerations you made mate.

I opened up with POe comparisons? I replied to YOU making OFF TOPIC POE fabrications. You were literally saying "+1% to crit" etc from POE's tree. 

Unless you were talking about Diablo 3's skill system and just forgot to properly point to that fact then fine I overreacted, but if you were talking about POE's skill tree, like your post suggests, then I was right in outlining the exagerations you made mate.

For the love of god........

Seriously, dude, stop posting in this thread THIS is completely off topic. Go back to the other thread and re-read what you said. 

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666

I have never played Diablo. This weekend I had the chance to play Diablo 3 due to the open beta. I really like it actually. But I have nothing to benchmark the game with. So I get where you're coming from. But as a player new to the franchise, I am pleasantly surprised.

Seriously, dude, stop posting in this thread THIS is completely off topic. Go back to the other thread and re-read what you said. 

Just stop it already, man. I'm pretty sure you've earned your paycheck for today. Now go on your merry way and let me be. Again, I just don't care.

• tegororntegororn Member Posts: 13

Thx for the open beta, i've saved my coin.

I got bored of the game during the beta.  And i'm a Diablo fanboy, well i used to be at least.

maybe  after seeing  better character and gear progressions and better story lines during all those years after D2 in other MMO's  , i'm just not satisfied with D3.

www.heroesofanatolia.com

• CrazylikeCrazylike Member CommonPosts: 89

Played through the closed beta a few times a month ago or something like that, and I have the exact same impressions, which are not very good tbh. The one and only reason I am going to buy Diablo 3 is because there is NOTHING else to play these days, im bored out of my mind. Hopefully Salem beta / GW2 beta will be decent. I wish I was back in the 80's again so that I could do a re-playthrough of games witch actual challenges.

Originally posted by tegororn

Thx for the open beta, i've saved my coin.

I got bored of the game during the beta.  And i'm a Diablo fanboy, well i used to be at least.

maybe  after seeing  better character and gear progressions and better story lines during all those years after D2 in other MMO's  , i'm just not satisfied with D3.

Diablo 3 isn't an MMO though? I agree however that as a Diablo fanboy, Diablo 3 is a complete disappointment :(! I wish Blizzard would listen to the Diablo fans and NOT the WoW fans. However that hope was dashed when I realized that the WoW devs are actually the ones who made Diablo 3. :(

Originally posted by Crazylike

Played through the closed beta a few times a month ago or something like that, and I have the exact same impressions, which are not very good tbh. The one and only reason I am going to buy Diablo 3 is because there is NOTHING else to play these days, im bored out of my mind. Hopefully Salem beta / GW2 beta will be decent. I wish I was back in the 80's again so that I could do a re-playthrough of games witch actual challenges.

Agreed, it seems catering to the casual "I want it easy..." crowd is the new thing for businesses to do as it apparently rakes in the most money. Gone are the days when respect was given to good companies and that was enough to make a sequel. Nowadays, it's all about the $$ regardless of the fact that the very same respect gave the same $$$. It's just harder to earn said respect when you're a suit who only wants money.

Interesting to see when a company only aims for the customer's wallet that the game fails, but when the company aims to actually produce a quality product they actually make a lot more $$? Funny how that works :)

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Originally posted by Crazylike

Interesting to see when a company only aims for the customer's wallet that the game fails, but when the company aims to actually produce a quality product they actually make a lot more $$? Funny how that works :)

Hi Fadedbomb.  My name is Call of Duty.  My scope is firmly aimed at your wallet :P

Joking aside, I agree that I definitely prefer quality of quantity.  As far as D3 I still say that I did enjoy the small amount I played.  I've bought the game already though, so maybe I am tricking myself lol.  I have several rl friends that are really into it so I got it to play with them.  These friends refuse to play MMO's so I have to take every chance I get to play with them.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

I had alot of fun last night playing D3.

I really liked the pace of the combat.  I know I'll end up playing 3-4 hours even when I only intend on playing 1-2 because it has the same addictive qualitites D2 had for me.

The game does seem pretty easy though.  On hardcore mode last night I was able to chain stun the skeleton king with the Barbarian class main attack - none of the party got below 90% health the whole fight.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I think that's a fair score actually, especially when you consider what D3 should have been.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• loradoveloradove Member UncommonPosts: 62

Everyone is entitled to have personal opinion about the game, but this thread has turned into flaming and trolling. Locking thread.  

This discussion has been closed.